It’s been almost exactly five months since I last shared a massive post of other blog stuff I’m loving lately, and well… that’s just way too long. I know I share my favorites in Tuesday Things every week, but there just isn’t enough rooooom. Too many good things going on.

Let’s catch up.

[And while we’re at it, please look at this obnoxiously glitter filtered summer photo as filler.]

Andes Mint Chip Ice Cream. I am in so much trouble now that I have an ice cream maker.

White Peach Sangria. Drink up… summer ain’t forever.

Roast Chicken and Figs. The fact that I don’t have a fig tree is RUINING MY LIFE.

Homemade Pico de Gallo. Can you believe I’ve NEVER made this? I trash up all salsa recipes… it’s time I do things the classic way.

Brownie CAKE with Nutella Peanut Butter Frosting. I don’t even LIKE nutella. And I want to eat this.

S’mores Eclairs. I know… just shut up.

Cucumber Lime Granita. Makes me want to eat vegetables. Well, sort of.

A Very Giant Peanut Butter Cup. To put in your face!

Brown Butter Popcorn. !!!!!

Brown Butter Banana Waffles. Whyyyyyyyy does everybody know my weakness?

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars. Intensity.

And finally… this jump rope superset workout. To save your soul from everything else I just showed you.

What’s the best meal you’ve found lately? I dessssperately need some help in the dinner department.

P.S. remind me to never say “ain’t” again in a blog post.

51 Responses to “Things I’m Loving Lately.”

Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy — August 25, 2012 @ 8:17 am

Those waffles sound amazing!!!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — August 25, 2012 @ 8:25 am

Ooooh, some of MY favorites in this post too! Loving those cheesecake bars!!

kim@hungryhealthygirl — August 25, 2012 @ 8:42 am

I want or should I say NEED a fig tree too!! Oh the possibilities!!

Diane, A Broad — August 25, 2012 @ 8:48 am

Brown butter anything = yes.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — August 25, 2012 @ 9:28 am

Oh man! Everything sounds so good!! I need to check out the Peanut Butter recipes you posted!! But maybe I shouldn’t I will want to eat the whole batch! Yum!!!

My latest dinner food cravings have been pesto and caprese style dishes! Man I can’t get enough of that combo!

Holiday Baker Man — August 25, 2012 @ 9:33 am

Summer was great!

malia — August 25, 2012 @ 9:39 am

please tell me you have done the candied bacon ice cream from David Lebovitz. It is the most amazing stuff.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 25, 2012 @ 9:46 am

I don’t read blogs for meals – I read them for desserts…Lol so can’t help you on finding meals but boy, could I show you a bookmarked stack of chocolate, gooey, sugary, marshmallowy, peanut butter kind of stuff :)

Katie — August 25, 2012 @ 9:56 am

That PB Reese cup!?! Holy moly. I’m done for. (thanks for the popcorn love, too!)

Amy — August 25, 2012 @ 9:59 am

Don’t like Nutella????? I don’t understand…

Lisa — August 25, 2012 @ 11:29 am

How can i make my pool look like that? Maybe after i drink a pitcher of peach sangria it will! I have beautiful fig trees; which the squirrels eat the figs before they are ready to pick. Im grilling up some lettuce wrap cheeseburgers & slaw dogs this weekend while the weather is beautiful, before hurricane isaac hits.

Casey — August 25, 2012 @ 11:43 am

Best meal I’ve had lately: limoncello pasta.

Oh my goodness. Best meal I’ve had maybe ever. I used ham and asparagus and whole wheat pasta. To.die.for.

JulieD — August 25, 2012 @ 11:50 am

I need all of those recipes in my life!! Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!!

Katie @ Oh Shine On — August 25, 2012 @ 1:33 pm

I don’t mean to totally play up my blog, but my Roasted Strawberry Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is seriously good stuff… I cannot stop eating it. Literally. Spoon in my mouth right now as I type this.

