Hot Caprese Dip.
You only need three ingredients to make this fabulous snack!
And I say snack, because it is totally acceptable to make it for yourself this afternoon when your stomach starts to rumble.
You know why?
Because I said so.
It also obviously makes a great appetizer for parties. The key is to consume it as quickly as possible. Trust me… it isn’t challenging.
And it is super simple to make. All you must do is chop the ingredients and combine them like so.
Then throw the dish in the oven and let the cheese work it’s magic.
It will look like this. And then you might die. But that’s okay, because having this as your final meal totally makes sense.
It took all of my restraint to not go at the dip with just a spoon. I was so tempted.
I might have taken a little spoonful of a taste.
There really is nothing better than a spoonful of bubbly, golden cheese.
Hot Caprese Dip
- 10 ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped into cubes
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and juiced
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil, or about 1 tablespoon dried + more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Make sure tomatoes have as much juiced squeezed out of them as possible – this will prevent the dip from becoming soupy. In a small baking dish, combine chopped cheese, tomatoes and basil and mix. Bake for 15 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes so cheese becomes bubbly and golden. Serve immediately with crackers or melba toasts.
- Note: dip may appear “watery” which is why it is VERY important to get as much moisture out of the tomatoes as possible. Also make sure dip is consumed immediately, as the longer it sits, the more juice that develops. Don’t worry if there is a little bit of juice – it is still delicious!
Just try to stay away.