1. My husband went to bed early last night and by the time I got up there, he had stolen all the covers and was sleeping in true toddler-fashion. I took a few pictures and have been sending them to him all day. You can bet he is thrilled. Har har har.
2. Last week, the most amazing Bridget made these cookies and totally blew my mind. I think I cried for about ten minutes straight and I am NOT A CRIER. Though I also cried for about five minutes straight at Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert accepting their CMA and few weeks ago. No idea what is happening to me. But oh my gosh I love Bridget sosososo much.
3. I seriously can not stop eating tacos. Help. Alert the authorities. The taco police, if you will. My corn chip consumption is becoming obscene.
4. Fun stuff and things! Instagram made it possible for us to have web profiles… like our Instagram profiles on all the internets. They are also so cute I could shout.
5. Am I the only one who spends most of yoga thinking about dinner? Sometimes I also think being calm and patient… after eating dinner.
6. Quite possibly the best thing I’ve ever read… 44 things for a girl in the early 2000s. I want to, like, list a few numbers that I can relate too, except for that fact that I basically relate to… everything. Ew.
7. I’m seriously dying over these pumpkin scalloped potatoes. I want to make them so badly next Thursday but considering I almost killed my mother when I brought butternut squash lasagna last year, I’m not exactly at the liberty of changing things up. If you think I don’t like change… yikes.
8. If you watch Homeland, I’m hoping to all things holy that you caught Anne Hathaway’s skit on SNL over the weekend. OMG. It was perfect for this house since Claire Danes’ faces are the sole reason I can’t convince my husband to watch the show. Oh and Brody’s little mouth. I can’t stop laughing.
9. See. This is why I don’t know if I can have children because when would I watch my TV shows? Inquiring minds would like to know. I’m sort of joking. But not.
10. Because… WHY IS EVERYONE DOING GROWN UP THINGS. I can’t handle it.
11. What are you having for dinner tonight? Now that my husband is home for the first time in about eight weeks, I’ve been having to cook more and I sort of hate the lack of my trash TV/wine for dinner/lazy night routine. Boo hoo. Remember my little weekly menu bar at the bottom of my site? I’ve soooo been utilizing it for this! For once I’m following something other than a discount sign outside of one of my favorite stores.
12. I generally liked school as a kid, at least until I had to do start doing atrocious amounts of work that I loathed (hello math, science and anything else with numbers) and thinking about my future… but this was definitely my life. Every.Single.One.
41 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I LOVE taking pictures of my husband while he’s sleeping and torturing him with them – they are hilarious! I’d post one somewhere but I’d be afraid of what his retaliation would be! haha
#8!!!! I almost texted you but fell asleep and forgot. Bahahaa :) And #12…also, every.single.one.
I feel like I just failed girl 101 after reading that list. But I redeem myself by totally getting everything on the school days list! Win! (ish)
OMG HIS SMALL MOUTH! I never even thought about that. It’s tiny SO WEIRD! HA.
I don’t read Thought Catalogue . . . because I just wait for your Tuesday Things and catch up on the highlights from that!! :-)
Lovin’ your Instagram profile! I’m following! Your list of things is great! Loved that speed acceptance, too. :)
Tooooootally saw Anne’s chin doin’ the Claire Danes QUIVER. That quiver goes back to the early days, ya know. That quiver made its name by the lockers on My So Called Life.
THAT QUIVER……okay I’ll cheel.
I think you should post said pics of your hubby :)
Love your Tuesday things, always!
Love the list, and I can not stop eating tacos too! They have this organic Taco truck in Honoken, NJ and the serve one of my all time favorite taco: fried catfish, with red cabbage and chipotle mayo and a liitle lemon wedge! It is amazing!
oh 5-7-9. it was pretty much favorite place to shop in high school.
and the t.v./kid thing is a problem i still haven’t solved 3 years into parenthood. if we had a DVR all my problems would solved i think.
I am not afraid to admit that I really miss Bill Nye…. and Wishbone, does anyone else remember that show??
YES! Oh my gosh, the best shows are those that are no longer on TV :-(
Wait… am I not supposed to wear frosting lip gloss anymore? Crap… and I still totally love faux hawks.
I am almost embarrassed to admit I can relate to pretty much everything on that 2000s girl list.
As well as the middle school. The parachute was magical.
