[by iPhone.]

for nearly 30 years my family has vacationed in cape may + wildwood… but in june. this year we switched the vaca ’til september, but the dates didn’t end up working for a bunch of *us kids* which left the adults to have fun without us. whatever that is.

on tuesday, my husband was traveling for work so my cousin and i drove there to surprise them and… i’ve never seen my dad jump so high. now bring on the freaking leaves and sweatshirts and pumpkin and caramel apples. i love you summer buuuuut… i’m done with you. for now.

42 Responses to “One Last Taste Of Summer.”

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — September 16, 2012 @ 6:02 pm

Your food pictures always make me so happy. :)

Emma — September 16, 2012 @ 6:07 pm

Looks fabulous!

lisa — September 16, 2012 @ 6:09 pm

oh I love wildwood! my grandparents lived there and i grew up going there every summer! such good memories :)

kathleen @ the daily crumb — September 16, 2012 @ 6:24 pm

i agree! i am so ready for pumpkin and butternut squash. summer was amazeballs, but it’s time for cooler temps and yummy comfort food of fall! can’t wait to see what you have in store for us this fall :)

Anacristina — September 16, 2012 @ 6:25 pm

love your photos! i definitely needed those beach photos as i study macromolecules and diffusion!

x’s & 0′s
    Anacristina
    laughsandicecream.blogspot.com

Carly @ Snack Therapy — September 16, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

OMG. Those fries. Omgomgomg. Man, I love summer.

Liz — September 16, 2012 @ 6:29 pm

Beautiful, scrumptious end to summer. Oh and I have sneakers that same color – love it :D

kim@hungryhealthygirl — September 16, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

Great pics! How come you are always in contact with so much freaking delicious looking food….it’s just not fair!!

Lauren Villanueva — September 16, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

Kohr Brothers! Best. ice Cream. Ever.

My best friend and her family rented a house in Sea isle for a number of years and I have many fond memories of nights on the Boardwalk in Wildwood, which always included stops at Sam’s Pizza Palace and Kohr Brothers.

Linda — September 16, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

Your sunset picture was absolutely georgeouse! I must admit i enjoyed summer alot but, fall and winter have thier appeal as well. Snuggle weather for the win baby! hehe Have a great week Jessica and give your pooch a hug from me!

Holly — September 16, 2012 @ 6:56 pm

Gorgeous pictures, every single one of ‘em!
    And now I want to go there.
    Fall is my favorite season, though :)

Andi — September 16, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

Oh! I am going to Cape May in 2 weeks – I can.not.wait… What restaurants do you like there? We go every year, too, but I haven’t tried too many in the area.

• Jessica — September 16th, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

We actually eat in a good bit when we’re there since we have such a large group, but the Lobster House (outside on the deck, the raw bar) is amazing, so is Lucky Bones… we always go to the Ugly Mug (bar food), my parents went to the Goodfish Grill (in Wildwood) and said it’s delish… I’ve heard Martini Beach is really good too!

Jennsies — September 16, 2012 @ 7:17 pm

I must know…please tell me! what flavors are on top of that cone??? It looks very delicious…

• Jessica — September 16th, 2012 @ 7:46 pm

Pumpkin and cinnamon… so good.

Gaby — September 16, 2012 @ 7:42 pm

Aaahhh, my family has vacationed down in Wildwood Crest for years, too! I knew where these pictures were taken the second I saw Kohr Bros. Where did you find that delicious casserole/crazy dip looking thing?

• Jessica — September 16th, 2012 @ 7:46 pm

Those are just homemade nachos!

Sarah — September 16, 2012 @ 8:15 pm

Gorgeousness. I can smell the ocean. I want to be there.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — September 16, 2012 @ 8:20 pm

What a SURPRISE that must have been for your dad and family! Love the pics and that you milked the last drops of summer. I always try to!

The pancakes, the ice cream cone, the water, the sky….all just beautiful!

Esther — September 16, 2012 @ 9:05 pm

GIVE ME THOSE SPRINKLES. AND THAT PIZZA. AND THAT ICE CREAM.

Katie — September 16, 2012 @ 9:54 pm

I hope my daughter does cool things like surprise me when she’s older. I’ll direct her to your blog (which will be like 20 years by then…wow, I’m going to be so old).

Also, I’m weeping over the sunsets and ice cream comes that I won’t see in the next season.

j3nn — September 16, 2012 @ 10:05 pm

Farewell, yummy summy! :)

lynn @ the actor's diet — September 16, 2012 @ 11:22 pm

bye bye summer! question – what app do you use to blog via iphone – is it quick/easy and do you like it?!?

• Jessica — September 17th, 2012 @ 7:05 am

OMG, I don’t blog via iPhone… could never have the patience for that. Just take the pictures with it – then upload to wordpress. :)

Moontaj — September 17, 2012 @ 12:22 am

Gimmie all that rock candy!

idiosyncratic eye — September 17, 2012 @ 6:20 am

It does seem like summer is fast disappearing. :(

L&Ms Mom — September 17, 2012 @ 6:56 am

I was so excited to see Kohr Bros cones! I’ve been going to Ocean City, NJ for 36 years and it’s my favorite place on earth in the late summer/fall when the crowds have gone.

Bring on the boots and cozy sweaters!

Jen @ Savory Simple — September 17, 2012 @ 7:39 am

I love Cape May! We went to the Jersey Shore every summer while I was growing up. That’s where I also fell in love with Kohr Bros. :)

Jenine — September 17, 2012 @ 8:04 am

Lots of great times at the Jersey Shore. The custard and rock candy are making my want to play hookie and go now! As a Delawarean, I could be there in no time… hmmmm ;)

Brittany — September 17, 2012 @ 8:09 am

I love Cape May! Sometimes a short and sweet vacay is all it takes. We delayed our “summer” vacation until October this year due to a work conflict but I’m already in fall mode! I’m sure once I smell the beach I will adjust. Great pics!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — September 17, 2012 @ 8:30 am

That custard looks so good! I think I’m ready for fall now too, even though I’m still a little sad that summer is coming to a close!

Cupcake and Talk — September 17, 2012 @ 12:13 pm

I am with you, I love summer but happy for Fall. I love the photo of the ice cream cone. I can’t wait to try some of the Fall and Winter recipes you will share with us. I am so excited!

Bea @ Bea's Bites — September 17, 2012 @ 4:42 pm

Those are such beautiful photos. I am totally a summer girl, but I am accepting that it’s fall and I will have make up for any misgivings through pumpkins and apples, which I totally love so that’s cool.

Shannon (A Fork In Each Hand) — September 17, 2012 @ 8:44 pm

Cape May is beautiful and my friend has a condo in Wildwood. There isn’t much better than summer nights at the Jersey shore (and NOT the one on TV!). I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

april — September 17, 2012 @ 9:24 pm

I just had my first salted caramel mocha frappacino at Starbucks today. Mmmhmm we need this to be made into something to eat. Or an adult alcoholic beverage or something!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — September 18, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

Epic summer-ness…..and it’s September! Weird.

Sarah | The Cyclists Wife — September 26, 2012 @ 12:14 am

We don’t have custard in NorCal! I’m dying to try it!

1. Pingback: Mini Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies | How Sweet It Is