In case you’re wondering, I’m still in a cinnamon roll coma.
I decided it was time for something else for breakfast. Or snack time. Or if you’re anything like me, lunch and dinner.
I have issues.
Most normal people would eat broccoli or something. Or maybe eggs? No thanks. I’ll make some muffins.
Who doesn’t love creamsicles? And muffins? And cream? And heavy cream?
I do. I love anything and everything described “creamsicle.” Especially those Push-Ups I used to eat when I was on summer break. Those were the best. Remember them? Why did I ever stop eating them?
The only thing to make a delicious “healthier” muffin taste better is to add a sugary, creamy glaze on top.
Creamsicle muffins topped with creamsicle glaze?
Don’t mind if I do.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, or all-purpose
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk + 2 tablespoons
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- contents of one vanilla bean
- raw course sugar for garnish
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin cups in muffin tins.
- Mix sugar, yogurt and egg until creamy and light yellow. Add vanilla beans and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Add milk and orange juice. Fold in orange zest. Stir until completely smooth. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Top with course sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick poked in center of muffin comes out clean. Top with glaze.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until glaze forms. If needed, add more liquid until the desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over warm muffins.
I’m also giving you permission to eat the glaze with a spoon. I know you want to.