I feel so old. :(
Have you ever tried The Pioneer Woman’s chicken tacos? http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/03/my-brothers-chicken-tacos/ They taste like those Jack in the Box ones but better!
SHHHHH Carrie that’s a secret that only everyone knows!
Never seen the show but I’m dying over the sketch!
Blake and Miranda accepting that award was so so so cute. I completely agree.
Yup, I’m pregnant, so doing a boring grown up thing. I have honestly thought about #9 alot, haha! I will have a 2 month old when True Blood and Breaking Bad make their returns. I have a feeling my DVR will be full. I NEED those shows :)
Such an enjoyable read!
Ok this sounds cheesy but I totally cried when I saw Bridget’s post about those cookies for you when I read it last week! I thought to myself, wow, to have friends like that is just…amazing and such a blessing. And I’ve thought about it many times the past week. I am happy that you have true friends like that! Such a gift and blessing!
Always love your Tuesday things but LOVED this week! #6 reminds me of every college haha express pants with no back pockets; special trips to Century 3 just to go to 5-7-9. #8 love it! #12 so true
Sometimes I read theThought Catalogs and laugh only cause I know everyone else is, even though I kinda don’t get it (i’m lame…) but definitely loved the ones today. Yup. Yup. Yup and yup.
OMG the berenstein bears were my fave and the tv’s on the rolly cart…classic! For dinner I am having a kale salad w/ poppyseed dressing, baked cinnamon honey chicken, and roasted delicata squash. Dessert will probably be a big bowl of fruit w/ chobani. :)
Tell us more about your big 3-0 birthday bash!!!
I have no idea what we’re eating for dinner…but I found time to bake some peanut butter chocolate-chip cookies. :) Priorities off much?
I order Mr. Sketch markers for my art classes… they are the best!!
Um, that school article? Yeah, I still live those moments every day. Including Bill Nye in science class (which makes me feel old when I tell my kids I watched him in my fifth grade class 15 years ago – ugh.) and book orders. THE BOOK FAIR STARTS TOMORROW!!!
Um the homeland skit made my week.
I’ve totally done that “hehehehe, you are sleeping” picture stunt too! Hope yours came out better than mine. I was left with “do you see that darker blob in the middle of all of the dark stuff? That’s you”
#12. every.single.one. :)
answer to watching your shows when you have kids, won’t ever happen. All you will watch is kids shows just to get time to yourself!
Those cookies were amazing!! i wish i had the patience to do something like that.
Also I went to trader joes for the first time last week and i was in heaven! The only one in western new york is over an hour from me!!!! I finally got there and i’m sort of glad its so far away, otherwise i would be completely broke!!!
and happy belated birthday!
I somehow managed to have three kids and yes, your tv viewing goes down a bit. Actually when you only have one it can increase since you have to do SOMETHING while you’re feeding/changing/entertaining the child. Now I have three or four hours in the evening to watch only the best shows! Also, thank you for curating the perfect thought catalog articles for me. So true!
Um, number 9? I wonder the same thing ALL.THE.TIME. I mean, the DVR revolutionized the way I watch TV, sure, but I barely have time for all the shows I record now, how on earth would I do it when there’s an energy-sucking kid to take care of?
I love reading your Tuesday things! They’re so fun.
At first I thought I was little too old for your 2000s list, but then I saw the cookies that Bridget made you, and we are the same age, so maybe it’s just that I was too rural. There are not any Hot Topics or F21’s where I grew up. I was deprived.
Also, I get to meet Bill Nye next February. How jealous are you right now. Probably a lot, because I’m jealous of me, too.
My husband will feel much better knowing he’s not the only man out there that receives pics and videos of him asleep or snoring loudly away!!! Cracks me up! I am afraid he’ll get me back one day, but until then,……I’ll keep doing it!!! bahahahaha
I loved every second of making (and eating) those cookies!!! :)
Totally going to try the picture thing of my husband….except maybe I’ll make it a video so that he can hear the snoring.
#6. EVERY.SINGLE.THING. on that list !! I miss those dayss
not sure if you’ve posted about this lately…
So first I was going to comment on the girl in the early 2000’s thing….. and then I read 10 Ways 90’s Kids Made it Through School. Oh my god. Every single thing on that list. so good.
Ha! I’m so glad I’m not the only one who cried at the CMAs! Seriously, Miranda was so sincere, I just couldn’t help it!
#5 holy accurateness, literally laughed out loud.