I told you that I really love apples.
I love them in all forms. Hot, cold, shredded, baked. I even love them in salads. Well, as much as I can love salads that is.
I spied apple nachos in the newest Taste of Home and couldn’t stop thinking about them. I mean, what a perfect snack for me! I get a little chocolate, peanut butter, coconut and salty pecans, but since all of this tops off a giant honeycrisp apple, it has to be healthy. Right? Yep, that’s what I thought too.
I added a little dollop of greek yogurt, which I promptly spread all over the apple and said toppings. How could something so simple boggle my mind like this? Why haven’t I ever made these before?! Have you all been holding out on me?
If you knew about the apple nachos I’m a bit annoyed that you didn’t share.
As I was making these, I decided that I had to sprinkle the entire plate with cinnamon. But then I got caught up in the whirlwind of the peanut butter and chocolate and I forgot the cinnamon! I didn’t even remember it until I looked at these pictures. The veggies must have poisoned my mind.
If you make these you must add some cinnamon. And nutmeg. And even some apple pie spice?
I can’t even concentrate. I need to go make these for breakfast. They were such a treat. Can you tell I’m obsessed? I hope not. I can be a bit insecure.
- 1 apple, cored and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup/melted chocolate
- 1 tablespoon caramel drizzle
- 2 tablespoons crushed salted pecans
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- few chocolate chips
- + anything else you want to add!
- Core apples and slice into rounds. Lay on plate and top with whatever toppings you desire!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Looks like things are back to normal around here. Peanut butter, chocolate, coconut… we definitely needed this after those brussels sprouts. Now tell me – what would you add to your apple nachos? I need ideas since this will clearly be a meal for me for the next 6 months.
125 Comments on “Apple Nachos.”
Yummmm, i saw these on pinterest a few days back and now have found the source!! I bet bacon bits and chocolate sauce would be great, or honey and blue cheese crumbles!
I tried these and they are amazing!! Then I tried with Apple Butter, Salted Caramel and crushed cinammon graham crackers, pecans and VOILA!! Apple Pie Nachos!! Vanilla ice cream a must!
check this out! these nachos in sandwich form:
Pingback: Apple Nachos - Food Doodles
Pingback: apple recipes | blueroses and stardust
Pingback: Thursday Things | hipstercooker
Pingback: Apple Nachos | Young Girl 18
1) Green apples or Fuji or Cream cheese and finely crushed graham cracker and mini chocolate chips.
2) Fuji apples or green dipped in Nutella and crushed ( not to fine) pretzels
3) Marshmallow cream and carmel, sometimes mini chocolate chips.
4) soft carmel and crushed nuts.
5) Vanilla yogurt and hazelnut granola.
6) Green Apples dipped in marshmallow cream with cream cheese and vanilla extract whipped together. Can add food coloring to go with holiday.
Green and Red Apples sliced medium spread on microwave plate. Sprinkle cinnamon, fine brown sugar, raisins, crushed walnuts drizzled with a little real butter. Put in microwave for 1 minute at 30 second intervals. Eat warm but be carefull can get really hot.
Pingback: Celebrate Rosh Hashanah! | Fiestah
Pingback: Apple recipes | blue roses and stardust
Pingback: Metus diam, in cursus justo scelerisque sed | Everything Jewish