Chocolate French Silk Pancakes.
Chocolate french silk pie usually contains raw eggs. And lots and lots of chocolate. And mounds of whipped cream. Mmmm. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Except that whole raw egg thing.
Don’t fear. I’m not sharing pancakes and raw eggs with you today… instead I’m sharing pancakes that taste like french silk pie.
And I owe it all to this little can. Oh, and that cocoa above.
I adore coconut milk. You should too. It’s creamy and delicious.
And if you don’t like coconut? You can’t even taste it in these pancakes. I promise.
Unless you’re some kind of super coconut-tasting sleuth.
Not only are these pancakes simple and quick, they are pretty healthy too.
I topped mine with plain ole’ syrup, but trust me – I wanted to top them with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, vanilla cream glaze, and chocolate chips.
All at once.
Oh, and I gave the pancakes a little sprinkling of cocoa powder.
There is no such thing as too much chocolate.
Creamy and fluffy.
What more could you want from a pancake?
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, or all-purpose
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups lite coconut milk + more if needed to smooth out batter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir until dry ingredients are combined and batter is smooth. Preheat a skillet on medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup of batter on skillet and cook until bubbles form. Flip and cook until lightly browned.
As you can tell, I really hated these. I won’t be making them for a very long time. Like maybe… Friday?