1. Do you know what I have no idea how to do? Make those cute little emoticons in text messages and on instagram and just with my iPhone in general. I can’t figure it out. It’s like I’m a granny. I see people put all these cute little faces and even food things! in their messages, and I’m stumped. Though it’s probably for the best, because I am sure I would annoyingly overuse them like everything else in my life.
2. I’m on an itty bitty muffin binge. Excellent, since you know, well… Halloween candy. It’s my answer and excuse for everything. What’s for dinner tonight? HALLOWEEN CANDY. Why aren’t you cooking anything? HALLOWEEN CANDY. What sounds good to eat right now? HALLOWEEN CANDY. It’s bad. But anyway, I am oogling these quinoa muffins and healthy apple cinnamon muffins. Oooooh so good.
3. Last week, before the new episode of Homeland on Sunday, I watched the previous episode six times. SIX TIMES people. Oompf. I can’t get enough. And while we’re at it, I have a crazy obsession with Nashville too. Oh and before you think that I lay on the couch all day and watch TV (which I sometimes do), I mostly DVR everything and watch it while I edit photos or do some sort of work that doesn’t require 100% of my attention. But I still have no life. Trust me.
4. On Saturday I had lunch with Jessica and ate that glorious pizza above. I ridiculously wore hot pink heels to a serious farm to table restaurant and could feel the glares burning into my head, as well as the horrifying stares as I click-clunked all over the place while walking. Then right as we were about the eat, the most gigantic mosquito ever (no really) planted itself about two inches from my head and decided to just… stay there. I had a meltdown and the man at the table behind us had to come kill the mosquito. Do we think I can show my face there again? I am so embarrassing.
5. Speaking of the above, say hello to the most amazing list ever: 25 things you should stop caring about. YES.
6. I have seriously been sucked into all those crazy you tube beauty videos and like all other trends, I’m about four years late to the party. I lay in bed at night and watch these videos on my iPad and before I know it, it’s 2AM and I already have anxiety about how much I’ll hate life in the morning but I can’t.stop.watching. Then I need to figure out what to do about the bags under my eyes since I stayed up all night watching beauty videos, so I watch more beauty videos. Then I realize that I’m watching people like ten years younger than me telling me what to do about my bags and I want to punt my computer across the floooor.
7. Uh, how about SLEEP. That is what I should be doing.
8. Tons of you have been alerting me to the fact that, OMG, Lisa Frank stuff is available at Urban Outfitters. Um. You know me so well.
9. Because the first sentence is utterly perfect, please read all about unfriending people on the internet. Then agree with me that no, we do not EVER need to have high school class reunions again, ever. Taylor Swift style. If we want to reunite with somebody, preeeeeetty sure we can find them. Unfortunately.
10. The Chinese restaurant a few miles away knows my husband by name and order now. It’s like that episode of Sex and the City where they know Miranda’s order by heart and she takes offense. However, I think he sort of likes it and it’s making his life easier. I think it’s becoming one of his food phases, like his addiction to diet Mountain Dew and peanut butter and jelly and English muffins. That would be why I have so many leftover fortune cookies. Clearly he missed the memo on my little weekly menu down there in the footer.
11. Do you think I can get a fortune that will tell me the ending to Homeland, or say something like “Homeland will be on every single day now for the rest of your life, enjoy!”? I need some magic. Or better yet, a fortune that says “your life will become more interesting very soon.” Please.
46 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
The emoticons are from Emoji! It’s an app!
I bought a Lisa Frank notebook from Urban Outfitters the day I found out they were selling the stuff! I’m obsessed. I want to bring it to work, but for some reason I think the two [male] attorneys I work for might not appreciate it like I do.
Hi girl! Love your blog and read it all the time. Your recipes are amazing. You get those emoticons by downloading the app Emoji Free! And then they will appear as another keyboard when you go to text. Hope that helps.
Love the story about the heels/clip-clopping thru the Farm-to-table restaurant and the glares. And the mosquito. That is so classic. Reminds me of a time when I went to this uber Green, local, organic, raw, vegan food in San Fran and was decked out to the nines like I was going to a Vegas bar. This was like 10 years ago and I still remember it. Lol Thanks for the memories :)
I love your blog so much. You crack me up!!!
so, thank you!
