Oh hi!

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

Just sharing a s’mores mug cake today. That can be made in 5 minutes.

You know… NO BIG DEAL.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

Since you’re asking, yes… I have always thought the whole “cake in a mug in a microwave” thing was sort of skeevy. Well, until I was feeling superbly lazy last week and housing a mad chocolate craving. Like, really mad. So I gave it a try.

And another.

Annnnnd maybe another. Oops.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

And another?

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

Then I thought… is there anything in the world that I’m more obsessed with than s’mores? Umm nope. There isn’t. But just so you know, I’m also allowed to say that about guacamole, Ryan Gosling and chocolate peanut butter. So stop looking at me that way.

In minutes, with a few tweaks and twists and makeshift graham crusts and marshmallow middles, I had a s’mores mug.

And it was just SO… FUDGEY.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

Sidebar: for years as a quick treat, I’ve melted butter in a bowl, added graham cracker crumbs, thrown on some chocolate chips and marshmallows then stuffed it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Then I usually burn the roof of my mouth because I’m so impatient and inhale it anyway.

And you know what?

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

Sorry for the shouting, but it’s necessary. !!!

This is a much more practical, easier, quicker version of my smore’s cake in a jar, with marshmallows stuffed in the center and even a few healthier adjustments.

I want to marry this mug. Don’t judge me.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

And if you love someone (like yourself), this would be an outstanding choice for a fast Valentine’s Day dessert. So… love yourself. PUHlease.

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S’mores Mug Cake

[adapted from food network]

makes 1 serving, can easily be doubled

2-3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs

3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1 large egg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (mine was dark cocoa, hence the dark color)

1/8 teaspoon baking powder

pinch of salt

1 1/2 ounces milk chocolate (chopped or morsels)

marshmallow fluff, cream or actual marshmallows

Combine 3 tablespoons butter and 1 ounce of chocolate in a small bowl, then melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Set aside. In another bowl, combine remaining melted butter with 2-3 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs and stir until moistened. Press graham crumbs into the bottom of your mug.

In a bowl. whisk egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa, stir until a thick batter forms. Stream in melted butter and chocolate, mixing to combine. Fold in remaining chocolate chips. Add half of the mixture on top of the graham crust, then throw on a scoop of marshmallow fluff/cream or a few marshmallows. Add remaining batter on top, then pop in the microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds to almost 2 minutes. Remove and top with additional marshmallow if desired. You can pop it back in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to make them melty, or pop them directly under the broiler for about 10 seconds to toast if desired. You can also use a kitchen torch if you have one. Sprinkle with graham crumbs!

Notes: If you don’t have whole wheat pastry flour, you can use all-purpose. I would not recommend using regular whole wheat. Additionally, I have made this by substituting coconut butter for the full amount of butter. It was just as delicious, albeit slightly drier. You cannot taste coconut at all. Finally, take into account the power of your microwave. Mine has a mind of it’s own and is insanely powerful, so I cooked this on 80% power. Judge accordingly and add/subtract a few minutes of cooking if you know your’s is wonky too. Unfortunately it may take 1-2 trial runs to get the right consistency because all microwaves are different, but I promise it’s worth it!

5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake I howsweeteats.com

And that’s Friday for you.

320 Responses to “5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S’mores Mug Cake.”

CouponClippingCook — February 10, 2012 @ 12:31 pm

Fudgey, made in 5 minutes, and in the microwave….that’s my kind of dessert.

Cait's Plate — February 10, 2012 @ 12:33 pm

I’ve said it once but I’ll say it again, every single time I think you can’t torture and tempt me any more, you manage to top yourself. I mean, the fact that this only takes 5 minutes to cook alone had me sold :)

meg — February 10, 2012 @ 12:37 pm

My husband was sitting right next to me as I drooled over this and said “that looks really good”. Man approved.

I was skeptical about microwave “cakes” until I tried one and holy batman they are a dangerous creature.

