One of these things is not like the other…

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

I guess.

I mean, I really have no idea.

I eat chocolate and cheese together all the time (HOW WEIRD AM I?), but I just really wanted to say those words.

Ugh.

I

can’t

even.

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

This is just the beginning of my roasted strawberry obsession. Believe it. Last week I made pancakes with them and I even made something savory and I am fully planning on blasting you in the face with my full-blown fascination until the point of complete annoyance.

I’m sorry.

But not really. At all.

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

Do you enjoy my use of super crusty (in a good way, not in a, uh… crusty way) multigrain bread? With some organic strawberries and cheese, dark chocolate (not nearly as delicious as milk, but whatever) and a sort-of healthy butter, this is practically a health food. Tons of antioxidants. Even some fiber. Obvious protein.

I think someone’s Friday just got better…

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese

makes 2 sandwiches

6 strawberries, quartered

1/2 teaspoon canola oil

pinch of salt

2 tablespoons butter

4 thick-cut slices of multigrain bread

2-3 ounces of brie cheese, sliced

1-2 ounces high-quality chocolate

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss strawberries with oil and salt, then spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.

Heat a large skillet or grilled over medium-low heat. Butter the sides of two slices of bread, place them on the skillet buttered-side down, then layer on a few slices of cheese, chocolate and strawberries. Top with a few more slices of cheese, then butter one side of the other bread slices, and place on top of the cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has started to melt, then gently flip the sandwich and cook until golden. Serve immediately!

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

And it’s not only mine.

246 Responses to “Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheeeeeeeese.”

Meghan — April 27, 2012 @ 10:00 am

Did you ever know that you’re my hero….?

It’s Friday at 8am and I seriously don’t know how I am going to make it through the work day without one of these!

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — April 27, 2012 @ 10:02 am

Are you even kidding me right now?! There are strawberries, brie, AND chocolate on this sandwich. Smooshed. And melted.

Drool.

Corrie — April 27, 2012 @ 10:02 am

A sort of healthy butter? haha…

Cait's Plate — April 27, 2012 @ 10:08 am

Oh man. And I thought my breakfast was good! You just blew it outta the water!

Kelly — April 27, 2012 @ 10:09 am

OMG. On my way to the grocery store now.

Melissa O — April 27, 2012 @ 10:12 am

This reminds me a little bit of the awesome brunch I had while in Orlando (Winter Park). It was Raspberry and Brie stuffed french toast. YUM!!! Trying your recipe this weekend:)

Cassie — April 27, 2012 @ 10:16 am

I started on a roasted fruit obsession last weekend with grapes. Now onto strawberries. Oh, Lord help me!

Kendra — April 27, 2012 @ 10:21 am

I’m kind of mad at you for even putting this idea into my head! OMG!

• Jessica — April 27th, 2012 @ 11:17 am

I’m kind of mad at myself.

Calee (@chimes) — April 27, 2012 @ 10:25 am

Whoa. Mama. This looks awesome.

I’m going no carbs from here til Blend (I cheated the last 2 weeks of LiveFit’s low carb days) so I’m going no bread, pasta, cereal, etc. for one week (my GI system is going to thank me anyway). But when blend is over, I’m making this. Stat.

Rachel — April 27, 2012 @ 10:30 am

This looks sinful. I love strawberries and chocolate, yum! I am not a huge fan of brie, what would you suggest as a substitute?

• Jessica — April 27th, 2012 @ 11:16 am

I think SO many other cheeses would work… swiss, white cheddar, gouda, mascarpone, goat cheese…

• Rachel — April 27th, 2012 @ 1:17 pm

Mmm. Mascarpone sounds heavenly, I think i’ll give that a try! Thanks! :)

Jen Marie — April 27, 2012 @ 10:38 am

You’re killin me, Smalls….

*sigh* Now this is all I want.

Chelsy — April 27, 2012 @ 10:39 am

I am in awe. Looks ah-mazing as per the usual. Did I just say, As per the usual? Seriously? It’s been a long week. Happy Friday!

Alysa (InspiredRD) — April 27, 2012 @ 10:54 am

Girrrrrrrrrl, you just combined 3 of my favorite things. I am off of dairy and gluten, but I have seen brie made of goat milk at the store…may have to try it now!

• Jessica — April 27th, 2012 @ 11:16 am

This makes me so excited that you could possibly eat it!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — April 27, 2012 @ 10:59 am

That is the definition of a hot mess. And perfection. LOVE IT!

