Oh hi!

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

Just sharing a s’mores mug cake today. That can be made in 5 minutes.

You know… NO BIG DEAL.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

Since you’re asking, yes… I have always thought the whole “cake in a mug in a microwave” thing was sort of skeevy. Well, until I was feeling superbly lazy last week and housing a mad chocolate craving. Like, really mad. So I gave it a try.

And another.

Annnnnd maybe another. Oops.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

And another?

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

Then I thought… is there anything in the world that I’m more obsessed with than s’mores? Umm nope. There isn’t. But just so you know, I’m also allowed to say that about guacamole, Ryan Gosling and chocolate peanut butter. So stop looking at me that way.

In minutes, with a few tweaks and twists and makeshift graham crusts and marshmallow middles, I had a s’mores mug.

And it was just SO… FUDGEY.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

Sidebar: for years as a quick treat, I’ve melted butter in a bowl, added graham cracker crumbs, thrown on some chocolate chips and marshmallows then stuffed it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Then I usually burn the roof of my mouth because I’m so impatient and inhale it anyway.

And you know what?

This is like, A BILLION TIMES BETTER.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

Sorry for the shouting, but it’s necessary. !!!

This is a much more practical, easier, quicker version of my smore’s cake in a jar, with marshmallows stuffed in the center and even a few healthier adjustments.

I want to marry this mug. Don’t judge me.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

And if you love someone (like yourself), this would be an outstanding choice for a fast Valentine’s Day dessert. So… love yourself. PUHlease.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S’mores Mug Cake

[adapted from food network]

makes 1 serving, can easily be doubled

2-3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs

3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1 large egg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (mine was dark cocoa, hence the dark color)

1/8 teaspoon baking powder

pinch of salt

1 1/2 ounces milk chocolate (chopped or morsels)

marshmallow fluff, cream or actual marshmallows

Combine 3 tablespoons butter and 1 ounce of chocolate in a small bowl, then melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Set aside. In another bowl, combine remaining melted butter with 2-3 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs and stir until moistened. Press graham crumbs into the bottom of your mug.

In a bowl. whisk egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa, stir until a thick batter forms. Stream in melted butter and chocolate, mixing to combine. Fold in remaining chocolate chips. Add half of the mixture on top of the graham crust, then throw on a scoop of marshmallow fluff/cream or a few marshmallows. Add remaining batter on top, then pop in the microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds to almost 2 minutes. Remove and top with additional marshmallow if desired. You can pop it back in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to make them melty, or pop them directly under the broiler for about 10 seconds to toast if desired. You can also use a kitchen torch if you have one. Sprinkle with graham crumbs!

Notes: If you don’t have whole wheat pastry flour, you can use all-purpose. I would not recommend using regular whole wheat. Additionally, I have made this by substituting coconut butter for the full amount of butter. It was just as delicious, albeit slightly drier. You cannot taste coconut at all. Finally, take into account the power of your microwave. Mine has a mind of it’s own and is insanely powerful, so I cooked this on 80% power. Judge accordingly and add/subtract a few minutes of cooking if you know your’s is wonky too. Unfortunately it may take 1-2 trial runs to get the right consistency because all microwaves are different, but I promise it’s worth it!

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

And that’s Friday for you.

252 Responses to “5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S’mores Mug Cake.”

Kelsey — June 27, 2013 @ 9:30 pm

I love it! I’ve made it twice already

FoodLov — August 10, 2013 @ 9:11 pm

I didn’t really like it but I could of done it wrong

• Oliver Gogarty — December 6th, 2013 @ 12:45 am

Well judging from that sentence, I’d say it’s more than likely.

• foodielauren — August 4th, 2014 @ 8:47 pm

lmao

Pieces Of Joj0 — September 6, 2013 @ 12:20 pm

I made and blogged this recipe! My pictures are as pretty as yours!! but it was soooo good!!! Thanks!!!!

Deb — October 29, 2013 @ 10:23 am

write up is funny but recipe is too much work for a single serving

Isabell Devereaux — November 2, 2013 @ 9:15 am

I do not have any baking powder, but I do have self-rising flour. Could I substitute the baking powder and wholewheat flour with white self rising flour?

Michael — November 6, 2013 @ 2:56 am

Not a fan.

Sarah — November 9, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

Just made this.. while it took me 20 minutes to prepare I’d be willing to hold my lack of experience in the kitchen accountable for that. As for taste, it’s rather yummy. though it seems to have a metallically taste? Wondering if this is because I failed to combine the baking powder well enough, as this is only in occasional bites. I do recommend!

maria — February 4, 2014 @ 12:48 am

i made this following the recipe and i didnt like it at all sorry

Rhonda Coumas — March 4, 2014 @ 3:03 pm

You are absolutely HYSTERICAL and I swear we must have the same exact taste buds!

