1. Cannot get enough fresh fruit right now. I’m eating like two or three parfaits a day. I’m eating entire cantaloupes every single day. UGH SO GOOD. True story.

2. In sad news, I feel like I’ve sort of outgrown MTV. I remember the days when I lived for weeknights (hello, laguna, the hills and newlyweds) and seriously wondered how on Earth actual adults didn’t watch these shows. Was I an adult at the time? Probably. I literally feared that I would grow up and not have time for the wonderfulness of trash TV. Now… I don’t even know what’s hip.

3. But in good news, I have not outgrown the fabulousness known as LFO, which has been my pandora station of choice. Uh really – the first time I had it on, it played LFO, then Spice Girls, then Backstreet Boys. SOLD.

4. In a few days I’m going to show you something with bacon and bourbon that is totally not these beans at all. You are going to hate my guts.

5. Someone posted this amazing photo on the How Sweet facebook page and it basically just, ugh… sums up MY ENTIRE LIFE.

6. Over the weekend I saw a bumper sticker that read “guns don’t kill people, people with mustaches kill people.” This reminded me of the time my husband grew a mustache to win a bet or something and I wouldn’t talk to him for a month. Remember this? Remember what a creeper he looked like? No, I’m not linking it because it’s DISGUSTING. Remember how I refused to cook him dinner until he shaved? I win.

7. Losing my freaking mind over these cupcakes. No, seriously.

8. You know you’re a food blogger when… you overflow a glass purposely after it overflowed on it’s own. Again. Twice in one week people. My life is sad.

9. Pretty annoyed that my phone continuously auto-corrects “funner” to “dinner.” Um no, it would not be so much “dinner” if you were here. Get it right phone.

10. Guess what? I’m drinking iced coffee a lot. It’s official. I feel old. It has a TON of sugar in it. I don’t have kids, I love my job, I get enough sleep and am an early riser. This isn’t fair. No MTV plus being a coffee drinker. I don’t like.

11. Oh! I’m back in California! I’m losing my mind. Help me. It’s so so so beautiful, but I’m a major homebody. At this point I don’t think I’m going to travel until 2037. Lock me up and throw away the key.

61 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Valarie — July 10, 2012 @ 4:09 pm

“I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch…I’d take her if I had one wish….but she’s been gone since that summer, since that summer…..” sigh. I’ll have that stuck in my head the rest of the afternoon…

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — July 10, 2012 @ 4:13 pm

Oh Jess, I hear ya on the cantaloupes. Only I’ve got a (literally) much bigger problem. I’m devouring WAY too many watermelons!!!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — July 10, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

I am LOVING that bacon sign. Literally laughing out loud Jessica! Summergirls is my favorite song. I’m not even close to kidding. And I ate an entire watermelon by myself this weekend…. ;)

naomi — July 10, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

Okay, wait-I do the same exact freaking thing . . . “Overflow please happen again, just more slowly, so I snap and freeze frame you”.

Cate — July 10, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

Watched a bit of a Hills marathon on MTV yesterday morning while “working from home”. I must find listen to that Pandora station and I found those cupcakes on Pinterest the other day. Oh. My. Gosh.

Louisa — July 10, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

Oh cantaloupes…my boyfriend and I recently shared a cantaloupe and a pineapple in one sitting and it was SO good. Also, those cupcakes look amazing! I just wish I could get my hands on some Biscoff, it looks divine.

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers — July 10, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

bravo is the adult MTV. :)

• lclikessnacks — July 11th, 2012 @ 12:24 pm

This statement could not be more true, Andy Cohen is a TV genius! :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — July 10, 2012 @ 4:35 pm

Was wondering how the trip was going. Hopefully it’s fabulous. Drinking coffee and outgrowing MTV, I hear ya. But that’s what Bravo and the E Channel are for, right? :)

Milisa @ Miss in the Kitchen — July 10, 2012 @ 4:38 pm

You are so funny, cracking me up and making my Tuesday better.

Katie @ Katie Moves — July 10, 2012 @ 4:39 pm

i love cupcakes….and bacon. i’ve been overloading myself on blackberries and strawberries these days..like to the point where i’m super bloated!

MikeVFMK — July 10, 2012 @ 4:39 pm

Ya make me laugh. That is all. Happy California Tuesday.

j3nn — July 10, 2012 @ 4:50 pm

I outgrew MTV when they actually had music on, and that was a LONG, long time ago. So yeah. Pass the coffee… and Metamucil. :|

Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy — July 10, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

Oh, I am with you on number 2! I used to live for The Hills and Laguna and now I have no idea what the new “hip” show is. I bet I would hate it though!

Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy — July 10, 2012 @ 4:54 pm

I loved Laguna Beach so much that I traveled 8,000 miles from the UK to see the scenery – it is beautiful!

JulieD — July 10, 2012 @ 4:55 pm

Does that what it means now that I have turned into a total coffee drinker now? ugh And I’m like your grandma because I outgrew MTV years ago. I’m dying over those cupcakes too. I want to go home but I want to bring my husband and my dogs and cats back out here. It’s so freakin’ beautiful out here.

Megan {Country Cleaver} — July 10, 2012 @ 4:59 pm

LFO and 98 degrees were mai jamz!! Have fun in Cali! Seriously, I’m going to have to stop stalking your, Jess’s and Tina’s Instagrams. It’s killin’ me!

Millie — July 10, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

LFO! wow – i forgot about them! haha… i have to say i was a total BSB girl but did love me some LFO. oh boy bands… :) oh and iced coffee? obsessed!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — July 10, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

You should take what’s on that sign and put it on a shirt. It could be the official How Sweet It Is shirt!

Cait's Plate — July 10, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

I’m the same way – I love to travel but I definitely can’t do too much of it. Too much of a homebody.

Also that bacon sign? Amazing. Or, in the words of Shoshana “AMAZE.” :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — July 10, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

Oh my goodness … that “poem” is absolutely hilarious! That just made my day!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — July 10, 2012 @ 5:27 pm

That poem is amazing, LFO is amazing, MTV used to be amazing, beer in mason jars is amazing, blah blah blah I’m pretty aure it can all be summed up by saying: you and your blog are amazing.

Kristin — July 10, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

So last week, I was in the cardio room at the gym. The Hills was on. The GOOD episodes from 2006. You know, before Heidi went crazy and all. And at the bottom of the screen it was hash tagged #retromtv. What the hell?! Those are my college days you are calling “retro”, MTV! Not fair.
    I miss those days. The stuff on there now just isn’t worth it.
    Oh, and I’m pretty sure that I now want a beer in a mason jar.

lynn @ the actor's diet — July 10, 2012 @ 5:37 pm

i’ve outgrown MTV too. so sad. but i’m eating a ton of melon and they are freaking amazing right now.

Chelsea — July 10, 2012 @ 5:45 pm

I hear ya on MTV – I didn’t think the time would come. I don’t even watch Real World any more. However, I do still watch Teen Mom and Awkward. Yep, almost 30…getting old is dumb.

christina @ ovenadventures — July 10, 2012 @ 5:51 pm

Ok so today is Tuesday. The world is right again. lol. that “poem” is awesome. i totally want to get it printed on a shirt for my bf.

Ali @ Gimme Some Oven — July 10, 2012 @ 5:52 pm

I’m in your same boat and happily LIVE on iced coffee. So good!!!

Marisa — July 10, 2012 @ 5:53 pm

Too funny! Thanks for the laughs and kitchen inspiration, as per usual :)

Sarah @ The Cyclist's Wife — July 10, 2012 @ 6:07 pm

That sign is freaking awesome. Bacon. Where in CA are you? We are boiling at 104 degrees here in Nor Cal today.

Jess — July 10, 2012 @ 6:13 pm

I thought I was too old for MTV until they started playing reruns of The Hills.

Lauren — July 10, 2012 @ 6:13 pm

I had to laugh about the mustache part. My dad has had a mustache literally forever. Well, when I was growing up he one time shaved it off…and I was around six years old at the time. I had no idea who he was and ran screaming from him like a banshee. I wouldn’t let him come near me until it grew back.

Mr. How Sweet — July 10, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

‘You know why I’m mad. You know what you did!’

Team LC for life.

• Claire — July 10th, 2012 @ 7:28 pm

I fully support this.

• lclikessnacks — July 11th, 2012 @ 12:25 pm

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — July 10, 2012 @ 6:46 pm

1. MTV has been having Laguna Beach and The Hills marathon episodes in the mornings lately. I about died when I turned it on.

2. I still watch the Real World – no shame.

3. I once met LFO when I was in high school. It was one of my greatest days.

4. The next time you go to CA, you need to smuggle me in your suitcase. Come on!

Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats — July 10, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

Glad you enjoyed the bacon picture!!! :)

Stacey! — July 10, 2012 @ 9:36 pm

I had the best of intentions today. I had steel cut oats, salad for lunch, salad for dinner. Then I had waffles with strawberry syrup for second dinner. Now I’m having champagne for dessert. My point is, I’m drinking my champagne and reading your Tuesday Things and being sad we aren’t friends in real life. When I read these, I feel like we’re playing girl talk. Have fun in CA!

