Can’t even believe I’m doing this.

The Best Cauliflower Crust Pizza I howsweeteats.com

I first tried cauliflower pizza a loooooooong time ago. Back before I even knew what blogging was, back when most of the “healthier” recipes I made came from people in the gym who ate only steamed broccoli or put raw eggs in their protein shakes. I was so disappointed with the result that I SWORE I’d never try it again. Never ever ever, Taylor Swift style.

And I’ve done a great job of ignoring the trend.

The Best Cauliflower Crust Pizza I howsweeteats.com

THEN.

The Best Cauliflower Crust Pizza I howsweeteats.com

I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen and decided to give it a try since it was called THE BEST CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA. That meant it had to be the best, right?

It’s actually cheese on cheese. Now that… I can do.

The Best Cauliflower Crust Pizza I howsweeteats.com

It is pretty darn good. For once, I was thrilled to be wrong. Since, you know, I’m never ever wrong. Never ever ever, Taylo– eh, you get the gist.

We absolutely loved this. No, it does not replace pizza for me, but it’s a fun “new” meal. You can check out more of my thoughts on all that in the post.

The Best Cauliflower Crust Pizza I howsweeteats.com

Click here for the step-by-step recipe!. Cheesy goodness all around.

65 Responses to “The Best Cauliflower Crust Pizza.”

Tieghan — August 24, 2013 @ 8:28 am

Never tried the whole Cauliflower pizza crust thing. Mostly because I was totally afraid of it……but now I am thinking maybe it is time. I mean, if you the veggie hater got on board I think I can too! LOL

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — August 24, 2013 @ 9:19 am

I still can not stand cauliflower, but I have tried to sub a swede/ broccoli base which makes it a tiny bit better and comes out pretty well. While it never ever replace the bread base in my pizza, it does allow for me to have an extra slice or two. Always good!

Heather — August 24, 2013 @ 9:26 am

This looks good enough to try! I was never brave enough with the cauliflower crust before. Thanks for sharing!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — August 24, 2013 @ 9:34 am

Haha, you crack me up. Cheese on cheese is definitely a winner! I’ve wanted to get my husband to try this, but he is a definite cauliflower hater. I wonder if I can get it past him? Looks amazing Jessica!

Greta — August 24, 2013 @ 9:52 am

I have a gluten problem and I make this all the time… like probably twice a week since I can’t have real pizza. Your recipe is a lot more involved than mine, I can’t wait to try your version of it!

Shea @ Dixie Chik Cooks — August 24, 2013 @ 9:53 am

Haven’t gone there yet – but your pictures have convinced me to :) Love all the cheesiness!

Ashley — August 24, 2013 @ 11:00 am

I LOVE cauliflower crust pizza. Usually I make mine into a margherita pizza with tomato sauce, tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella…so good!!! The best thing about a cauliflower crust pizza is that the serving size is HUGE depending on what you put on it for toppings. If you are careful with the toppings, you can almost eat the entire thing as one serving! AWESOME!!!

• Ashley — August 24th, 2013 @ 11:05 am

Oh…and if you can’t have cheese, I use nutritional yeast in my crust and it comes out smelling/tasting like cheesy bread! Also, if you can’t have nuts, instead of almond flour, try coconut flour. I use this substitution and it gives it just a hint of sweetness. Last tip, if you like a chewy (thicker) pizza dough, add some chia seeds to the wet ingredients and soak for five minutes before mixing. This gives a great chewy texture! :) YUM!

allie@sweetpotatobites — August 24, 2013 @ 11:04 am

I tried cauliflower pizza crust once and it came out mushy and not so great. This recipe makes me want to give it another try!

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen Notes — August 24, 2013 @ 11:52 am

I’ve had it in my list forever…I might take your word for it!

Jamie @lifelovelemons — August 24, 2013 @ 12:21 pm

Cheese on cheese! Now that’s something I’m definitely on board with

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — August 24, 2013 @ 12:28 pm

I tried cauliflower crusts a year or so ago and thought it was pretty good, although with the extra cheese in the crust I wouldn’t really call it healthier. Not that I am complaining about the excess cheese O:-)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 24, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

Your pizza is making me want pizza right now! Gorgeous crust, super awesome melty cheese pics, and great way to use….cauliflower!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — August 24, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

Cheese on cheese and a cauliflower crust? Yes please!

Emily @ Life on Food — August 24, 2013 @ 4:37 pm

I am a bit sketchy on this since I am not a fan of cauliflower. My husband however is. I should try it on him since he normally balks at all of my “healthy” recipes. And yes he quotes that word. Not sure why?

Jade Priscilla — August 24, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

That looks ever so good! xx

Lucy @ Bake Play Smile — August 24, 2013 @ 6:10 pm

I keep seeing cauliflower pizza recipes in all the foodie magazines, but have always been a bit scared to try it out myself! But I will definitely give it a go now. Thanks for sharing this great idea… love using veggies in new and different ways!

Jennifer — August 24, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

This is completely unrelated to cauliflower pizza crust, but I saw this on picture on Pinterest and, from reading your blog so religiously, I have to show it to you.