#10 – we had a restaurant like this when we lived downtown in the city and everything delivered. the girl would unabashedly flirt with Jason, knew HIS NUMBER when it came up on the call id, and would deliver our order whenever she could. crazy. but… we loved that place.
and I JUST had a conversation about class reunions and how they are unnecessary… my whole high school class is on facebook.
I can’t even.
How about the little girl that knew like the exact genus and species and basically wanted to have tea with it, making us look like complete psychos?!
Love your Tuesday things! And your recipes :)
Downloading that app now because I’ve been wondering the same thing. And I love that Facebook article. Totally agree.
Alright….that’s it. I’m going to have to start watching Homeland.
Also, love those 25 things! :) And just say NO to hs reunions!!! ;)
You don’t need the emoji app. They are already on your iPhone, but you have to turn the option on. Go to settings > general > keyboard > keyboards > add new keyboard > Emoji. Once you check “Emoji” it will be added to your keyboard so that when your keyboard pops up you will have a little world icon to the left of the space bar. Touch this icon and a library of emoji characters will be available. Enjoy!!
thanks for the tip! just did this!
OMG, thank you! I’ve been wondering how to do this for FOREVER but felt like a dork and didn’t want to ask :)
Yep, everyone’s right – download the emoji app! :)
Go to settings – general – keyboard – keyboards – add new keyboard – scroll down to Emoji! Then when you go to text there will be a little globe icon next to the space bar, use that to switch between letters and icons!
Also, I love the thought catalog links! I’m on that website all the time!
You don’t even need an app for Emoji – it’s a language! Add it as a Keyboard language and then click the little world while you’re typing and you’ll have tons of options!
Nashville is so good! LOVE Connie Britton (Rayna) and how evil is Hayden’s character??? Ugh, I just want to smack her.
So jealous of your meet up!
And seriously with the high school reunions. My class just started a group to plan ours… two years from now. I graduated with 57 people and I’m definitely FB friends with most of them. What would we even do? Oh, I know, we’d sit on hay bails and drink Keystone Light. How can I pass that up?
I have not loved a tv show as much as Homeland since Buffy. Seriously. It’s like a movie every week. The interrogation by Carrie… GENIUS. I felt every word!
I love Homeland!!! I can’t wait to see what happens next :)
WAIT……they’re calling Lisa Frank “vintage”??! That’s not okay.
Yup! Emoiji! My favorite is the pile of poo…because I am actually 5 years old.
That pizza looks awesome, but I bet the pink high heels looked even better!! I saw the Lisa Frank stuff….haha!
I love this post. I’m equal parts glad and frightened that I now know about Lisa Frank on Urban Outfitters. I don’t know if I can control myself. Also? My local Chinese place used too know me, and now, when I rarely order, they say, “We miss you!” and I feel guilty! I kind of love that they know me still.
Now I won’t be able to stop thinking about pizza until I have it. You knew that was going to happen, didn’t you? I don’t know how to make smilies and such on IG either.
My friends had to tell me the emoticons were an app recently. Then of course I sent all sorts of inappropriate messages with pictures that have nothing to do with the conversation!!
Lisa Frank? Yes!!
I love Lisa Frank! Apparently it is not ok to be a 31 year old with a Lisa Frank trapper keeper : )
I absolutely adore you and your blog! I mean Lisa Frank! How awesome! And you totally got me hooked on thoughtcatalog!
You will both love and hate me in equal measures when I tell you that you must visit http://www.katiepuckriksmells.com , and her Youtube channel, for the best-informed and most entertaining perfume reviews ever. I, too, sleep less than I should since I found those to watch of an evening. :)
I love that you’re obsessed with Homeland too! My husband and I make an event out of every episode and make a ton of our favourite food- sooo not good for our waistlines. Don’t think we can match your 6 viewings of one episode though! Cracked up about your hot pink heels story… mostly because I can totally relate! I once dated a guy who’s family lived on a farm, and I once wore my favourite high heeled boots on a date with him… totally forgetting we were going to be visiting his family! I felt like the city mouse visiting the country mice- totally out of place and sooo embarassed. This is where I should mention that I ended up marrying that wonderful guy and his (also wonderful) family have never let me live that down!
#6 killed me….that is my life. That + The Ellen Show YT videos. Ugh.