Jessica @{Chic Sugar} — July 10, 2012 @ 9:56 pm

I think every single thing you posted is something I do, like, or think! It’s good to know there are more of us out there! It’s like we are having a conversation about all these random things! The other day, my boyfriend left a mustache after shaving for about half an hour just to freak me out (ummm, it worked!)

Thanks for a good laugh on a Tuesday!

Kenz — July 10, 2012 @ 10:33 pm

Bah! I created the LFO pandora station after reading this, and now several hours later I still just can’t stop dancing wildly and being giddily happy. I am never switching back to my other stations…ever.

carrie (acts.of.rebellion) — July 10, 2012 @ 11:36 pm

omg…love me some LFO… “new kids on the block had a bunch of hits, chinese food makes me sick, and i think it’s fly when girls stop by for the summa, for the summa.”….you totally have that stuck in your head now right?? haha. :)

Samantha — July 10, 2012 @ 11:40 pm

I miss the good MTV before all this stupid crap came on. I miss the hills, I miss when nick and Jessica had their own reality tv show, I miss tlc, luguana, and especially the real world. Now they have stupid stuff like jersey shore. And LFO was amazing. Nysnc was my very first concert.

Jennifer R. — July 11, 2012 @ 7:59 am

Do you make your own granola? If so what is your recipe or where did you buy this granola?

Amy W — July 11, 2012 @ 8:27 am

Soooo I was watching TV… Do not for the life of me remember what I was watching but anyways, there is this bar that has beer and bacon night. You go in, order a beer and then they bring you a giant bowl of crispy bacon. I immediately thought of you. And I really want to go.

• Amy W — July 11th, 2012 @ 8:29 am

I googled it. Once a month “Beer and Bacon Happy Hour” at a bar in Baltimore called Bad Decisions. Ummm how perfect is that?!

carolyn — July 11, 2012 @ 8:36 am

I only found out like a month ago that LFO’s Rich died two years ago… my 12-year-old self is STILL HEARTBROKEN.

Katie @ ohshineon — July 11, 2012 @ 8:36 am

I wish I could say I was eating cantaloupes and giant watermelons daily. Do bags of vanilla finger cookies and frozen york mint peppermint patties count? They could be in the same department… I’ll definitely argue that one.

Tessa at Girl with a Teacup — July 11, 2012 @ 8:37 am

You are hilarious and I love reading your blog. It puts a smile on my face every single day, without fail!

Kim C. — July 11, 2012 @ 9:33 am
    Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — July 11, 2012 @ 10:35 am

Echoing your fresh fruit craze over here, too. Just “rediscovered” granola and I can’t get enough of the stuff. Fruit parfaits all day erryday. It’s major. Also, where in California are you? Wouldn’t it be totally awesome if we ran into each other in the cookie butter aisle at Trader Joe’s? We could have a cookie butter eating party and watch bad TV because sadly, I’m still hooked. Pretty Little Liars, anyone?!

kyla — July 11, 2012 @ 10:40 am

The first season of Laguna Beach was amazing, I loooved LC and Lo. Likewise, the first few seasons of “The Hills” were pretty amazing too until Spencer came into the picture. Gaaaaah Heidi should have listened to Lauren and never continued to date him.

Maggie — July 11, 2012 @ 10:46 am

I look forward to your “Tuesday Things” every week! Thanks for sharing and making me laugh!

Mia — July 11, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

I gave up on MTV when TRL started showing more screaming teens than videos. So..in like 1949 or something. However, I don’t drink coffee except when studying and I watch A LOT of Bridezillas, any show with anyone’s wife (Basketball Wives, Mob Wives, Real Housewives, etc), and anything with any whiff of a Kardashian. So…I’m not a real adult, right? Possibly not even a real person.

I don’t really understand Biscoff. It seems to be everywhere, but I don’t understand what it is or why people like it so much. Plus, I’m allergic to virtually all nuts, so I’ve never been into peanut butter, nutella, or other things with those textures. I’ve gathered that Biscoff is nut-free (right?), but I’m so unexcited about the texture that I just can’t motivate myself to try it. Those cupcakes do look pretty awesome, though…

Nichole Livengood — July 11, 2012 @ 2:13 pm

Umm, LOVE The Hills! You watching Early morning MTV Hills and LG reruns? Love them for runnin them for us married ladies who totally lived vicariously… Lmao when I saw the bacon sign. Sending to all my foodie friends/expoets. What is in the said glass u overflowed? Anything cool? Have u tried a beergarita? Yum!!!!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — July 11, 2012 @ 4:36 pm

That sign is the absolute best and really just sums up life in general

1. Pingback: Thursday Theories | Fell Together Fabulous