Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip.
Go put on your stretchy pants.
Seriously. Do it now.
Some days, I find that certain recipes speak to me. Better-Than-Crack-Brownies, Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles, Cake Batter Bark… those things excite me. This only has happened a handful of times and when I find or create a delicious recipe that I am so passionate about, I can hardly wait to share it with all of you. After all, these recipes wouldn’t be as much fun without you.
This is the situation I found myself in late Monday evening. Sometimes, the best recipes come from you. Never hesitate to tell me about them! A reader, Amber, emailed me to share this delicious recipe. I nearly fell off my chair.
Or the couch from which I was laying on after eating 16 snickerdoodles. It happens.
I couldn’t wait to make it. In fact, I nearly got my rump off the couch and whipped it up at 10:00 pm. But then I remembered that I would want to photograph this amazing creation. And then I also remembered that I would be left all by my lonesome with this dip. It would be close to midnight. I would be in sweatpants. I would eat until my heart was content. I would never fall sleep. I would want to face-plant into cookie dough dip.
I decided to wait.
You can only imagine what I did first thing yesterday morning. I don’t even think I’ve bounded out of bed like that for freshly fried bacon.
So let’s hit all the major points:
1. Super simple (and fast!) to make? Check.
2. Easy enough that you most likely have the ingredients in your house right now? Check. (hint, hint… breakfast!)
3. Freakishly delicious and pants-popping? Double check.
I served it with animal crackers, but for the last 36 hours all I’ve been thinking about are more delectable dippers that would be fabulous. Graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, juicy apples, salty pretzels, homemade cookies, cinnamon sugar pita chips… the list goes on and on. Pick your poison.
Or you can do dirty things like eat it with a spoon.
Cookie Dough Dip
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 8- ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture starts to bubble. Set aside to cool, and whisk in vanilla.
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar for 60 seconds. With mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until combined. I added the chocolate chips at this time so the mixer could break them up into pieces. You can so that, or just fold in the chocolate chips.
- Garnish with additional chopped chocolate. Serves with fruit, cookies, crackers, pretzels or a spoon.
Oh! I almost left out the most important piece of the recipe that Amber shared. Cookie dough dip “has zero calories when eaten with friends.”
I think I love this girl.