Carissa — February 10, 2012 @ 12:38 pm

That toasted marshmallow is making me crave summer with it’s campfires & ooeygooey-mess-everywhere-but-no-one-cares s’mores. Mmmmmmmmm

Sarah — February 10, 2012 @ 12:50 pm

Uhoh I have all of these ingredients.. this could happen and it could be dangerous. Dangerously delicious that is!! This looks fantastic!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — February 10, 2012 @ 1:15 pm

I LOVE s’mores! Looks like extra running for me this weekend :)

Lisa [With Style and Grace] — February 10, 2012 @ 1:27 pm

O.M.G I want a microwave just so I can make this. Right, what food blogger doesn’t have a microwave?! yup, that would be me.

Zesty Cook — February 10, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

Oh my gosh…you are right, what a perfect Valentine’s dessert! Do you buy the graham cracker crumbs already crumbled, or do you do it yourself? I’m kind of lazy ;)

• Jessica — February 10th, 2012 @ 1:44 pm

I buy them as crumbs. :)

Krissy's Creations — February 10, 2012 @ 2:06 pm

OMG Jessica! LOOOOOVVVVEEE these!

cowgirl cookin — February 10, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

I think this is like a revelation to all of us food bloggers!

Kristen — February 10, 2012 @ 2:15 pm

I absolutely love S’mores as well! I can’t think of a better combo than graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. Gotta try this!

Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} — February 10, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

S’mores in the microwave? You might have just revolutionized this camping treat. I am going to have to give this a try! :)

Jillian @ NewlyBread — February 10, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

looks sooooo goooooodddddddddddd. I am making your s’mores pie for valentines day! can’t wait!

Mama Pea — February 10, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

I have special pink marshmallows I bought the girls for Valentine’s Day. Guess what their afterschool snack is going to be… They say thank you in advance.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — February 10, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

Oh good lord, this looks amazing Jessica!

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — February 10, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

Michelle — February 10, 2012 @ 2:48 pm

I knew I always liked you!

Nicole, RD — February 10, 2012 @ 2:53 pm

I’m in love with anything made in a mug. The fact that it’s dessert is just the cherry on the cake!

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — February 10, 2012 @ 2:56 pm

I once tried a microwave chocolate cake recipe that did not turn out and completely turned me off of the idea of microwave cakes altogether. Which was really sad, because it seemed so convenient! But this looks super amazing and your method is a bit different, so I will give it a try and pray for a microwave cake miracle! Thanks and happy Friday!

emily W. — February 10, 2012 @ 3:09 pm

What a great way to start using up my gingerbread graham crackers! Fun, fun, yum, yum. Mmmmm thanks.

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions — February 10, 2012 @ 3:20 pm

Did you read my mind? I legitimately had every intention of making a mug cake for dessert tonight. A+ recipe decision.

Erin — February 10, 2012 @ 3:39 pm

Thank you.

Becca @ Cook, Rejoice, Repeat — February 10, 2012 @ 4:03 pm

Oh. My. Word. I’ve been Pinning mug cakes for all too long, and I think this one has finally pushed me to actually make a mug cake. Love it. Thanks.

Christine — February 10, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

Excellent use of the word skeevy, bravo.

P.S. I’m gonna love myself with some of this, right now.

Janetha @ meals & moves — February 10, 2012 @ 4:28 pm

i love you and i hate you. how is that even possible??

headless — February 10, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

Oh dear god. What have you done? You just unleashed a monster how am i suppose to stay in my size 2 jeans now?
    I cant wait to try this chocolate goodness out, thank you for sharing the recipe. If i end up on one of TLC’s morbidly obese people shows, i’ll give you a shout out.

Have a Happy Valentines Days! <3

Ashley — February 10, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

Hormones are calling! Making this TONIGHT!

Erin — February 10, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

Dang it, I think you may have just made me think twice about what I am making for Valentine’s Day dessert. This looks so good! I have yet to try the mug cake concept, but this looks like the perfect way to start!

Stephanie H — February 10, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

the five year old in our house peeked over my shoulder at the pictures and asked why I can’t cook like that :) Let me know where you want me to ship him!!

