augf-1

Snacks as a meal. This summer I’ve eaten meals consisting of cheeses, tomatoes, corn, olives, nuts and jams and it’s all I want every single day. I’ve been eating giant slabs of toast with jalapeño jam and humboldt fog cheese for breakfast.

This song, Closer, by Tegan and Sara. It’s been my power song all month.

This local organic whiskey. We got a bottle of the organic rye last month and it is out of this world.

These notebooks. I’ve think we’ve more than covered my infatuation with school supplies, but I’m not sure you know exactly how much I still physically write things down. I rarely keep notes or appointments in my phone – I am constantly writing. Anything moleskin is my fave.

This navy striped cardigan from splendid. Unfortunately I can’t find it online anywhere, but I got it on Hautelook a few weeks ago and am in love. It’s perfect for Fall.

Speaking of jams, everything from American Spoon. If you’ve read along with me all these years, you know my family has been a giant fan of American Spoon for maybe 20 years. We stock up like crazy when we are in Michigan (um, Eddie and I came back with 13 jars this year, 3 of which are already gone) and order online the rest of the year. My current favorites are their chili jam (seriously the best I’ve ever had), jalapeño jelly, the apple cider grilling sauce and the triple berry conserve.

The small square Kate Spade studs. I’ve mentioned them a million times but cannot stress how much I LOVE THESE EARRINGS. I have them in multiples colors and they are just so versatile. And gorgeous.

The West Wing. I know. I KNOW. I promise this is the last time I will mention it. But it has definitely been my go-to free time thing this month.

This reed diffuser in the Mandarin Woods scent that I found at Target. I always keep reed diffusers in our bathrooms (am afraid to light candles and burn the house down when I’m not in the room 24/7) but am picky because so many scents make me sneeze or give me a headache. After this one sat for a few days, I couldn’t get over how familiar it smelled until I realized – it smells like one of my all-time favorite perfumes, Burberry Brit. Oh my gosh… the scent is uncanny. LOVE.

The iced caramel coconut lattes from Dunkin. It’s still summer in my world. Sorta.

Oh and the s’mores frozen hot chocolate from Dairy Queen. Seriously cannot handle that.

Uh… the skinny jeans and jeggings from American Eagle. I feel like I’m back in high school saying that, but I am hooked. I have never been one to spend tons of money on jeans because trying to find jeans that fit me is a nightmare. If I can get them over my thighs, they are giant at the waist. I can wear anywhere from a 4 to a 10 or a 27 to a 30 in jeans depending on the brand, and on top of that I am so freaking short that it’s another battle to fight. I randomly remembered both Amanda and Ree talking about these jeans earlier this year, and happened to walk by AE in the mall last week. Um, jeans that are only $40 and then 40% off? YES PLEASE. I can not get over them. I am in love. P.S. these are all 40% off until September 2nd!

These mugs. I have never been a mug person since I hated coffee and tea… but, ugh. These mugs.

All of the black leather pieces that are out for fall. I want tops, tanks, jackets, skirts… gimme all of it.

These mini magnum bars. They are ruining my life.

32 Responses to “August Favorites: Food + Fun.”

Vicki @ WITK — August 31, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

I am with you on this mini magnum bars. So good. You can have two, right?

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 31, 2013 @ 6:41 pm

Those jeans. I remember Amanda and Ree talking about them too and now you say you love them, maybe I need them. It’s of course the hottest weekend of the year here. Like 95F and trying on jeans in the heat takes me back to back-to-school shopping and just wanting to melt in hot little dressing room!

I have that Anthro mug and a matching plateI Thanks for reminding me to bust that thing out for a photo shoot. I bought it a month or two ago and havent touched it. Whoops!

Kristina — August 31, 2013 @ 7:09 pm

*sigh* MOLESKINE. I have so many, and I keep buying more. I am exactly the same – I do use my phone for calendar items, lists and notes, but hand write even more. notebooks, notecards, pads of paper. I love it all.

American Spoon. we share yet another obsession.

Brian @ A Thought For Food — August 31, 2013 @ 7:54 pm

I want to try that whiskey!!!

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen Notes — August 31, 2013 @ 7:55 pm

I write in notebooks all the time. Especially when trying recipes in the kitchen. Nothing like notes taken with a pen, still my favorites.

Molly @ Bakelette — August 31, 2013 @ 10:24 pm

Those mini bars are dynamite!! Handwriting is the way to go in my book! I make really strange and peculiar lists just so I can write stuff down for the fun of it! I actually have a recipe I need to post that talks about my infatuation with handwriting stuff!

Mandy — August 31, 2013 @ 10:58 pm

Did you know Martha Stewart has a line of office products? I stumbled across it at Staples and now I just want to make a home office and fill it with all of Martha’s stuff.

