Easy Buffalo Chicken Pizza – Step by Step.
Buffalo chicken pizza is one food we agree on in our house.
And as you can imagine, Mr. How Sweet loves it since it has chicken – his sweet elixir of life.
When it comes to pizzas, I rarely make the same thing twice. I throw whatever I have on them… except veggies obviously. I mean, I want to enjoy my pizza. Not eat rabbit food on it.
What you can always find on my pizzas is loads of cheese. I bet you’re shocked at that one.
I start with my favorite part – adding a ranch + blue cheese + buffalo wing sauce as a “sauce” for the pizza. This adds a ton of flavor and I don’t have to use my nemesis – tomato sauce.
Next goes on some cheese, and then the chicken.
If there is cheese that has somehow not made it into my mouth, more goes on top.
Next comes a big drizzle of buffalo wing sauce, to spice things up. And then I add gorgonzola on top. I don’t tell Mr. How Sweet. He eats it anyway.
I’m sneaky like that.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 10 ounces chicken, shredded
- 1 cup shredded, smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- buffalo wing sauce for drizzling
- Mix flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add water, oil and honey, and stir to form a ball. Finish bringing together with hands and knead for a minute or too. Place in lightly oiled bowl and cover, letting rise for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from bowl and punch down. Place back in the bowl and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Dough should be ready for use.
- Preheat over to 375.
- Roll out pizza dough so it fits a pan – I use with a square baking sheet or 10-inch round pan. In a bowl, mix buffalo wing sauce, blue cheese and ranch. Spread over dough as a sauce. Top with 1/2 cup each of cheddar and jack cheeses. Add chicken on top, then remaining cheeses including parmesan. Drizzle liberally with buffalo wing sauce. Add crumbled gorgonzola on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
The final step is to devour it. Or in my case, battle my husband for the final piece.