Jules @La Petite Maison Verte — February 10, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

Oh wow, that looks amazing! Even better that it is so quick to whip up (those chocolate cravings strike HARD and FAST!)

honeywhatscooking — February 10, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

this looks divine.
    i love 5 minute desserts. :-)

tina @ mylifeasamrs — February 10, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

you’re my hero… i NEED that cake after the week I’ve had!! ;)

& 5 Minutes?!! you better believe I’ll be eating this tonight!

Anna — February 10, 2012 @ 6:31 pm

this looks and sounds absolutely delicious. I’ve made cake in a mug a few times but our microwave broke ages ago and we haven’t bought a new one yet so there’s no super fast smore mug cake for me :( I will save the recipe though, looks yummy

Cindy — February 10, 2012 @ 7:29 pm

So making this tonight. Can.Not.Wait!

Margarita — February 10, 2012 @ 8:21 pm

Fast + easy + delicious = Awesome!

Tracy — February 10, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

All that chocolate goodness looks super yummy, but I adore the actual mug. Will you please share the pattern or brand? Much obliged :)

MikeVFMK — February 10, 2012 @ 10:40 pm

5 minutes to a cup of chocolate heaven. You can throw down dessert. No doubt. Really good stuff!

Valerie from Sex, Food, and Rock & Roll — February 10, 2012 @ 10:49 pm

I stumbled on something that made me think of you: http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/category/all_bacon_chocolate

Bacon and chocolate are not a foreign concept to me, but Vosges seems to have upped the ante so I got a little excited.

Rosie @ Sweetapolita — February 10, 2012 @ 10:57 pm

This is what love is all about, and I love you! xo

Sara @ Sara Says.. Bake. — February 10, 2012 @ 11:34 pm

Mmmm. You should have made these in clear mugs so we could see the amazing delicious layers :)

Katrina — February 10, 2012 @ 11:50 pm

This needs to be in my mouth.

kendra — February 11, 2012 @ 12:08 am

I made this tonight and it wasn’t good at all. And by not good, I mean SUPER SUPER good. Thanks!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — February 11, 2012 @ 12:32 am

I just bought all the ingredients for s’mores today because I started craving them last night for some reason. This sounds exactly like what I want. :D

Staci — February 11, 2012 @ 1:13 am

So here I sit, desperate for anything yummy, but stuck in the house with a sleeping child. And what do I stumble upon? It is like a light shined down on my iPad! I almost broke my leg from tripping over the dogs to get to the kitchen. Bless you for providing me with the opportunity to literally increase my waist size in peace and quiet while watching Jersey Shore. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — February 11, 2012 @ 1:34 am

This looks like a very dangerous dessert!

Tiffany {A Clove of Garlic} — February 11, 2012 @ 2:09 am

Oh my, this sounds amazing. I love your writing style… I actually read everything instead of just browsing through the pictures. Thank you for sharing!

Charissa — February 11, 2012 @ 2:24 am

I’m dying over here. Pretty sure I’ll be trying this!

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles — February 11, 2012 @ 5:43 am

Fudge cake Fridays?! Good call.

Zee — February 11, 2012 @ 7:36 am

Looks gorgeous!

~kim — February 11, 2012 @ 9:59 am

sweet Adam’s ribs~! YOU are pure, unadulterated, chocoholic evil…. and I say that with all due respect, reverence, love, and may I please kiss your feet? Here I sit, 20 feet away from my kitchen with every single ingredient (marshmallow fluff, mini marshmallows, and JUMBO marshmallows… which I feel obligated to “test” in order to see which performs best), and my DH away for 48 hours. Suddenly I am rethinking my breakfast plans… and how long I should wait to exercise after trying this recipe. Seriously, I have to give it a test run before serving to the DH next week, right???
    Chocolate for breakfast… it’s (gonna be) a beautiful thing~!

