[most photos taken with my DSLR, a handful using my iPhone + instagram]

this is complete sunset overload and trust me, i’m well aware that these photos are like… almost all the same. if you can’t tell, i’m just mildly obsessed with this place so thanks for indulging me in the only time i care about using my camera. i might have over 600 photos so yes… there are going to be about three more parts. i think they are more fun. maybe. kinda.

i’m annoying.

hearts.

[p.s. please note the entire stick of butter on one crepe. is this real life?]

38 Responses to “Vacation Photo Dump, Part 2.”

Lauren @ The Highlands Life — August 10, 2013 @ 8:34 pm

Butter = awesomeness. Every. Single. Time.

Lindsay @ Health Foragers — August 10, 2013 @ 8:47 pm

Thanks for the comment on the butter. I thought I was seeing things!

Phew, not crazy! (well, at least not now)

Bob — August 10, 2013 @ 8:55 pm

The butter, believable. Now, the swing set! I’m in. That is +++ more awesome than the usual hammock!

cintya — August 10, 2013 @ 9:37 pm

Great photos. Those fries look extremely delicious!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — August 10, 2013 @ 9:59 pm

Man, .I need to go there some day. It looks beautiful!

Tieghan — August 10, 2013 @ 10:13 pm

I make crepes weekly because we freaking love them so me much. Seriously though, a whole stick of butter? What the What!?! Amazing!

Such gorgeous photos, I need to visit Michigan!

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — August 10, 2013 @ 10:46 pm

Some may call the sunset photos overkill, I call it a theme! Beautiful! All of them! A whole stick of butter! really?

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 10, 2013 @ 10:46 pm

Gorgeous. The swings. Love.
    The sunset vertical with the water that’s coming up – it looks like golden confetti. So pretty.

Ironically I just went on a sunset sail here in Aruba 2 nights ago…and totally….missed the sunset. Hello open bar :) But in my defense, the sun went behind the clouds as it was setting. So I love all your sunset pics!

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts — August 10, 2013 @ 10:49 pm

I need to go! All the pictures look so beautiful!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun — August 10, 2013 @ 10:56 pm

This looks so so beautiful! it’s amazing! This is on one of my places to visit!

Renee @ Awesome on $20 — August 10, 2013 @ 11:25 pm

Yeah, I was like, did all of that butter really go onto that one single crepe?!?!?!? Mind totally blown. And probably some arteries, too. Amaze.

Catherine — August 11, 2013 @ 1:11 am

Gorgeous. Vacay photos are the best! Makes me want to head right back to the beach. I did note the stick of butter and thought surely not…. convinced myself that they were just going to cut a small bit off and use that. Apparently not!!

Christine — August 11, 2013 @ 3:30 am

These are beautiful photos! I was in Michigan last year and couldn’t believe that’s so awesome. Please, share more!!! So love your work!!!!

Francesca — August 11, 2013 @ 6:32 am

Thank you for sharing your lovely vacation photos – they’re beautiful. I hope you’ve had a wonderful time xx

Sarah Beth — August 11, 2013 @ 9:35 am

GORGEOUS photos! Would never get tired of looking at that view!
    xx

Kristi — August 11, 2013 @ 11:35 am

Beautiful place and photos.

Megan — August 11, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

I will never grow tired of sunset photos, I have many myself!! Where did you say this vacation was? It seems like such a beautiful place! Keep the photos coming!

Lina — August 11, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

Beautiful pictures! I especially love the last one of the sunset, water, and the lighthouse!

Jaque — August 11, 2013 @ 2:07 pm

Love the idea of having swings in the beach!

Taylor — August 11, 2013 @ 3:56 pm

Is this the Charlevoix lighthouse and beach?!? Swing on those swings every.single.summer. Michigan is my happy place!

• Jessica — August 11th, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

Kristen — August 11, 2013 @ 4:01 pm

Oh how in love I am with Michigan – I need to make it up to where you go. It looks absolutely stunning!
    Love your photo dumps :) Keep ‘em coming!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves — August 11, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

Gorgeous! (the beach views AND the food) Looks like you all had a wonderful time. :)

Kylie @ immaeatthat — August 11, 2013 @ 5:38 pm

I was gonna ask if that was butter…haha awesome:)

Maria — August 11, 2013 @ 6:59 pm

Can I go on a vacation with you? Pretty please!!!!

Katie K — August 11, 2013 @ 8:22 pm

These photos made me so happy. My fiancé and I are getting ready to marry in Charlevoix next summer. It is one of the most beautiful places around!

Damommachef — August 11, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

I am loving your travel photos, and I always read your blog. Keep it up!

Elizabeth — August 12, 2013 @ 8:57 am

Keep the pics coming!! You said you had about 600, right? So that means there should technically be 60 more of these photo dumps.. yayyyy haha

Caitlin — August 12, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Gorgeous photos!
    That tiny fish is fabulous.

Coco in the Kitchen — August 12, 2013 @ 3:47 pm

I feel like I’m on vacation w ya. Great pics, esp the one of the wave “droplets” caught in the light of the sun.

Yeh, I know about the butter. That’s why crepes taste so damned good!

betty — August 13, 2013 @ 9:04 am

I was wondering if that butter. wait, is butter a carb?

Meghan — August 13, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

So glad you had a blast in my home state. I love MI and miss it so much!!! Thanks for a little taste of MI summer that I won’t be able to see this year, your photos captured it beautifully.

Debi — August 17, 2013 @ 2:36 am

Oh my gosh…swings on the beach! My two favorite things ever!

Jessica McGee — August 17, 2013 @ 10:29 am

I just came back from Saugatuck and am in love with it! Do you vacation in Traverse City? That was my original choice, but Saugatuck was closer. Have you been to Saugatuck? I was wondering how they compare. Great shots of the beautiul Michigan sunset!

singleslovevacations — March 12, 2014 @ 9:51 am

Meet adventurous single travelers on vacations you will love. Choose the Best Solo Travel Trips in the US and international destinations. Enjoy best Holidays For Singles Tours Getaways as unique as you are. Meet 5-star Singles on Vacations You’ll Love at SinglesLoveVacations.com

Singles Love Vacations — March 23, 2014 @ 12:23 am

lose that this isn’t the first travel experience I’ve ever had solo. When I was in college, I studied abroad for a semester in Italy. We had class Monday through Thursday, leaving three-day weekends free to travel to all of the cities I’d always dreamed about. One particular weekend, all of the other students on the trip wanted to head to Spain. It was one of the last weekends we were going to have before the semester ended, and per the usual, I missed the

1. Pingback: Vacation Photo Dump, Part 4. | How Sweet It Is