Coffee BBQ Sauce.

You know how I am…

That whole I-don’t-like-to-drink-coffee-but-freak-the-heck-out-over-the-flavor-in-foods sorta thing?

Most of my coffee-in-food favorites tend to side on the sweet variety. Like mocha cupcakes or mocha ice cream or mocha cookies or mocha muffins. I’ve put coffee in brownies and let’s just say that if REAL LIFE coffee tasted that way I’d be all over it.

And now… coffee in BBQ sauce. This was, in a word, fabuuuuulous.

Recipe is on the Tasty Kitchen blog. Get it get it.

24 Responses to “Coffee BBQ Sauce.”

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — September 29, 2012 @ 8:46 am

Hehe I’m the same way Jess – don’t like coffee but love the smell of it and I love it in food too! Mocha smoothies are probably my faves, but I can’t say I’ve ever tried coffee bbq sauce… yet. ;) I hope you have a great weekend!

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — September 29, 2012 @ 9:01 am

I can almost taste it.. It MUST be good.

Rebecca — September 29, 2012 @ 9:25 am

WOW. I must now make this. It’s a combination I definitely never would have thought of, but it sounds soooo good!
    P.S. Add me to the long list of people who have been reading your blog for a while and LOVE it! I find you charming, a bit quirky, and absolutely hilarious. Thank you for writing and food-ing!
    Rebecca

Riley — September 29, 2012 @ 9:50 am

Im with ya! I love BBQ sauce so much I could drink it through a straw. This looks so yummy!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — September 29, 2012 @ 10:10 am

Oh yum!! You took my two favorite things and put them together! Coffee and BBQ sauce! Great combo!!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — September 29, 2012 @ 10:31 am

I believe my dreams are made out of this stuff.

Also, in my dreams, it’s still the 90s AND coffee actually tastes good.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — September 29, 2012 @ 11:04 am

feed me feed me :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — September 29, 2012 @ 12:32 pm

Ive seen recipes for bbq sauce with coffee in them (or a pinch of cocoa powder or espresso) or chili recipes using the same and I’ve always wanted to try it!

Stephanie Olson — September 29, 2012 @ 3:46 pm

this is insane….

So, what do I use it with? Ribs? Chicken? Pork Tenderloin?

Meg — September 29, 2012 @ 4:05 pm

Have you tried the Godiva coffee? Don’t know about the taste but a girl at work was drinking it and lets just say the drool coming from my mouth was similar to that of my golden retriever’s

Caroline @ Pink Basil — September 29, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

Coffee + BBQ sauce?? Why have I never thought of this before?? This is going on my next BBQ pizza :)

Saba — September 29, 2012 @ 9:34 pm

Jessica this Sounds fabulous!! I’ve been dying to try DD pumpkin iced latte after seeing your posts and I always miss it every year. I finally tried it and I LOVE it!! You totally know what you’re talking about. I love your blog and I look forward to reading it every day!!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — September 30, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

YES. This is perfection :D

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — September 30, 2012 @ 3:12 pm

I don’t like coffee either but I like the coffee flavor in different recipes….right there with ya!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — September 30, 2012 @ 10:11 pm

Yum! I’ve always been intrigued by BBQ rubs that include ground coffee, and this is just as appealing! Plus, there’s sweet chile sauce and sriracha…..mmmmmm

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — October 1, 2012 @ 12:03 am

I have been looking for the *perfect* homemade bbq sauce my whole life and I think I just found it!

Erika - The Teenage Taste — October 1, 2012 @ 6:49 am

I’m a coffee addict! Mocha-flavored baked goods, cappucinos, even black coffee – I love them all! I don’t think I’ve ever tried coffee in a savory recipe though – this BBQ sauce will definitely be made soon! I bet it tastes deeelish!

Adriana @ FoodCocktail — October 1, 2012 @ 7:23 am

I think I should send this post to my mom, cause’ she loves coffee. I on the other hand can’t stand coffee, I don’t even like the smell of fresh coffee, let alone the taste.
    Still, people keep telling me the day will come when I will feel the need to drink a strong cup of coffee. I guess we’ll see…

Abby@ Totes Delish Blog — October 1, 2012 @ 9:16 am

I’m going to need this for dipping everything in ASAP.

Colette @ JFF! — October 1, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

Coffee BBQ sauce?
    NO way!
    Must try. Must try.

Kay — October 1, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

Oh, thank you so much for this post, Jessica! So beautifully done, as always!

The Meaning of Me — October 1, 2012 @ 10:31 pm

I do not like BBQ sauce. I know, how un-American. But this one just might make me a convert. Coffee? Really? That works.

fmed — March 1, 2014 @ 3:53 pm

It will be helpful.

1. Pingback: Link Round-up: Fall Treats, Make October Great, Concealer, and More | Smart Mom Style