1. Yesterday I… “stumbled” upon an old old old OLD school episode of 90210 (like maybe one of the first?) and while I couldn’t even get over how horrific the acting was (except for you Dylan, I’m still love you) all I really thought was… I want to wear Kelly Taylor’s brown suede jacket that has 6 pounds of fringe hanging from it.
2. Thursday night I made us copycat Chipotle bowls inspired by Mara, which made my entire week worth living.
3. I’d like to tell you to do the same, or even that I can’t wait to do it again… however the entire prep took me nearly 2 hours and made me want to yank my hair out and while it was super super super delicious, I think I’ll stick to driving to the nearest location and spending $10.
4. Ooooh but then I can’t have bottomless blue corn chips. Rats. Decisions decisions.
5. We’ve moved on from Dexter (since uh, someone watched 72 hours of it in like 2 weeks) and now have watched Homeland, which we really love… but but but – before you recommend all these crazy smart people shows, I must tell you that this type of stuff is soooo not my kind of TV. I mean, I read only chick lit and am obsessed with glitter and see no problem in buying $500 shoes and should own stock in Sephora. However, I definitely had 2 dreams this week that I’m being interrogated by the CIA. What does this all MEAN?!
6. Maybe I’m growing up?
7. Probably not. At all.
8. Know what I currently can’t get enough of? Grapefruit. Well… brownies. But also… grapefruit. I’ve loved them since I was a kid and go through huge grapefruit binges every winter, until sometime in April when I pick one up and it tastes like vinegar and acid swished together, to which I dramatically spit it out and claim “I’M NEVER EATING GRAPEFRUIT AGAIN!!!”
9. But I’m really not dramatic at all.
10. Our weather today is so gorgeous that I want to eat it. Like literally swallow it up. After chewing of course.
11. OHMYGOSH don’t you just want to smash your face into this picture of Bella? I can’t even stand it.
86 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Dylan McKay makes me swoon; I am glad I am not the only one who reads chick lit exclusively; and yes, I DO want to smash my face into that picture of Bella; actually, I want to smash my face into real-life Bella – I bet she is uber fluffy!
My husband and I breezed through the first season of Homeland in a day, it was that good. But afterwards, for about a week, I had dreams that the CIA was at my front door because I had “intelligence”… Glad I don’t have any dreams about Dexter, that could be even more intense!
2 hours for a chipotle bowl, that is worst than any line I have ever had to stand in there. Though now I want chipotle at 8am. How will I wait until they open.
What is it about Chipotle that is so addicting? Seriously, I could eat a Chipotle chicken salad every single day! I’ve never had a burrito bowl, but they look delicious, too. That picture of Bella is so adorable! What a gorgeous puppy (is she still considered a puppy?) she is!
i love grapefruit too. people think i’m crazy.
I too love/loved Dylan even more so since I have had huge fight with my DH. Much simpler times during the 902010 years!
You are to funny! I just love Bella, she is to dam cute! 90210, lol! I never got into that show, I was more of a Melrose Place kind of person!!
Tuesday things are my favorite :) And yes, I do want to smash my face into that picture of Bella!
I love your blog and it has quickly become my go-to when I get spare time during the day. I spend 20 minutes drooling on my keyboard, and then spend my ride home daydreaming about different sweet creations! Thank you so much for all your awesome, creative recipes! Which leads me to my oh-so-random question. I have made the oreo chocolate crunch cookies a few times and they are FANTASTIC! Well I’m making some for a friend who loves the pb chocolate combo, so I’m going to get a little creative with some peanut butter cookie dough and the oreo chocolate dough. I’m using you as my source of baking wisdom, and hoping you can help me a little. My question iiiis; have you ever tried putting one dough inside another? Like an outer layer of one kind, and an inner one of a different flavor? I know you have done a cookie combo sort of thing by combining two types of dough. Thoughts? Advice?
Any and all wisdom imparted will be greatly appreciated as a bake away tonight!
bella is freaking adorable. and i love reading tuesday things from you. and i’ll be more than happy to eat all of the bagels you made!
I work at Chipotle and I eat their food every single day and I’m STILL not sick of it! But making it at home? No way, that would take way too long!
You need to watch Breaking Bad!!!!!!!!!
The SoapNet channel is such a guilty pleasure. I find myself getting sucked into old school 90210 all the time… like right now.
I miss 90210. I used to catch reruns on soap net. When is the box set going to make it into my life???
LOL I could’ve told you about the Chipotle bowls…I also wasted (ok, not really wasted) 2 hours of my life..or maybe more, thinking how great of an idea it would be to make them myself and prepping each component for the bowls. Never again. It was good but not worth it when I can drive to Chipotle a couple minutes away! And…I love the picture of Bella. Adorable!!!
And…since you like girly drama-type shows (based on your like of 90210) and mysterious shows (based on your like of Dexter)…maybe you should try watching Ringer. The new one with Sarah Michelle Gellar. It’s my super-guilty pleasure, with suspense, mystery, and drama….I’m so hooked. But don’t tell anyone…
Oh man… there’s so much to say… I loved Dylan… still do… and Homeland… I LOVED it and can’t wait until next October when Season 2 comes outs… I also am suspicious the government is tracking what I do online now… I’ve written “terrorist” way too many times talking about that show in the past few weeks… I’m not going to ruin it for you but I just got to say I keep having dreams about it… I love Claire Danes… I’m still waiting for a reunion show of My So Called Life so I can see what happened between her and Jordan Catelano….
And I go to Chipotle 2 a week… one of the guys gets worried about me when my boyfriend aren’t there in a week..
8. acid and vinegar? = the same thing. vinegar is very weak acetic acid… anywhoo! i go through the same grapefruit binges.
~<3~ ooooooh, so jealous of your Bella! miss my goldie! and yes… I would smooshie face that photo and the real puppygirl in a heartbeat~! nothing like goldies!
I love that dog! It’s soo cute!
Homeland is crazy good!! It’s my favvvvvorite show now. The last few episodes of the season are great!
the chipotle bowl – interesting! never knew you could do a copycat version.
Does Bella want a boyfriend? If so, Otis is available. http://thecyclistswife.blogspot.com/2011/09/cyclebration-day-2.html
12. You and I are twins separated at birth, I’m officially convinced of this… except for the bread thing. I. LOVE. BREAD.
Pingback: Just Like Chipotle's Corn Salsa | How Sweet It Is
Can I ask what recipes you used for your Chipotle bowls? I saw your corn salsa recipe but was also looking for there other recipes. Lots of copycat ones online but not sure which to try. I know it’s a lot of work, my co-workers birthday is Friday and Chipotle is her favorite so I was thinking of making these for the office in celebration. Any suggestions??? Thank you so much :)