One more holiday treat to make your mornings merry…

Creamsicle Mimosas I howsweeteats.com

Creamsicle Mimosas

makes 4 mimosas

3/4 cup orange juice

2 ounces marshmallow vodka

1 bottle of champagne (you will have some left over)

whipped cream + crystal sprinkles for garnish

Combine orange juice and vodka into a measure cup. Pour about 1/4 of a cup into each glass, then fill the remaining space with champagne. Top with a squirt of whipped cream and crystal sprinkles.

Note: you can sub in vanilla or cake vodka for marshmallow.

Creamsicle Mimosas I howsweeteats.com

Merry Christmas Eve!

55 Responses to “Creamsicle Mimosas.”

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — December 24, 2011 @ 8:59 am

Thanks for blogging today.

And for posting these. I love champagne! And the part about having some leftover….nah, probably not.

These look wonderful!! Orange push-ups were a fave of mine as a kid. And mimosas a fave as an adult. These are the best of both worlds.

Merry Christmas, Jessica! Hope you and Mr Sweet & the family have an awesome holiday :)

Amanda @ Thinly Sliced Cucumber — December 24, 2011 @ 9:17 am

Mmm…creamsicles were one of my favorite treats as a kid. This drink sounds like it would be great for New Year’s Eve. I’ve never heard of marshmallow vodka but I am going to try and seek it out now. Thanks and happy holidays.

Katrina — December 24, 2011 @ 9:17 am

I am a very happy lady right now. These are lovely :)

katie @KatieDid — December 24, 2011 @ 9:47 am

Gorgeous bokeh photo, that made me happy :) I was planning on making mimosas for my family tomorrow morning, i might have to run out and get some vanilla vodka to add though these sound just like a creamscicle! Have a wonderful holiday!

Katie — December 24, 2011 @ 10:40 am

So pretty!! I love you and hope you have the merriest Christmas!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — December 24, 2011 @ 10:41 am

Perfect way to prepare for holiday time with extended family if ya get my drift!

Merry Christmas!!

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 24, 2011 @ 10:57 am

It’s a tradition for me to have mimosa’s for Christmas, I have the fresh orange juice champagne and I am all set, then you go and pull marshmallow vodka. I never heard of it! Now I have to leave my house today and search for it!! I guess I have my Christmas goal!

Jessica, I wanted to wish you a very merry Christmas! I love reading your blog! You set me on my way to making bread, baking and trying new things. Thank you!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — December 24, 2011 @ 11:28 am

Dee-licious. :)
    Merry Christmas!

kristy — December 24, 2011 @ 11:45 am

Girl, I swear we are sisters from another dimension. I crafted a drink nearly identical to this over the summer while on a cruise. We’d carried on a bottle of bubbly, and smuggled some whipped cream vodka. For a few mornings, we had orange juice delivered to our stateroom, and we had happy hour first thing in the morning. My mother-in-law loved it so much, I bought her a bottle of whipped cream vodka for Christmas :) I think she may bring it over tomorrow so we can have an early morning happy hour and revisit the awesome times of our cruise!

• Michelle — December 25th, 2011 @ 3:43 am

The whipped cream vodka tastes amazing with orange juice!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — December 24, 2011 @ 12:01 pm

Oh lordie… I could go for one or three of these!Merry Christmas Jessica! Xo

Sally — December 24, 2011 @ 12:05 pm

these look wonderful!! i love marshmallow vodka. Merry Christmas!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 24, 2011 @ 12:10 pm

I have been wanting to buy whipped cream vodka for a while, and you just gave me a really good reason to do so – thanks :-)

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy a fabulous weekend!

Leslie — December 24, 2011 @ 12:28 pm

These sound amazing! Perfect for Christmas Eve

Courtney — December 24, 2011 @ 12:56 pm

And a very Merry Christmas Eve to you! Thank you for giving me one more reason to gift myself with another bottle of desert flavored vodka ;)

GamerGirl — December 24, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

This was even delicious without vodka, and subbing champagne with sparkling cider (for those folks who have other kinds of buns in the oven this holiday season ;) Yum! Thx Jess – Merry Christmas!

Cait's Plate — December 24, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

Merry Christmas Eve! That second picture is PHENOMENAL!!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — December 24, 2011 @ 2:01 pm

This would definitely make a Merry Christmas! Fantastic recipe!!

Amy Rene — December 24, 2011 @ 3:48 pm

oh goodness! I need to get me some marshmallow vodka NOW!
    Merry Christmas :)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — December 24, 2011 @ 4:31 pm

marshemellow vodka?!?!? WOWZA thats amazing
    I want to wish you the happiest of holidays, merry xmas love you!