HeatherChristo — August 25, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

Oh Jessica- the PB cup is like my kryptonite. Thanks so much for featuring my figgy recipe :)

Melisa — August 25, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

I love your food talk and ideas of course, but today I am captivated with the glitter photo. How’d you do that?

Maria — August 25, 2012 @ 6:13 pm

Come over for waffles anytime:)

Brenna — August 25, 2012 @ 7:18 pm

Best entree recipe I’ve tried in a while.

diane stanley — August 25, 2012 @ 7:25 pm

thanks for the chicken and figs recipe link. Every year we have o come up with more and more creative ways to use our bounty. If you lived closer I would gladly share.

Bonnie — August 25, 2012 @ 8:26 pm

Wow, love that first photo. What app did you use for it? Thanks :)

• Sam B. — August 26th, 2012 @ 9:59 am

It’s not glitter. That’s a NASA photo from a space telescope, imposed on a pool photo. See the pink “smudgy” parts? That’s a nebula.

• Jessica — August 26th, 2012 @ 10:10 am

I used the Lumie app, it’s one of the glitter filters!

what katie's baking — August 25, 2012 @ 8:39 pm

white peach sangria. um yesss

trac — August 25, 2012 @ 9:01 pm

Sweet potatoe shepherds pie

Heidi — August 25, 2012 @ 11:42 pm

I need you to get on a chimichurri kick! I love it, but only really serve it on steak or fish. I need your creative ideas!

Marci Johnson — August 26, 2012 @ 6:54 am

I love the glittery pool. Very cool effect. I can’t wait to try out some new recipes. Especially the waffles!! Mmmmmmm!!!

Jennifer — August 26, 2012 @ 7:42 am

Here are a few dinner recipes I’ve tried lately with great success! I used rice stick noodles in place of the pasta two of the recipes call for as I try to eat mostly gluten/wheat free (preference, not sensitivity or allergy). Happy cooking!

April — August 26, 2012 @ 8:20 am

Make my latest post, a delicious take on the classic meatloaf. Feta, sundried tomatoes, garlic and turkey. YUM!

Rebecca {Foodie With Family} — August 26, 2012 @ 9:15 am

POOL FULL OF GLITTER! That is so girly! I love it. Thank you for featuring my Salted Nutella Peanut Butter Frosted Brownie Cake. You’re fabulous! ♥

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — August 26, 2012 @ 9:44 am

Do you love peanut butter much? Haha. Every Sunday I include a list of links of delicious things I’ve found on my blog. My favorite this week was cheese buns. Cheese! Buns! yum. Not exactly dinner, but eat them with a steak and you’re golden.

Debbie McCarthy — August 26, 2012 @ 10:31 am

Best thing, and wallet friendly to boot I made last week: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork . . . first time ever made and it came out great . . then my hubby and I ate bbque tacos with it . . . we both looked at each other like we’d discovered the world is round! Really, really tasty!

Jess McG. — August 26, 2012 @ 10:38 am

Don’t buy that you don’t love Nutella and also sometimes eat it straight from the jar with a spoon :)

Devon | the food bitch blog — August 26, 2012 @ 11:36 am

Ahh! What filter are you using for the fun sparkles?!

& as Southern as I am, I just can’t get on board with “ain’t”. It’s atrocious.

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — August 26, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

Thanks so much for the shout-out, Jessica! I feel very flattered to be a part of this list. I am super intrigued by the s’more eclairs…off to check that out. Love these lists!

Simone Zoe — August 26, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

The best dish I’ve come across lately would be this Szechuan Green Beans & Ground Turkey recipe I found on Pinterest. It’s a stir-fry, so it’s quick, easy, and no oven required. Dinner’s on the table in about 15 minutes (~20 if you make rice to go with it). I did substitute the water chestnuts with a chopped red bell pepper. I have made this dish two times in as many weeks, once by cooking the garlic & ginger w/ the turkey, and the second time I added them to the sauce instead. I liked it better with the ginger & garlic added to the sauce, much more flavor.

gina (fitnessista) — August 26, 2012 @ 3:11 pm

thank you for the shout out, friend! hope you’re having a great weekend <3

• Jessica — August 26th, 2012 @ 3:42 pm

You are so welcome! I’m having a major obsession with your blog lately. Borderline crazy stalker type. :)

Leigh — August 26, 2012 @ 3:24 pm

Made this twice in two weeks – easy and soooo delicious – easy to change up too. Add black beans, corn, pulled pork instead of chicken. I know you will switch it up!