Andrea — March 19, 2014 @ 6:30 am

You are amazing…are you sure we’re not related? Love your humor & this recipe sounds like too much fun, I’ve got a “retro” micro(?) that was intended for my eldest girl to take to college but, our built in blew up, (yup), so it’s MINE yay me….
    I am always a VERY GOOD girl until I’m not…then I call it…”Things that go bump in the night”! OH my dear…the kitchen will look like a tornado hit it…I’ll wake up with food (chocolate), everywhere…on my face/body/hair…sheets/nightstand…
    Not pretty…I’ve even sleep walked & had zero memory of what I’ve done…been told I made BACON in my sleep???
    Um, I don’t even eat bacon…so my evil twin has been really busy when I’m not aware at all…
    I’m an organic chef, 5’9′ 125lbs, very careful about every bite I put in my face…until I’m not…It’s like I’m being overcome by a primal beast from a place deep inside where the sun don’t shine! Holey cow Batman…not pretty, I’ll just shreek STEAK NOW…drag it across the grill & shove it in my face…blood pouring down my chin, look up a teen looking at me…mom? What…R U K? HUH…grunt…
    It gets worse…SUGAR…
    I’m so content with bark, twigs, kale chips, all of the crap that is “in” now…that being said…I slide into my 800th ct sheets, slip into a coma like sleep…then “she” takes over…it’s not enough to have a dish of ice-cream NOOO, gotta put a brownie on the bottom; then brake up a cookie; hot fudge; marshmallows; nuts; more; more; more…torche it….flambe, toss everything in the pantry in that sucker…stagger up to your pristine bed and slobber that mess from head to toe!…then I wake up!
    So yeah, I get the cake in a cup…been there done that, yours sounds way better than the ones I’ve tried…can’t speak for my evil twin!
    Thanks, Andrea

• Ashley — March 25th, 2014 @ 5:29 pm

That’s a very common side effect of Ambien.

• Tehmina — May 24th, 2014 @ 2:23 am

ahahahahah! Andrea i had such a blast reading your comment! u sound like such a fun person .. i can totally relate to the “evil twin” scenario! i myself am a clean eater.. but occasionally i go rogue… and then its like all hell lets loose in my make-shift dorm room “kitchen”! anyways.. reading that there are others like me just made me smile :)

Andrea — May 5, 2014 @ 6:29 pm

I’m a college student. I live in a dorm room where the only cooking appliances I have are a microwave and a minifridge. Sometimes I get stressed and want chocolate. I’ve tried many other mug cake recipes but I just keep coming back to this one with the buttery graham cracker crust, rich chocolate cake, and fluffy marshmallow middle. Everything about this mug cake satisfies me EVERY SINGLE TIME I make it and eat it. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe for chocolatey perfection that I can make despite my lack of kitchen.

Nalini — May 13, 2014 @ 6:43 pm

I’m from England, What on earth is a graham cracker and what else can i use as an equivalent?? i tried to google it, but Wikipedia offered no real insight… :/

• Shelley — June 3rd, 2014 @ 7:48 pm

A graham cracker is a biscuit that comes in sheets that look like crackers. They’re usually slightly sweet and flavored with honey. I bet you could substitute a simple digestive, but I read that Tesco stocks American-style graham crackers.

foodielauren — August 4, 2014 @ 8:49 pm

i love s’mores more than anyone on the planet and your mug cake looks beyond beautiful…it just seems like so much work for a single serving – is it truly better than just making s’mores?

Ralph Wooden — August 7, 2014 @ 2:01 pm

3-1/2 Tbs Butter for one serving??? OMG!

Michal — August 21, 2014 @ 1:51 pm

Looks really delish! thanks for sharing

1. Pingback: INTERIOR JUNKIE » Vrijdagmiddag Inspiratieboost

2. Pingback: An Edible Mosaic™ » 5-Minute Healthy Chocolate Mug Cake {Paleo}

3. Pingback: 15 Busy Girl Fast Snacks

4. Pingback: Mmmmm Mug Cake Round Up - The Knit Wit by Shair

5. Pingback: Awesome Slumber Party Ideas! | thirteen13again

6. Pingback: 25 delicious mug cakes

7. Pingback: 25 delicious mug cakes

8. Pingback: Chocolate Fudge S’mores Cake in a Mug!! | The Baking Helper

9. Pingback: 12 Meals You Can Microwave In A Mug – Sponsored Daily

10. Pingback: 5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S’mores Mug Cake. | How Sweet It Is | Thrifty Mom

11. Pingback: 5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S’mores Mug Cake. | How Sweet It Is | Frugal Mom

12. Pingback: 10 S’mores Recipes That Can’t Be Missed | Chocolate Lovers Society

13. Pingback: 20 mouthwatering s'mores recipes