Kim in MD — December 24, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

Now that is one gorgeous cocktail! I love the bokeh in the second photo! Merry Christmas, Jessica! :-)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List — December 24, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

Merry Christmas Eve to you too!!

Emily — December 24, 2011 @ 7:26 pm

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — December 24, 2011 @ 8:20 pm

jealous!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 24, 2011 @ 9:10 pm

Mmmm! Wish I could wake up to one of these. Have a wonderful Christmas Jessica! :)

Stephke — December 25, 2011 @ 6:51 am

Wonderful idea!!! Your pics are delightful! Merry Christmas!

Norma — December 25, 2011 @ 8:18 am

Wish I could of these igredients ealier yesterday to buy while finishing shopping. Would have been tasty with our Breakfast Cupcakes (Pineapple Upside Down) and Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes.
    Cupcakes & Cocktails.
    We drink 3 times a year and Christmas is the Cupcakes & Cocktails. DELISH

Gail H. — December 25, 2011 @ 8:24 am

I happened to find these this morning as we are heading over to my Sister’s house for our anual Xmas Breakfast..she has the OJ and champagne, I have the vodka and whipped cream! Thanks for this one!!

Sommer J — December 26, 2011 @ 9:28 am

New Years drink or just because it’s Tuesday- I am trying this!!! Thanks for sharing. I hope I can find some marshmallow vodka

Melanie — December 26, 2011 @ 10:24 am

Aaack! How did I miss this??? I had the vodka but couldn’t think of anything to do with it sooooo I just served mimosas instead! Oh well, New Year’s is coming.

Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño — December 26, 2011 @ 5:10 pm

What a creative idea. I think I love it!!!! <3

Gail H. — December 29, 2011 @ 8:59 am

I must come back to say these where the hit of our Christmas Day breakfast! I used whipped cream vodka that I rec’d as a gift and had no clue how I was going to use it! Even my 81 y.o. Mom sucked hers down :) Gotta love food blogs!! Thanks again for this one!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — December 29, 2011 @ 12:44 pm

These are awesome! I need to get my hands on that marshmallow vodka.

Kim S. — December 29, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

Wow.. I’ve never had a mimosa in my life but these sound so good. I’m definitely giving this a try! :o)

Leah — December 29, 2011 @ 6:08 pm

These photos are absolutely beautiful!

ammie — December 30, 2011 @ 1:09 am

My favorite champagne is almond flavored. I wonder if that would work well with the marshmallow vodka. Hmmm….. :)

• Jessica — December 30th, 2011 @ 8:23 am

I want almond champagne! Where do you get that?

• ammie — December 30th, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

The Wilson Creek Winery in Temecula, California makes it. Temecula is too far of a drive from LA for a bottle of bubbly. :) Fortunately, the local Cost Plus World Market store carries it. If you go to the Wilson Creek website they may have a list of stores that carry it. It’s delicious and has a great price point!

Sarah — December 31, 2011 @ 1:39 am

Oh Jessica, that second picture is absolutely gorgeous! Love love love! I kinda want a print of it :)

Dana — December 1, 2012 @ 3:12 pm

I was looking for a fun drink for the hubby and I to drink while we put up the tree …and this is the winner! I CAN’T WAIT to try it!

karie engels — February 23, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

Delicious ~ love the photos!

1. Pingback: recipe: creamsicle mimosas | make handmade, crochet, craft

2. Pingback: Creamsicle Mimosas | How Sweet It Is « Frog and Toad Together Blog

3. Pingback: Stumbling Over Chaos :: Linkity rings out the old year

4. Pingback: Lagniappe Friday - Dec 30th

5. Pingback: We Ate and Drank Like Gods | Lindsay in Wonderland

6. Pingback: The Motherload » Amy’s Notebook 01.04.11

7. Pingback: Thirsty Thursday: Wishful Drinking

8. Pingback: Cocktails De Invierno | Mila punto com

9. Pingback: Features & Fun Friday #10 ~ Top 5 New Year’s Eve Cocktails

10. Pingback: Celebrate in Style | Simple Pleasures

11. Pingback: Sunday Brunch |

12. Pingback: 27 Foods That Secretly Want To Be Creamsicles

13. Pingback: ひそかにCreamsiclesでありたい27の食品 | 健康に良い食事・悪い食事とは・・専門家が説明します!

14. Pingback: ひそかにCreamsiclesでありたい27の食品 | ダイエットはこのメニューで決まり! 最新流行ダイエットフード