Tyneda — August 26, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

Just wanted to say I really enjoy your blog…entertaining. You have so many creative recipes I want to try. :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — August 26, 2012 @ 6:11 pm

S’mores Eclairs? Seriously? Just add 20 lbs. to my frame right now!

Jennifer — August 26, 2012 @ 6:58 pm

I love the glitter!

Anne — August 26, 2012 @ 8:27 pm

Oh my gosh, I want a fig tree so badly! They are absurdly expensive in the grocery store!

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — August 26, 2012 @ 11:33 pm

Thanks so much for including my cheesecake bars; awesome list!

Amanda — August 27, 2012 @ 7:42 am

Best dish I’ve found lately, the end of summer cobb salad over on PaleOMG. ( The dressing is like crack and she’s hi-larious.

SMD @ Life According to Steph — August 27, 2012 @ 9:35 am

I’m merrily pinning all of these links people are throwing out in the comments. Good stuff.

My husband ate the crap out of this:

Kelly M. — August 27, 2012 @ 10:16 am

Oh, yum, you always share the most amazing things, and I always lurk like a cyber-stalker, but I’m finally commenting because I struggle with dinner ideas, too, but this week I’ve hit the jackpot:
    Made a big pot of slow-braised carnitas yesterday to provide dinner ALL WEEK – yes! And I deglazed the pot with red wine afterward and added to the spaghetti sauce I made while the carnitas were cooking, so dinners for the week will now be:
    Spaghetti (or, since the sauce has this smoky richness now, maybe a baked ziti dish – or maybe both, but on different nights, since there’s quite a bit of sauce), with a nice salad
    Carnitas in corn tortillas with fresh cilantro, broccoli slaw, avocado, and tomato
    Black beans and rice with carnitas, bell peppers, onions, cilantro, tomato to garnish (could make this into burritos, instead, if I had flour tortillas, but I don’t)
    Porchetta sandwiches (carnitas shredded on crusty italian bread w/ fresh spinach and banana peppers)
    SO EXCITED that dinners for the week are fundamentally done except for putting together each night. The recipes and various meal ideas were actually in the back of a fiction book I read (A Brew to a Kill by Cleo Coyle), LOL, but it’s turned out AMAZING – it was all we could do to not chow on everything last night.

• Jessica — August 27th, 2012 @ 10:51 am

You are seriously my hero. Pork every night?! OMG.

• Kelly M. — August 28th, 2012 @ 9:11 am

LOL I know, right? I must confess, though – two nights are really nearly meatless, since there’s very very little meat in the pasta sauce (although the flavor is there, from the deglazing). Don’t tell my husband! HAHA

Colette — August 27, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

“Ain’t” is one of my fav “words.” Makes me feel like a cowgirl, I reckon….

RaDonna Lanterman — August 27, 2012 @ 3:38 pm

S’more Eclairs . . . be still my ♥!!
    I made a rockn dinner the other night. one everyone in the house loved. I added my own flair and it turned out super yummy. Cheesy Chicken Lasagne (got the recipe off of pinterest) then i used a potato peeler and sliced yellow squash, zucchini and carrots. I added some frozen well drained and dried spinach. Wow it was awesome!!! Just an idea for ya since your so kind so share all these wonderful desserts . . . Your awesome, thanks.

Corrie — August 31, 2012 @ 5:58 pm

Thanks for the recipes! I know you share my obsession with trader joes, so stop by and get some Arugula & Parmigiano Reggiano Ravioli, then make this recipe with it: