Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles.
These peanut butter pretzel truffles might be life-changing.
They are so fabulously delicious, that when I look at them I can barely think straight.
And dare I say, they aren’t exactly terrible for you?
I mean, I used natural peanut butter. And a sprinkling of pretzels. And you could use dark chocolate as a coating.
I, of course, used the milkiest of milk chocolates I could find.
Mr. How Sweet thoroughly enjoyed the truffles.
He took down a few plate-ful’s of them, in an effort to gain back the small person he lost last week when he was sick. Men. If only I needed to eat truffles to gain weight. My life would be so much more exciting.
My brother loved the truffles, too. He took down about 6 of them before dinner.
Which isn’t saying much, since he lives in one of those bachelor pads where consuming beer and chicken wings is required before chocolate and peanut butter.
These truffles satisfy the sweet and salty craving all in one.
Is there a better combination that peanut butter and chocolate? If so, it must only be peanut butter, chocolate, and salt.
Salt in the form of crunchy pretzels.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, I used Naturally More, so the flaxseeds gave it more crunch, too.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped salted pretzels
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Combine peanut butter and pretzels in a small bowl. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into 20 balls (about 1 teaspoon each). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze until very firm, about 1 hour. Roll the frozen balls in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Mr. How Sweet loved the truffles so much that he almost ate them for dinner in place of his 12-ounce chicken breast.
Ok. I’m lying. He didn’t love them that much. Nothing stands in the way of his protein.
Still . . . they are really tasty.
[photos by sarah fennel]