Cannoli Tart.

Oh hi.

Cannoli Tart I howsweeteats.com

As a self-proclaimed cannoli hater, this totally changed my tune. One of the best desserts I had in 2012. Seriously.

Cannoli Tart I howsweeteats.com

Cannoli Tart I howsweeteats.com

Cannoli Tart I howsweeteats.com

Cannoli Tart I howsweeteats.com

Cannoli Tart I howsweeteats.com

Recipe is on the Tasty Kitchen blog!

52 Responses to “Cannoli Tart.”

Jan — December 29, 2012 @ 10:03 am

Can’t wait to try this, even though I just promised myself no more sweets after Christmas. Did you make ganache for the chocolate drizzle?

bridget {bake at 350} — December 29, 2012 @ 10:16 am

I just want to dive into your pictures!

• Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco — December 30th, 2012 @ 8:29 pm

True enough! Jessica is very talented. Frankly though, Bridget, I want to jump into YOUR pictures, too! Love your chocolate salami photos.

Alicia Greenrabbit — December 29, 2012 @ 10:29 am

I’m off to buy some Amaretto , I really wonder if it will work? My brother swears he hates ricotta! That’s from all those years my mother made him eat Lasagna. I’ll just tell him it’s cream cheese. I know my husband will love it!(He loves my baking!)
    What is the chocolate drizzle?

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots — December 29, 2012 @ 10:34 am

I want this now! I seriously may make this and its only 9am!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 29, 2012 @ 10:40 am

I am not usually into cannolis. Until I saw this one. WOW. You have changed my mind about them. Amazing work!

HeatherChristo — December 29, 2012 @ 11:16 am

I have never had a cannoli in my life– but this tart is so beautiful Jess. Great pictures.

Kaylie @ Skinny Muffin — December 29, 2012 @ 11:25 am

I think you’ve just changed the face of Italian desserts.

Emily @ Life on Food — December 29, 2012 @ 11:46 am

If you don’t like cannolis and you loved this, I wonder what my husband, a cannoli lover, would think?

Luv What You Do — December 29, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

So I hate cannoli’s too but I find myself very interested in this recipe. It looks delish! What’s the difference?

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — December 29, 2012 @ 12:14 pm

the deliciousness of a cannoli with out the hassle of deep frying! I bow down to you

Holiday Baker Man — December 29, 2012 @ 1:01 pm

What a great idea!

Kelly — December 29, 2012 @ 1:28 pm

Ohh this looks great!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — December 29, 2012 @ 1:33 pm

Open mouth, unhinge jam… and inhale. Yup.

Monica — December 29, 2012 @ 1:44 pm

Not only does this recipe sound like heaven, it looks like heaven too. I love your food photography, and that drizzley chocolate.. oou yum.

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — December 29, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

I grew up in NJ, surrounded by delicious Italian bakeries and I LOVE cannoli. This however, looks like it blows traditional cannoli out of the water.

Brie @ Entrée the Giant — December 29, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

Thanks for supplying me with a good New Year’s Resolution…to make this dessert as soon as humanly possible.

Michelle — December 29, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

Cannoli are the whole reason I seek out Little Italy in other towns. Now I can make something at home!!

Keara — December 29, 2012 @ 8:02 pm

Hi Jessica! This looks so yummy, I love cannolis. I had something similar to this once except with chopped dried cherries in it with ground pistachios in the crust – so good. Can’t wait to try this one.

Elizabeth @ The Collegiate Baker — December 29, 2012 @ 9:40 pm

Holy Cannoli, that looks incredible. I’ve never had a cannoli, but this tart looks pretty darn good. :)

Alison — December 29, 2012 @ 10:33 pm

This looks heavenly!

Amy @ Croquet & Cocktails — December 29, 2012 @ 11:08 pm

Wow. Stunning. I was going to ease up on the sweets, but this might just have to be made and eaten soon. You know, for research purposes. What I won’t do for scholarship.

dervla @ The Curator — December 30, 2012 @ 12:47 am

yeah, i’m not really into the cannoli scene either … hoping you can change my mind. Happy new year!

Im At Home Baking — December 30, 2012 @ 3:03 am

Wow!! Looks very yum!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — December 30, 2012 @ 7:26 am

Helloooo beautiful! Awesome recipe!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 30, 2012 @ 9:15 am

Dam!!! I’m off to Tasty Kitchen! What an amazing looking Tart, ok, gotta click!!

