Cookies and Cream Brownies.
It seems that I can’t get through one full week without trying a new brownie combination.
Just wait until you see the next one I am going to experiment with. . .
These are super simple. I used my go-to brownie recipe, and just added a few Oreos.
You could even do the same with boxed brownies. Just make the frosting and add some more cookies.
I only frosted a few because I just don’t love frosting on brownies. Mr. How Sweet really enjoyed the frosted ones.
If you waste a good 3/4 of your day on Twitter like I do, you will know that last night Mr. How Sweet brought me home a dozen hot pink roses.
I didn’t make him dinner, my half-unpacked mess is strewn in 4 different rooms, and I was in holey sweat pants once he got home. Oh yes, and I was half asleep while he professed his undying love to me. And I just continued to lay there.
Sounds eerily similar to the night he proposed.
Good thing there were brownies on the counter. As my dad says, marriage is rarely 50/50.
The cookies somewhat melted into the batter once baked, but if you look closely you can see some cookies inside the brownies. That is the best part.
The frosting is the same frosting I used for the cookies and cream cupcakes. It is creamy, delicious, and looks like ice cream. Can’t beat that.
I think out of all the brownies I have made in the past few months, these ones may be the best.
I love the texture. Chewy, gooey brownies + crunchy cookies.
Cookies and Cream Brownies
- 2-3 squares baking chocolate
- 1/2 lb butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 Oreo cookies, crumbled
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 10 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter and baking sqaures in a microwave safe bowl. In the mixing bowl, cream melted butter and chocolate mixture. Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, beating one at a time. Add flour and stir just until combined. Fold in cookie crumbles.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish (I used a 8 x 8 square cake pan). Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until just barely done. Cool before frosting.
- *I changed this recipe slightly from my other brownie posts, so if you have recently tried it, try adding 2 more eggs!
- Mix butter and powdered sugar together, adding sugar gradually to the mix. Add vanilla. Mix in milk, adding more if needed. Continue to add milk and sugar until it reaches the desired consistency. Crush Oreos and fold them into the frosting.
I don’t think these brownies will last another evening in our house. Ha, who am I kidding? They may not even last until Mr. How Sweet gets home.
Now, I need to find some spectacular recipe to make for dinner tonight. And remind Mr. How Sweet that he married someone 10 years younger, not an old granny.