One of these things is not like the other…

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

I guess.

I mean, I really have no idea.

I eat chocolate and cheese together all the time (HOW WEIRD AM I?), but I just really wanted to say those words.

Ugh.

I

can’t

even.

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

This is just the beginning of my roasted strawberry obsession. Believe it. Last week I made pancakes with them and I even made something savory and I am fully planning on blasting you in the face with my full-blown fascination until the point of complete annoyance.

I’m sorry.

But not really. At all.

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

Do you enjoy my use of super crusty (in a good way, not in a, uh… crusty way) multigrain bread? With some organic strawberries and cheese, dark chocolate (not nearly as delicious as milk, but whatever) and a sort-of healthy butter, this is practically a health food. Tons of antioxidants. Even some fiber. Obvious protein.

I think someone’s Friday just got better…

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese

makes 2 sandwiches

6 strawberries, quartered

1/2 teaspoon canola oil

pinch of salt

2 tablespoons butter

4 thick-cut slices of multigrain bread

2-3 ounces of brie cheese, sliced

1-2 ounces high-quality chocolate

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss strawberries with oil and salt, then spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.

Heat a large skillet or grilled over medium-low heat. Butter the sides of two slices of bread, place them on the skillet buttered-side down, then layer on a few slices of cheese, chocolate and strawberries. Top with a few more slices of cheese, then butter one side of the other bread slices, and place on top of the cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has started to melt, then gently flip the sandwich and cook until golden. Serve immediately!

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

And it’s not only mine.

252 Responses to “Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheeeeeeeese.”

Libin — July 9, 2014 @ 3:42 pm

Omg… I have no Words. Just… Thank you
    :-D

Mark M — August 10, 2014 @ 3:10 am

brie and chocolate .. wow! just wow!

bad but so GOOOD!

im going to try this over the weekend

www.knifesupremacy.com — August 30, 2014 @ 12:32 am

Mmmm, this look so good! I am going to try this with my gf!
    We absolutely chocolate strawberries and now that you guys have made it into a grill cheesed style sandwich… in genniusss :)

Rachel — October 16, 2014 @ 1:04 am

WOW chocolate grilled + Brie combination sounds Yummy Yummy! Cant wait to prepare it for my BF and he gonna love it and me as-well. I feel like mouth-watering once seen this wonderful delicious dishes.

Rié|Portobello Design blog — November 9, 2014 @ 4:27 pm

Just an FYI, I posted your pictures and recipe on my blog Portobello Design Blog and embedded a link to your site. Also, I plugged your new cookbook, that looks amazing!, and embedded a link to Amazon. All the best, Rié http://portobellodesign.blogspot.com/

Edward Colin — November 23, 2014 @ 9:48 am

Many people would not think to add the cheese into a sweet dish like this one. For those that know, cheese can add a lot of creamy texture and give the salty & sweet flavor boost. I’m going to cut up some strawberries and try this one! Thanks

1. Pingback: T.G.I.F. #2 |

2. Pingback: roasted strawberry, brie, and balsamic grilled cheese. | noms and notes

3. Pingback: Befitspired50 Greatest Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes Of All Time - Befitspired

4. Pingback: Brunch-Off: Strawberries Recipes

5. Pingback: Put a spin on your grilled cheese sandwich. | Easy Peasy Crafts

6. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate grilled cheese | creative* savvy*mommy

7. Pingback: No box- Scottsdale Farmer’s Market | My Yummy Local Life

8. Pingback: Receta para una combinación interesante de sabores - Sabrosía

9. Pingback: Receta para una combinación interesante de sabores | Latinoticias

10. Pingback: Strawberries | Girl Gone Farming

11. Pingback: 30 bocados de fresa | Cosas Molonas | Blog de Inspiración & DIY |

12. Pingback: ТАРТАЛЕТИ С ЯГОДИ, БРИ И ШОКОЛАД / STRAWBERRY, BRIE AND CHOCOLATE MINI TARTES | sugarmouse

13. Pingback: I’m Back! Best Sandwich Ideas: Roasted Strawberries, Brie and Chocolate Grilled Cheese | Momma Wishes

14. Pingback: Grilled Chocolate?! (With Brie of course!) | Diaries of a Foodie

15. Pingback: Brownie bake-off… | thekendz

16. Pingback: 10 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Inspired by Other Recipes | 42une Eeek!

17. Pingback: Gourmet Grilled Cheese: Brie, Chocolate + Strawberry & Cheddar, Apple + Fig :

18. Pingback: Decadent Comfort Food for the Winter | Butter&Yolk

19. Pingback: 35 Ooey-Gooey Grilled Cheese Recipes

20. Pingback: White Pizza Grilled Cheese | How Sweet It Is

21. Pingback: Sándwich de chocolate, fresas y queso brie - La Caja de Chocolates

22. Pingback: Foto Friday No. 4 | A Year in Learning

23. Pingback: Society South | Dessert Sandwich

24. Pingback: For The Child At Heart : Confessions of a Posh Mommy

25. Pingback: Pick a Nic! | KATE EATS CAKE

26. Pingback: Gourmet Grilled Cheese: Brie, Chocolate + Strawberry

27. Pingback: Fontina & Blackberry Basil Smash Grilled Cheese Sandwiches | Eden Market Catering & Personal Chef Co.

28. Pingback: Szybkie, pyszne, cudownie słodkie! | Z Kuchni Do Sypialni.pl ..bo w życiu liczą się przyjemności!

29. Pingback: These Grilled Cheeses are Guaranteed to Give You the Warm and Fuzzies. | Virawire

30. Pingback: Make Me a Sandwich, but Not PB&J - Destination Femme

31. Pingback: Grilled cheese all stars | 40 North

32. Pingback: Winter Warmers | Country & Kitsch

33. Pingback: Recipe : Roasted Strawberry, Brie & Chocolate Grilled Cheese :: This is Glamorous

34. Pingback: Grown-Up Grilled Cheese

35. Pingback: Cutting down on refined sugar - Another House Blog

36. Pingback: Favorite Finds Friday | The Magic Tree

37. Pingback: 17 Delicious Breakfast Sandwiches Worth Waking Up ForZociall | Zociall