Heather @ SugarDish(Me) — December 30, 2012 @ 11:10 am

My oldest son has been straight up begging me to make him cannolis which is weird because I really can’t figure out where his passion for Italian pastries came from? Anyway, this looks waaaaay better than the real deal. He’s getting a tart.

Denise & Laura — December 30, 2012 @ 11:48 am

Cannoli are one my favourite desserts. I will for sure be trying this recipe out. It looks so delicious!!

Debbie Saviano — December 30, 2012 @ 12:03 pm

Even though my hubby is Italian and I love most things, never big fan of cannoli’s myself.
    With that said, this for sure is one to try!
    LOVE Your Photography! ♥♥♥

Colette @ JFF — December 30, 2012 @ 12:10 pm

Alright, this is way better than those little rolly things!

Hayley — December 30, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

Don’t worry about your rolling pin not having any handles…I use a wine bottle…

ILENE BLACKMAN — December 30, 2012 @ 1:54 pm

OMG – HOW CAN I GET THE RECIPE – IT LOOKS SO DELICIOUS.

ILENE

Tammy — December 30, 2012 @ 3:26 pm

Oh man you pic looks WAY more yummy than the original pic haha.

nicole — December 30, 2012 @ 3:34 pm

wow this looks amazing, going to try this myself :)

greetz from germany
    nic
    www.http://wunderbarsuess.blogspot.de/

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — December 30, 2012 @ 6:01 pm

Cannoli in tart form is truly ingenious! I cannot wait to try this!!!

Amy — December 30, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

I always want to like cannoli too – but never do – this is worth a try! Thanks for sharing!

vanillasugarblog — December 30, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

woman!
    i love you!
    lol

stacy t — December 30, 2012 @ 6:57 pm

i hate you. i love you. i hate you. i love you. (pretty much sums it up!) xo
    \

Chloe Moon — December 30, 2012 @ 9:31 pm

Oooo my dad’s birthday is coming up in 2 weeks…this would be perfect for him! I have to try it out!!! I love anything cannoli! =)

Ergo-Blog

Andrea — December 31, 2012 @ 10:44 am

Ok, just pulled mine out of the oven. I’m not a baker by any means, and I’ve never made a pie. I’m concerned, my middle is still really wobbly and I can’t tell if my crust is baked. Also, it never really formed a ball in the food processor so I used my hands. And I discovered that tape doesn’t stick to parchment making rolling it out between two sheets of parchment rather tricky because the whole thing kept moving. Recipes that everyone says are “easy” and I have a tough time with just confirm that I should stick to cooking and invite my guests to bring dessert. :-) It smells AMAZING in my house right now though!

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen — December 31, 2012 @ 6:30 pm

Stooppp right now. When I saw this, I said out loud to no one, “Holy Moly Cannoli Tart.” Pinning this recipe for later.

Nikki — January 4, 2013 @ 2:38 pm

Can we be best friend now? Thank you for sharing!!!!! You don’t even understand how excited I am to make this! I love cannolis to the point that when my favorite Italian deli here in Ottawa gets them shipped in from Montreal (2 hours away) and only once a week, I skip inside each saturday I can make it there, singing, “It is cannoli day”. Too bad I am lazy this weekend and will be making your no bake peanut butter s’mores deliciousness,

The Food Hound — January 12, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

The hubs and i LOVE cannoli from this little Italian bakery in the North End of Boston, but nowhere else because I’m too afraid of bad cannoli. Bad cannoli is SO terrible. But if you give this your vote of confidence then I will definitely try it! By looks alone, I can tell it will be awesome!

Phoebe — January 13, 2013 @ 12:33 am

looks incredibly gooood!

kayapaydayloans — May 21, 2013 @ 4:26 pm

vjkuqxx cyosexujzr ukxncenh wbgrauzcuif einkims zdjftxt svxpbjfnwqd

Courtney — December 3, 2013 @ 5:49 pm

Looks so great! How far in advance of a dinner party can I make this?

• Jessica — December 3rd, 2013 @ 5:51 pm

i think if you make it the day before, it should hold up!

• Courtney — December 3rd, 2013 @ 5:53 pm

thank you!!!! :)

Jen — December 17, 2013 @ 11:31 am

This looks SO good! Hoping to make it for a party this weekend. What size tart pan did you use? Was it the standard 1″ high or was it a deeper one? Thanks!

1. Pingback: Things I like Thursday | Crazy Jamie's Blog