Simple Sesame Chicken Skillet.
Hello Monday. You aren’t pretty.
I don’t mean to be a bully, but seriously? You sort of suck. I think I’m done with this whole “doing fun things” on the weekends and then having a Monday that consists of a… Monday.
And my “doing fun things” translates to pot pie on Saturday night and may as well equal early bird specials and senior citizen discounts but so what? Even that is pretty much better than most hours that will occupy this day. Whomp whomp.
On Mondays, in no particular order I want to:
eat chocolate cake
drink the leftover wine (wait… what?)
sleep, like all day
not open my computer
take a long nap
wake up and watch all the shows i DVRed sunday night
not see peanut butter m&m’s sitting on my counter
take an even longer nap
ponder all the shows i watched since they’re real life
go shopping because i browsed beauty blogs all morning
not do laundry
not unload the dishwasher (um hi worst chore ever)
eat a dinner consisting of pancakes
Hmmm. Think that about covers it.
Instead of doing all of those lovely things, I’m gonna be a grown up since I’m almost 30 and stuff like that. Work work work, maybe some play, maybe some chocolate, eh… we’ll see how it goes. Probably finish it off with a nice little balanced dinner… something like this chicken… that’s a little sticky and sweet and covered in sesame seeds because OMGilovethem. And before we know it, it’s Tuesdeeee.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- brown rice and vegetables for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, whisk together chicken stock, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, garlic cloves, soy sauce and vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Toss chicken with salt, pepper and flour. Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil to skillet, and once hot, add chicken in a single layer. Cook until seared and golden on one side, then flip and cook until golden again, about 2-3 minutes. Pour chicken stock mixture over top and toss to coat, then turn off heat. Place skillet in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cover with sesame seeds. Serve with veggie of your choice and brown rice.
Happy happy joy joy.