1. I know I told you last week that I don’t love oatmeal, but that was a bit of a lie. I do like oatmeal – Quaker flavored instant oatmeal that is. It was my staple breakfast for probably over 10 years as a kid, my favorites being peaches and cream and strawberries and cream. So, so good. I even used to eat it DRY. Yes, like straight out of the package. I love normal food.
2. Another totally underrated snack is tortilla chips with cheese melted on them in the microwave. And no, I don’t mean tortillas cut into triangles and baked in your oven… though I can make do with those in a pinch. Crispy, out-of-the-bag tortilla chips. Grate your cheese, pile it on top, zap for 30 seconds, eat. Welcome to my teenage world of food.
3. A few weeks ago in yoga one of the instructors was playing Lucia Micarelli, to which I had to stop mid-downward facing dog (this should tell you *just* how calm my mind really gets) and find out exactly what music was playing right that very instant. I’ve since downloaded every piece by her and it’s all I’ve been listening to. I don’t even know what this classifies me as anymore.
4. At the risk of sounding trendy, I’m gonna be straight up and tell you that I really love this chocolate coconut water.
Up until this point the only thing coconut water has been good for is my gag reflex – I’ve thought it was disgusting. But this stuff tastes pretty good, sort of like a thin chocolate milk with a hint of coconut flavor. And no, I’m not going to tell you that it tastes like chocolate milk because that would be like telling you that kale chips taste like potato chips. Uhhhhh no.
4. Bella graduates from puppy school tomorrow.
Hopefully between then and now she will learn where she can and can’t sit.
5. We are looking to take a mini vacation for our anniversary, which has to be hugely husband-approved since he hasn’t been on vacation this year. I am really, really bad at geography (but not as bad as I am at math), but we want to stay mainly on the East coast… but it doesn’t have to be on the coast. Does that make sense? That was a lot of “but’s.” How about you just tell me where an awesome place would be to visit?
6. I really want to buy these boots, but only if a pair of legs are included. I think that’s more than fair considering the price.