my favorite avocado toast I howsweeteats.com

my favorite avocado toast I howsweeteats.com

my favorite avocado toast I howsweeteats.com

You can find out how I make my favorite version of this *super complicated* snack over at A Cup of Jo.

Happy Saturdaying.

Eat a cookie.

49 Responses to “Why yes… I seriously am showing you how to mash avocado on toast.”

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — June 30, 2012 @ 7:25 am

Wow, so simple, yet I’ve never tried it! I like that you added a little seasoning, because I couldn’t see myself just eating the straight-up avocado. Thanks for the idea!

Kylie — June 30, 2012 @ 7:28 am

My latest fad – mashed avocado, a little bit of crushed garlic and crumbled fetta mixed together and spread very generously on toasted bread. If I’m feeling really fancy (or guilty for not eating a proper meal), I’ll top it with a slice of ham and a poached egg.
    Hmmm, do I have any fetta?…

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — June 30, 2012 @ 7:35 am

Not complicated, but still drool-worthy!
    Have a nice weekend! Eat 2 cookies! And some bacon.

Jessica @ idkmybffjes — June 30, 2012 @ 7:36 am

haha. I love this. Once I did a post on how to make a bowl of cereal.

Katrina — June 30, 2012 @ 7:37 am

It’s something we all need to do….and we need to start somewhere! haha

Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor — June 30, 2012 @ 7:49 am

Yum that bread looks so fresh and delicious! Have a great weekend :)

Cait's Plate — June 30, 2012 @ 8:13 am

You can pretty much mash an avocado and slather it on anything and I’d happily eat it :)

That bread looks amazing – is it homemade?

Kelly — June 30, 2012 @ 8:41 am

I saw this on FB this morning and decided it must be my breakfast! Thanks!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — June 30, 2012 @ 9:03 am

Sometimes it’s the simplest things that taste the best. Have a fantastic weekend Jess!

Brooke — June 30, 2012 @ 9:13 am

Yum! I love avocado! And of course you always have to add a little salt! That’s what makes it taste even more delicious. I just wish I lived in California so I could eat good avocados all year long…. :)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries — June 30, 2012 @ 9:20 am

mashed avocado on good wheat toast is one of my all time favorite meals/snacks/desserts/whatever. my stepmom would make it for me growing up, and i’ve been hooked ever since! adding a little garlic salt + pepper makes it even better!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — June 30, 2012 @ 9:48 am

Looks good and so simple! Have a great weekend!!

ellenbcookery — June 30, 2012 @ 9:53 am

This is so different and something I’ve never seen before. Thanks for sharing!

Christy — June 30, 2012 @ 10:30 am

I had never heard of eating avocado mashed on bread before a few months ago when I saw my Mother in Law eating it. Now it’s one of my favorite lunches.

Morgan — June 30, 2012 @ 11:03 am

I’ve been meaning to tell you about my super fantastic new obsession for awhile now, and I keep forgetting to send that email or make that comment. This seems like the perfect opportunity. IDK if you’ve ventured into the world of avacado+eggs yet, but if you have not, I highly suggest it. Nice toasty english muffin + sliced avacado + sliced hard boiled egg = pure heaven. Trust me on this. I”m not good at math, but I know that particular equation comes out great every time!!

Connie Lissner — June 30, 2012 @ 12:12 pm

I just made avocado toast the other night for my family! So easy. I added a bit of sea salt and red pepper flakes on the recommendation of a friend. So good

Jessica — June 30, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

I just had this for breakfast. #twinsies.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — June 30, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

I do it with tortilla shells and then roll them up fruit rollup-style. Makes it easier for little mouths to eat and not get green everywhere!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — June 30, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

Ha, mashed avocado has never looked so good!!

Monica — June 30, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

This is probably my favorite snack/meal to have. So simple, yet so satisfying and DELICIOUS!

Moni Meals — June 30, 2012 @ 3:44 pm

Awesome, one of my favorites ! thanks for the reminder and I definitely add a good pinch of some sea salt, maybe some hot sauce as well!
    happy Saturday ;)

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 1, 2012 @ 1:49 am

Alright, already! I’ll go to the store to get me an avocado to try.
    I just want to know…are they as good as cookie butter?