• Jessica — August 24th, 2013 @ 10:09 pm

dervla — August 24, 2013 @ 10:24 pm

cauliflower is my jam .. gotta try this

Joshua Hampton (Cooking Classes San Diego) — August 25, 2013 @ 3:48 am

I love cauliflower, but I’ve never tried cauliflower pizza before. Time to try out something new, I suppose.

Kristi — August 25, 2013 @ 4:11 am

I’m so afraid that the process of making caulflower crust would make the eating of the cauliflower crust not appetizing to me.

Deborah Carlson — August 25, 2013 @ 4:39 pm

Hmmmmm…very interesting. I love cauliflower and this looks so good!
    I would love to give it a try.
    Thanks for the recipe and the great shots. Always so appetizing here ;)
    What a great cook you are…and you are so kind to share with us all! ;)

All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

Shelly (Cookies and Cups) — August 25, 2013 @ 5:11 pm

Such a unique way of making pizza. Cauliflower as a mashed potato replacement is also something to try =)

Courtney — August 26, 2013 @ 7:37 am

Its about time you jumped on the bandwagon and saw what all the craze was about for yourself… isn’t it all so strangely (yet sinlessly) good? Just curious what kinda cheese/toppings you went with for the first round. Looks delish and makes me wanna throw it on the weekly dinner menu!

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness — August 26, 2013 @ 11:07 am

I love Cauli pizza crust! Definitely not as good as the real thing but a good sub when I want to feel healthy. So glad you jumped on the band wagon!

Laryssa — August 26, 2013 @ 12:09 pm

I just tried cauliflower pizza crust for the first time this weekend too! I’m surprised by how awesome it was.

David @ From Ballparks to BBQ — August 26, 2013 @ 4:57 pm

My wife keeps talking about wanting to make a cauliflower crust for pizza. Now we have a recipe she can use!

Brittany — August 26, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

Love cauliflower pizza. Although last time I made it I forgot to spray the pizza stone and it ended up being stuck to my stone so badly I had to throw most of it away. Word to wise – use parchment and/or grease your pan liberally.

Allie @ so we sail on — August 27, 2013 @ 6:18 pm

i’ve been terrified to try cauliflower crust. Crust is the most important part of pizza, and sacrificing it seemed like a sin. You definitely don’t seem like one to promote healthy just because it’s trendy. you’ve definitely inspired me.
    I’m attempting it tonight. eek!

Cristina — August 29, 2013 @ 2:08 pm

That first picture sold me. I’ve always kind of sort of wanted to try cauliflower pizza, anyway, but I’ve never seen it looking SO GOOD. I just thought it would be fun/different, but this looks seriously amazing. I’m gonna give it a shot.

Larry — September 4, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

What the whaaaa? I’ve never heard of this. But I do love me some cauliflower. And that just LOOKS… omg so darn good. *mouth watering*

Ladre — September 10, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!
    Made this tonight, it was yummy even the kids ate if with no complaints. Will for sure make again. The herb, the cheese, the goodness. Who knew cauliflower could be this good and if you are watching your waist a good alternative with veggies on top. I did not have a food processor and did it in my blender, was not as fine as it could have been and I chopped it down a bit more with a knife after I took I out of the blender good nonetheless. I also used a large head of cauliflower and it did make two pizza. Divine

lisa feit — September 21, 2013 @ 10:54 pm

I tried this out and served it alongside homemade pizza and guess which pizza went first! Everyone was surprised at how much they enjoyed this recipe!

steve — November 15, 2013 @ 7:43 pm

This is 5 stars……very good. A bit of a hassle squeezing out the water, but baked up nicely and held the a boatload of toppings.

Matt — November 17, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

It’ll turn out better if you remove from parchment for second time in the oven and place directly on pizza stone…will give it a better crust.

Tina — November 30, 2013 @ 8:21 pm

I am gluten free and thought this sounded good. I like cauliflower and thought this would be good. NOT!!! The crust still has a strong cauliflower taste that I couldn’t get past. Spent a lot of time preparing as directed and still had a strong cauliflower taste. The crust looked brown and delicious but the cauliflower was still there. I do not recommend if you are not used to the strong taste of cauliflower.

Paris — December 12, 2013 @ 6:08 pm

This was fantastic! Tasted great loved the cauliflower :D

LeAnn — December 29, 2013 @ 8:04 pm

Tastes wonderful and easy instructions! I finally used my baking stone again.

Laura — February 8, 2014 @ 1:45 pm

I love it! Made this last week and wrote about it in my blog.

Savanna — March 7, 2014 @ 4:57 pm

We have tried this amazing recipe and we love it! We’ve shared it on our pinterest board. Thanks for such a great recipe!

Hettie — March 21, 2014 @ 2:26 pm

I tried this … and it is …. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe!

1. Pingback: Thursday’s Thoughts- | kml image works

2. Pingback: Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Honey Mustard Chicken and Gouda

3. Pingback: Cookies and Cauliflower Pizza Crust

4. Pingback: Recipes to Try | Live and Learn

5. Pingback: Pizza - Page 2 | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page 2

6. Pingback: Skinny Pizza: The Best Cauliflower Crust Pizza | Romancing the Spoon

7. Pingback: 14 Trends to Try in 2014 | Michele living in fashion