1. Pingback: INTERIOR JUNKIE » Vrijdagmiddag Inspiratieboost

2. Pingback: An Edible Mosaic™ » 5-Minute Healthy Chocolate Mug Cake {Paleo}

3. Pingback: 15 Busy Girl Fast Snacks

4. Pingback: Mmmmm Mug Cake Round Up - The Knit Wit by Shair

5. Pingback: Awesome Slumber Party Ideas! | thirteen13again

6. Pingback: 25 delicious mug cakes

7. Pingback: 25 delicious mug cakes

8. Pingback: Chocolate Fudge S’mores Cake in a Mug!! | The Baking Helper

9. Pingback: 12 Meals You Can Microwave In A Mug – Sponsored Daily

10. Pingback: 5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S’mores Mug Cake. | How Sweet It Is | Thrifty Mom

11. Pingback: 5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S’mores Mug Cake. | How Sweet It Is | Frugal Mom

12. Pingback: 10 S’mores Recipes That Can’t Be Missed | Chocolate Lovers Society

13. Pingback: 20 mouthwatering s'mores recipes

14. Pingback: S'more S'mores: 5 Recipes You Will Want to Make - Lean Lena

15. Pingback: Trim Treats: Twist on S’mores | Trim Magazine

16. Pingback: 11 Delicious Desserts with S’mores - The Recipe Daily

17. Pingback: 15 Crave-Worthy S’More Recipes | Our Family 2 Yours

18. Pingback: Chocolate Raspberry Mug Cake - The Kitchenthusiast

19. Pingback: 50+ S'mores Recipes - Eclectic Momsense

20. Pingback: Want S’more? We Thought So! | Zevia Blog

21. Pingback: Mug Cake Recipes: Some Easy, Some Not, All Delicious! | Mirth in a Blog

22. Pingback: Microwave Snack You Can Make In A MUG! | WORLD Warotter

23. Pingback: More Than a S’more {Easy Oven-Broiled S’mores + 104 S’more Variations!}

24. Pingback: 5 Minute Chocolate Fudge S’mores Mug Cake | Get Daily Recipes.com

25. Pingback: 10 Easy Chocolate Mug Cake Recipes for International Chocolate Day! - the Keybie Cafe

26. Pingback: 50+ Meals You Can Make In A Mug | Student Budget Living

27. Pingback: Fun Friday: S’Mores Mug Cake | The Whole bag of Chips

28. Pingback: Bunny Blog

29. Pingback: Valentines Day Fashion | My WordPress Website

30. Pingback: Microwaveable dishes

31. Pingback: 18 Microwave Snacks You Can Cook in a Mug - Boo's FunZone.com

32. Pingback: chocolate cake recipe mug | Recipe Unique

33. Pingback: mug of chocolate cake recipe | Recipe Unique

34. Pingback: Friday’s Fab Five – Dessert In A Mug | Fab Fatale

35. Pingback: 18 "ของทานเล่น" ที่ทำได้ง่ายๆ ในถ้วยและไมโครเวฟ! รับรองเด็ด! - KIITDOO

36. Pingback: Death by chocolate cake

37. Pingback: If You Have A Mug And A Microwave, You Can Make 22 Simply Incredible Things - Unheard Facts

38. Pingback: leftvip » If You Have A Mug And A Microwave, You Can Make 22 Simply Incredible Things

39. Pingback: Le poți face oriunde mergi! 8 preparate delicioase la… CANĂ >>> | Grid News

40. Pingback: If You Have A Mug And A Microwave, You Can Make 22 Simply Incredible Things | Traffic Nova

41. Pingback: 17 Microwavable Mug Cakes Made in Minutes - {Easy & Tasty}

42. Pingback: A Mug and a Microwave Are The Tools You Need For Making These 10 Delicious Dessert Recipes

43. Pingback: 15 Snacks You Can Microwave | Quick, Simple & Delicious! Yumm! | EyeFlicker

44. Pingback: 5 minute chocolate fudge s’mores mug cake – for when… | shareao

45. Pingback: Single Serve Mug Desserts - Quick and Easy - Double the Batch

46. Pingback: The 4 Best Mug Cakes - Amazing Food Blog

47. Pingback: If You Have A Mug And A Microwave, You Can Make 22 Simply Incredible Things | xciteviral

48. Pingback: If You Have A Mug And A Microwave, You Can Make 22 Simply Incredible Things - Womans Vibe

49. Pingback: Learn How to Cook 18 Deliciously Healthy Snacks in a Mug | Being Natural

50. Pingback: If You Have A Mug And A Microwave, You Can Make 22 Simply Incredible Things