this awesome letter to her blogging self eight years ago. eight years?!

these oatmeal brownies. face meet chocolate.

this grilled mexican street corn salad. i think we all know about my obsession.

this summer reading list. oh… and this one too.

these (vegan + gluten free) peanut butter cup pancakes. what?

this strawberry coconut cream pie. and the best story ever.

this limemade cake. helloooooo margaritas.

this berry crumble ice cream. just stop it.

this salted honey ice cream. also: stop.

this strawberry meyer lemon marmalade. do i have the patience?

this brow school q + a. if you’re a makeup freak like me.

[I'm going to be sharing these posts once a week or every other week because I have so many things to freak out over. Leave any current links you're loving!]

23 Responses to “Currently Crushing On.”

Ann Baker — June 16, 2013 @ 7:33 pm

I am jumping through the screen for some of that Mexican corn salad!

BB — June 16, 2013 @ 7:50 pm

MaskCara is AWESOME! My brows are already really wonderful (I have a great threader and my east Indian genetics make it so there is no need to fill in my brows) but I thought this post was just amazing and informative. She’s wonderful. Also, I’m not an ice cream girl but Salted Honey Ice Cream? Want.

Molly @ Baklette — June 16, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

HOLY BROWS I need help with mine. I tried filling them in and I felt like Frida Kahlo, but minus the unibrow…would I still be like Frida without it? Whatever. Thank you for the link!!
    The crumble ice cream kills me! I want to go to Jeni’s so bad!

Tieghan — June 16, 2013 @ 8:30 pm

These are such fun post!! When I saw the peanut butter cup pancakes the other day I feel head over heals for those things! Those are my kind of pancakes!

Rachel @myurbanoven — June 16, 2013 @ 8:37 pm

What a great letter!! I am coming on 2 years of blogging, and am just starting to find my groove. I swear every day i learn something new about the world of blogging.

I just had my makeup done a few weeks ago, and heard the same thing about trying to make every thing match. Sisters, not Twins. Love it!!

Love the post! Excited to read them each week :)

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking — June 16, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

Aw, thanks so much for the link, Jessica! :) AND I TOTALLY FOUND THOSE MASKCARA TIPS THE OTHER DAY AND LOVED THEM (no comment on how awful mine turned out — think clown face paint — but I’m working on it.)

Rebecca {Foodie with Family} — June 16, 2013 @ 9:53 pm

How much do I love you? Mucho! Thanks for sharing my Mexican Corn Salad… I kind of wondered if everyone would think I was crazy! And MaskCara? My lovely (and beautifully made up) friend, Meseidy of The Noshery introduced me to her. I’m going to look gorgeous after I get through her tutorials!!!

peabody — June 16, 2013 @ 10:55 pm

Eek!!! You are TOO cool and kind Jessica! Thank you so much for the shout out and recognizing my craziness that is 8 years (or 56 in blog/dog years) as I like to say.

Heather @ Sugar Dish Me — June 17, 2013 @ 8:08 am

That LC reading list– Half Broke Horses is AMAZING. I read it a few years ago and it is still one of my favorites. Wish I could loan you the book!!

nancy k — June 17, 2013 @ 8:11 am

Love this post…I can catch up on the zillion things I miss in the Net.
    Thanks for sharing!

cindy — June 17, 2013 @ 8:24 am

thanks for the shout, girl!

elizabeth — June 17, 2013 @ 9:49 am

Holy moly there are TOO many books I MUST read! I just finished Andy Cohen’s book which is hilarious and have started reading Wild – also quite good! Those peanut butter pancakes – I need them NOW!

Katie | Healthy Seasonal Recipes — June 17, 2013 @ 11:41 am

Reading this list and actually following the links and then reading them make me want to be a better blogger. I feel so inspired by the awesomness here. Great writing styles, unique recipes, honest people. I love it!!! Please do keep sharing the love more. I can’t wait to see your next one.

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — June 17, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

Thanks for the luv girlfriend. Hope you’re enjoying your vacay.

Nessa — June 17, 2013 @ 1:10 pm

Love this feature!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — June 17, 2013 @ 1:24 pm

Ok I’m in the middle of The Tao of Martha (Jen Lancaster) and you have to read it. Need something really light-hearted and incredibly sarcastic, filled with the pop culture references you love? Perfect. Plus, she reminds me of a female David Sedaris and that’s just perfect for me and my snarky attitude. Read on :)

• Jessica — June 18th, 2013 @ 12:26 pm

I read it last week and was DYING! loved it so much.

Jessica — June 17, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

Hoping you can look into the gummi bear soaked in vodka trend!! Been hearing and now reading more about this and it just seems like something you need to explore!!

Jessica Martin — June 17, 2013 @ 1:30 pm

Gummi bear recommender shares the same first name!!

Bridgiskor — June 19, 2013 @ 7:59 pm

Love this new segment of yours! and, all of your linkys! so fun! also, ohemgee, can we hang out, take pictures with our iphones of cute dogs and drink margaritas all day? Come to San Antonio, you’ll get a tan, get your life fix of tex-mex (and more margaritas) and then we can read chick lit novels!

Bridgi
    yodgi,com

Kristi — June 22, 2013 @ 6:42 pm

I think this is my favorite post EVER! :)

dervla @ The Curator — June 22, 2013 @ 10:37 pm

ummm salty ice cream gets me. Every time.

sports armband cover — July 7, 2013 @ 11:50 am

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this website. It’s simple,
    yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and appearance. I must say you have done a fantastic job with this. Also, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Opera. Superb Blog!