Rebecca — April 27, 2012 @ 11:01 am

Oh. my. god. I almost fell out of my seat when I saw this. Except I’m currently on a bus, so it would be awkward for me to fall to the feet of the stranger sitting next to me. but oh. my god.

Jenna @ Spinach In My Teeth — April 27, 2012 @ 11:04 am

HOLY CRAP.

Stefanie — April 27, 2012 @ 11:07 am

Amazing! Can’t wait to try this. There is a eatery called “Grilled Cheese & Co” around here and they have a raspberry, chocolate, and mascarpone grilled cheese sandwich that is amazing!

• Jessica — April 27th, 2012 @ 11:15 am

Ummmm… why don’t I live by that?

• Stefanie — April 27th, 2012 @ 11:26 am

If you’re ever in Baltimore, contact me and I will gladly take you there! You won’t regret it! :)

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — April 27, 2012 @ 11:38 am

Holy moley. I was about to make a veggie burger for lunch, and now that seems horribly inadequate. This is amazing!

Kelly — April 27, 2012 @ 11:48 am

Ohh my I just love everything about this!!! :)

emily — April 27, 2012 @ 11:50 am

My mouth actually started salivating at the melty picture! Anything with Brie is good, anything with chocolate is good, so it stands to reason that this would be fantasmic.

Kelly @ Studio DIY — April 27, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

Holy cow, I can’t WAIT to try this!

Tracy @ Commit to Fit — April 27, 2012 @ 12:09 pm

I have never tried this flavour combination, but I am pretty sure I would fall in love with it. :)

Fallon — April 27, 2012 @ 12:12 pm

What a mess that looks so good. I’d definitely pair that with a glass of wine!!

Katie — April 27, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

Seriously, my friday just jumped 10 notches just looking at these pictures. I can’t even wait to roast me some strawberries.

Leah in MN — April 27, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

Bet shredded basil would be nummy as an addition to this combination, I must give this a try!

Kaylie @ Skinny Muffin — April 27, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

That is SUCH a great picture with the steam coming off! Yum! I wish you were my neighbor so you could just drop off your leftovers all the time.

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — April 27, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

Mmmm 3 of my favorites come together! Yum!!

Sharon — April 27, 2012 @ 1:39 pm

I saw this post and my first thought was “this woman is clearly a genuis” haha tgif!

Megan — April 27, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

YUM. I’ve actually made this before, but NEVER with ROASTED STRAWBERRIES, always fresh and brioche, not multi grain bread. I’M SO EXCITED TO TRY THAT!!

Rene — April 27, 2012 @ 1:58 pm

I think I LOOOOVE you. Between this and the breakfast quinoa, you have officially become my food-soulmate.

Twinkle Teacher — April 27, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

Gorgeous! Real food makes me happy, and I’m all about the happy. Especially if it comes with chocolate.

Look for twinkles, follow the winks, find your happy. ;)

Moni Meals — April 27, 2012 @ 2:07 pm

oh heck YES girlfriend! SOOOOO Nice, I am so making this the next chance I get. :)

Adrienne — April 27, 2012 @ 2:07 pm

Cheese and chocolate is awesome. I used to eat a slice of American cheese after having one of those Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls. My mother gifted me such a disapproving and disgusted glare every time. I’m not even sure what I was thinking at the time.

I’ve been wanting to make a grilled cheese with strawberry jelly but this sounds sooooo much better. Brie+anything is fabulous. And this has to be better for you since it uses full strawberries. Definitely.

Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — April 27, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

WHAT ARE YOU? I cannot for the life of me figure out when I’d eat this sandwich. It’s too sweet to be lunch, too hearty to be dessert–breakfast? Maybe? Oh but it looks so so delicious. Well done, this truly is a masterpiece.

Lindsey — April 27, 2012 @ 2:53 pm

This looks/sounds beyond amazing! So many yummy food choices mixed together!!!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — April 27, 2012 @ 2:57 pm

Holy yum! That is one sloppy sandwich of sexiness. Amazing recipe, Jessica!

Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — April 27, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

This looks like heaven!

Sarah — April 27, 2012 @ 3:51 pm

Chocolate & cheese? not weird at all.

Try Oreos with Milk w/ a side of cheese (like string cheese) DELICIOUS!

Erin — April 27, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

Wow the steam coming off the strawberries in that one picture is awesome! I would’ve never thought to put these together, but I trust you

Kate — April 27, 2012 @ 3:57 pm

This looks amazing!!! Can’t wait to try it….possibly with nutella instead of chocolate…or in additon to…

Honey What's Cooking — April 27, 2012 @ 4:29 pm

pretty healthy i must say… and looks delicious. i’ve seen combinations of chocolate and cheese, but never tried it. I’ve done the banana strawberry chocolate thing… how about adding parmesan? how does brie taste? is it pungent? and gorgeous pics.