Nashville!!!! So good. And I keep trying to find the music because I NEED it but it’s nowhere last time I checked. They say it will be available but I suspect they are lying to me and I might be inspired to record it off the TV, 4th grade style. No, wait… I think I found it: http://abc.go.com/music-lounge/show/nashville/966386
Also I watched every single episode of Homeland in like 48 hours. It’s a problem.
#10 Monday night the bf came over with Chinese (for himself, I’m not a huge Chinese takeout fan :/) and was SO proud that the ladies at his restaurant “just always know his order and always give him extra duck sauce bc they know he likes it” — this is when I reminded him of the SATC episode where Miranda gets a complex bc the Chinese restaurant she always calls knows her order and then she feels like they are laughing at her etc etc. Of course he had never seen this nor knew what I was talking about nor wanted to listen to it lol. Moral of story: let’s not be proud when one has the moment of realization that the Chinese takeout place ‘knows your order”…?! Yea. Perhaps. (sorry mr. how sweet — and ps WHY is he eating chinese, i’d plant my face into all the delicious food you make on the daily — mr how sweet and i need to have a CHAT! or else i’m switching spots w him in your house for a while and he can come here and eat chinese takeout w my bf instead lol!!!!! ;) )
I can totally relate to #15 on the 25 things list. That drives me crazy!!! Guess i do need to let it go….
Nashville is simply on television for one reason only. Those of us with a ‘we can’t let it die’ love of Friday Night Lights. Connie Britton is just, well, she is the torch bearer for us. If you are not a die hard fan of Friday Night Lights…well, why NOT? Although if you are not already let me just share this. Kristen, Abby and I have dibs on the coach and Maria worries about telling Josh that their next son has to be named Riggins. When you are over the beauty videos, it’s something new you could check out?
I’m systematically unfriending people that are acting like they are still in HS. Even the what-they-think-of-as-cryptic “get over it” status message gets them an unfriend. C’mon people-the ones who act like that aren’t even worth a response!
Love this post!
Homeland is the adult equivalent of a kid’s Christmas. You get SO EXCITED that it’s FINALLY here, then SO sad when it’s over and you have to wait and wait and wait for it to come again. Christmas generally comes with less handguns and extra-marital affairs though, so I suppose it isn’t the best metaphor.
Anyways, tiding yourself over with several repeats of the last episode is perfectly acceptable. Plus you pick up on so much MORE STUFF!!
I would also like to point out that Hayden’s faux-boobs on Nashville are weird to the point of distraction.
I end up losing sleep b/c I want to read my fav blog posts and write to my own, too!
No wonder I look like a raccoon these days! :0)
I JUST learned how to do that like…two weeks ago, when I got the new iPhone. I was reading a blog post about it and there were instructions about how to add the Emoji keyboard. My mind was BLOWN. I’m still not over it.
thank you for the shout out, gorgeous friend! if you come hang out i’ll make you quinoa muffins, if you make me… anything really. haha
#8 OMG – I clicked on the link to Urban and seriously got so excited. Lisa Frank is/was amazing and I want everything.
Thank you for the link to my apple muffins. I bet they would be good with brown butter. ;)
I need to stop eating halloween candy
start watching homeland
and find my way to urban outfitters
Lisa Fraaaaank. Gah I was in love with her. Sorry, AM.* and luckily my dollar store carries Lisa Frank stuff! Sweetness indeed.
Also, want to trade some Snickers and Reese’s cups for a couple Almond Joys? I’m DYING OVER HERRRE.
OMG…#4 just had me fricking laughing so hard and loud, I cried. That’s absolutely hysterical. And yes, I did try to use that as an opportunity to wake up my husband who is sleeping so peacefully next to me because it is 10:30am and he needs to wake his behind up but, alas, it didn’t work :(
I am so glad that someone else is as obsessed with Homeland as I am. I just don’t understand why we have to wait six days in between episodes.
Hahaha omg I cracked up at the beauty videos one! I just started watching them a couple months ago and I am 32. I was thinking about that the other day… I am watching girls in high school tell me how to do my makeup! So sad but I’m obsessed! And Lisa frank is the best!
This is often i’m searching for. It is exactly what I call valuable. The data provided the following is usually to the best. I must say you must have purchased a while in showing these types of content collectively. They may be matched up with your marketplace. I will recommend these to everybody and every certainly one of my personal associates. I shall come back here to try out the amount of perform well. Appreciate producing this unique take place.