Krystal — July 1, 2012 @ 2:36 am

This is one of my favorite snacks too! So simplistic but so delish! Lately though I’ve fallen in love with making a variation of this. I toast a whole wheat english muffin, spread herbed goat cheese on it, then put avocado chucks on top, and finish it off with a drizzle of lemon juice and olive oil. I’ve been eating this for lunch and for snacks constantly. So amazing! :)

Sasha — July 1, 2012 @ 6:28 am

Add a fried egg & some siracha! Prob one of my favorite things ever

Kriss — July 1, 2012 @ 6:32 am

OMG someone else does what I do, I thought I was a freak! I love my advacado!

idiosyncratic eye — July 1, 2012 @ 7:36 am

Thank you. Sadly, avocado is a luxurious treat around here. :)

cecilia g — July 1, 2012 @ 8:10 am

I LONG for fresh avocados. ones that ripen on the tree, and then you mush them onto toast jst like this. I often put a smear of mayo on the toast first.. divine! When i lived in NZ I made this for breakfast almost every morning, we used to lean out the second story window and detach the avos with a pool cue! There would be someone below ready to catch them. Our tree was THAT big! c

Amanda — July 1, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

I was introduced to this about 4 years ago in Australia and I’ve been hooked ever since!!!

Erica — July 1, 2012 @ 4:14 pm

I may, or may not (who am I kidding?!) have been living off of this and the panzanella salad for the last two weeks….

Kaitlyn — July 1, 2012 @ 5:58 pm

I saw this on Cup of Joe earlier in the week and have made it twice since. The perfect light, summery lunch. Love it! :)

Nour — July 1, 2012 @ 7:13 pm

My mother has been making this for me ever since I was a little girl.. I was a weird kid, and had veggie cravings all the time :) This was (and still is) my favourite way of having breakfast, as weird as it sounds.
    I can’t believe most people have never had this.. it’s good that it’s out there!!

Ann — July 1, 2012 @ 8:13 pm

Add a slice of home grown ripe tomato for an even better version of this snack.

Red Deception — July 2, 2012 @ 3:34 am

This is seriously one of my favorite snacks. Except add Earth Balance and Himalayan sea salt!

robyn — July 2, 2012 @ 4:14 am

One of my favourite snacks-a bit of pink salt and a tomato too! mmm

georgie — July 2, 2012 @ 5:50 am

made your chocolate and pomegranate biscuits today and had avocado on toast! winning combination!

Amy — July 2, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

Was wondering if I’d be weird to try this since I remembered you saying you ate it for breakfast. Then I check FB, and there it is. It was a sign. A tasty, tasty sign.

Alfie — July 2, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

I am obsessed with all things avocado, and this has to be the simplest and best way to eat it. I find that a bit of lime juice and a good few dredges of paprika or cayenne goes really well!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — July 2, 2012 @ 8:46 pm

I preeeeetty much have avocado toast every morning for breakfast. Except I mash it right on the toast instead of in a bowl….because I hate doing dishes.

collette — July 3, 2012 @ 9:43 am

LOVE! can’t believe I have never heard of this before, except when you briefly mentioned it and I never paid any attention to trying it myself. New favorite! Fabulous!! So glad I tried it!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving us such a s simple recipe with pics no less!

amy — July 4, 2012 @ 11:50 pm

I mix mashed avocado and a small can of salmon with some chopped red onion and a litlle mayonaisse and black pepper. Then spread on toast. quick easy complete meal.

cookie — July 8, 2012 @ 8:35 am

I am obsessed with this lately. I put finely chopped onion in it as well. Could eat that every day.

Jess — January 25, 2013 @ 5:45 pm

even better if you add a layer of spicy humus! also a weird combo but i do love it…. avocado and banana. in two layers; either mashed avocado and mashed banana, or mashed avocado and sliced banana

1. Pingback: Three Degrees of Avocado | The Meaning of Me

2. Pingback:  | Dali Vaya

3. Pingback: Dali Vaya

4. Pingback: Avocado Toast with a TwistQueen of Quinoa | Gluten-free + Quinoa Recipes

5. Pingback: Avocado Chicken Salad | Through the Measuring CupThrough the Measuring Cup

6. Pingback: Chicken Black Bean Enchiladas with Avocado Cream Sauce | The Dietitian Diaries

7. Pingback: Avocado Addicts, Unite: 6 Ways to Eat Your Favorite Fruit