Ughhh jeans.. I bought a pair of petite JLo’s from Kohl’s that are like a foot too long and can’t find a good seamstress to fix them. It’s miserable being short :(

Carvel has a frozen hot chocolate that I can’t stop thinking about now since you had to mention the DQ one. Thanks…

Tieghan — August 31, 2013 @ 11:33 pm

I am an pencil and paper girl too, trying to do stuff electronically is just not my thing. I love to be able to make the writing look cute and cross off my to do! Loving the notebooks!

Also, need those jean!! I am in desperate need of a new pair! I just put four in my cart….good thing they are cheap!!

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — August 31, 2013 @ 11:45 pm

I Love that song!

Ugh, I hate that I buy so many AE pants, but I seem to have the same problem as you. I did happen to find a great pair from the J Crew outlet yesterday called Toothpick that were 40% off and they fit wonderfully! I’m over the moon about them.

Grace (My Spare Oom) — September 1, 2013 @ 1:51 am

Aaaaaahhhh, love that caramel cocanut iced lattes! SO good!

Grace (My Spare Oom) — September 1, 2013 @ 1:51 am

*Coconut

Millie — September 1, 2013 @ 2:59 am

Absolutely loving the photo you used!! :) and who can resist mini magnums?!? ;)
    If you have a moment, do you mind checking out my blog please? Thank you! :)

Jamie @lifelovelemons — September 1, 2013 @ 6:14 am

I have that cardigan in a neon yellow and wear it (totally inappropriately) everywhere I go. Love it so much.

Bill — September 1, 2013 @ 8:39 am

I’m with you on eating snacks for a meal. Your spread looks absolutely delicious. Great photo!

Rasa @the vixen life — September 1, 2013 @ 9:19 am

Moleskine rocks!! I can’t believe that they created a Moleskine Evernote book. I need one immediatly.

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — September 1, 2013 @ 12:09 pm

First time I am actually tempted to buy skinny jeans…I really wish that trend would go away, not because they don’t look good on people, but they look HORRIBLE on me and no one makes non-skinny jeans anymore :( Drives me nuts!

Love that sweater!!

elise — September 1, 2013 @ 1:39 pm

had to comment to say (a) im a snack plate fiend this summer – i feel very sophisticated for creating platters with crackers and cheese and such. while sipping expensive champs. even if the rest of the snacks are things like baby carrots; and (b) american eagle jeans are the sh!t. cheap and stretchy and comfy. its the only way in life im not considered an 80 year old.

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — September 1, 2013 @ 2:43 pm

Those mugs!!! I can’t get enough! I have such a collection from Anthro and they just get cuter and cuter!

Bonnie — September 1, 2013 @ 4:42 pm

Are those stuffed tomatoes or peppers in the photo? My hubby saw them and wants to know if I can make them soon!!! Love your faves this month!

Brittany — September 2, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

Oh wow. I totally want those Kate Spade earrings now. I might buy them today. :)

Claire — September 2, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

Had to go out & get that reed diffuser based on how it smells. In love. I also bought a candle in the mandarin woods. One problem though – should it have taken me forty minutes and a knife to get that plastic cork out? Good grief.

• Jessica — September 2nd, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

omg that’s so funny – it took me like an hour to get the reed diffuser out of the packaging too! worst packaging ever.

brittany — September 2, 2013 @ 8:05 pm

Wait. S’mores frozen hot chocolate? I need one of these immediately.

jen — September 3, 2013 @ 8:17 am

omg try levi’s curve id jean! best. idea. ever!

Tanvee — September 3, 2013 @ 10:06 am

Remember remember remember back in the day when you hated skinny jeans?
    All jokes aside though, I get the whole not being able to find nice jeans when one is short thing. Like, WHY aren’t petite jeans more accessible? WE ALSO HAVE FEELINGS. And love a good snug lovely pair of jeans.

And those Kate Spade studs are so adorable!!

Rachel — September 3, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

OMG just wanted to say I have the exact same thigh vs. waist problem when buying pants… compounded by the fact that my calves are ginormous and muscular for some reason. Arrrggh!

andrea — September 4, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

I just bought the reed diffuser and cannot figure out how to get the plastic plug out!! help!!

• Jessica — September 4th, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

i was in the same boat and it literally took me like 45 minutes and a spoon. it’s awful.

Megan — September 5, 2013 @ 2:21 pm

I have lived on that coffee and those magnum bars all summer. im pretty sure i’ve been having a love affair with caramel for like 3 years and I can’t get over it.

Vanessa W — October 2, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

I know this is an old post but I’m procrastinating at work and scrolling through the archives :) I am also a sucker for office supplies and recently discovered these: http://www.maydesigns.com. I have 6. I don’t know why I need 6 but I’m a sucker or the designs & customizing and they’re so pretty!!

1. Pingback: September Favorites: Food + Fun. | How Sweet It Is