Day After Thanksgiving Breakfast Hash with Cheddar Mashed Potato Pancakes.
First… you stuff yourself silly.
Then… you fall into a nice long food coma.
And THEN! You wake up starving, pile all sorts of junk into a skillet with butter and eat it for breakfast. Seriously… you want to do this. I mean, it’s just like toast.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 cups of leftover stuffing
- one recipe of mashed potato pancakes + 1/3 cup grated cheddar
- 3-4 eggs
- fresh parsley for topping
- any additional breakfast ingredients you wish such as bacon/onions, if it’s not in your stuffing or apples to caramelize or even corn!
- In a large skillet (I used a cast iron), heat olive olive over medium heat and add butter. Set potato pancakes in the pan, then fill in the holes with stuffing. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy, then gently flip the pancakes and the stuffing, and cook for 3-4 minutes more. While the potatoes and stuffing are cooking, heat another skillet and cook eggs as desired. Add eggs on top of stuffing, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Finally, you’ll probably eat it straight out of the skillet. It happens.