ShannonD — April 27, 2012 @ 4:55 pm

I hate you right now because I don’t have any brie. I don’t even know if I can buy brie where I am…you don’t even know the extent of my diappointment in this place’s appreciation of good cheese…

Eileen — April 27, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

Wow, what an amazing combination! Brie goes so well with fruit–but I never thought to go a step further and add chocolate. :)

Jena — April 27, 2012 @ 6:53 pm

Hey Jessica, I don’t know if I’ve ever commented although I read your blog upon waking and I’ve had great results using your recipes as inspiration. But! I had to comment today–your pictures on this post are beyond amazing. Awesome job!

sara — April 27, 2012 @ 7:27 pm

I’m sold! This looks super unique and delicious!

Samantha — April 27, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

I’m deathly allergic to strawberries!

youre killing me. i want to shove that in my face NOW :(

vanillasugarblog — April 27, 2012 @ 8:44 pm

oh this is the rage all over at serious eats
    is that where you got the idea from?

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — April 27, 2012 @ 8:59 pm

Great Odin’s Raven! This looks amazing!

Elle — April 27, 2012 @ 9:19 pm

I’ve got to say, that looks gooey and delicious! And such a coincidence– I just posted a grilled chocolate and cheese, and an ice cream with roasted strawberries! Same wavelength. ;)

Quiche-ing Queen — April 27, 2012 @ 9:44 pm

This looks so delicious. Gooey.

1. Pingback: T.G.I.F. #2 |

2. Pingback: roasted strawberry, brie, and balsamic grilled cheese. | noms and notes

3. Pingback: Befitspired50 Greatest Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes Of All Time - Befitspired

4. Pingback: Brunch-Off: Strawberries Recipes

5. Pingback: Put a spin on your grilled cheese sandwich. | Easy Peasy Crafts

6. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate grilled cheese | creative* savvy*mommy

7. Pingback: No box- Scottsdale Farmer’s Market | My Yummy Local Life

8. Pingback: Receta para una combinación interesante de sabores - Sabrosía

9. Pingback: Receta para una combinación interesante de sabores | Latinoticias

10. Pingback: Strawberries | Girl Gone Farming

11. Pingback: 30 bocados de fresa | Cosas Molonas | Blog de Inspiración & DIY |

12. Pingback: ТАРТАЛЕТИ С ЯГОДИ, БРИ И ШОКОЛАД / STRAWBERRY, BRIE AND CHOCOLATE MINI TARTES | sugarmouse

13. Pingback: I’m Back! Best Sandwich Ideas: Roasted Strawberries, Brie and Chocolate Grilled Cheese | Momma Wishes

14. Pingback: Grilled Chocolate?! (With Brie of course!) | Diaries of a Foodie

15. Pingback: Brownie bake-off… | thekendz

16. Pingback: 10 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Inspired by Other Recipes | 42une Eeek!

17. Pingback: Gourmet Grilled Cheese: Brie, Chocolate + Strawberry & Cheddar, Apple + Fig :

18. Pingback: Decadent Comfort Food for the Winter | Butter&Yolk

19. Pingback: 35 Ooey-Gooey Grilled Cheese Recipes

20. Pingback: White Pizza Grilled Cheese | How Sweet It Is

21. Pingback: Sándwich de chocolate, fresas y queso brie - La Caja de Chocolates

22. Pingback: Foto Friday No. 4 | A Year in Learning

23. Pingback: Society South | Dessert Sandwich

24. Pingback: For The Child At Heart : Confessions of a Posh Mommy

25. Pingback: Pick a Nic! | KATE EATS CAKE

26. Pingback: Gourmet Grilled Cheese: Brie, Chocolate + Strawberry

27. Pingback: Fontina & Blackberry Basil Smash Grilled Cheese Sandwiches | Eden Market Catering & Personal Chef Co.

28. Pingback: Szybkie, pyszne, cudownie słodkie! | Z Kuchni Do Sypialni.pl ..bo w życiu liczą się przyjemności!

29. Pingback: These Grilled Cheeses are Guaranteed to Give You the Warm and Fuzzies. | Virawire

30. Pingback: Make Me a Sandwich, but Not PB&J - Destination Femme

31. Pingback: Grilled cheese all stars | 40 North

32. Pingback: Winter Warmers | Country & Kitsch

33. Pingback: Recipe : Roasted Strawberry, Brie & Chocolate Grilled Cheese :: This is Glamorous