Sparkly White Chocolate Lemon Truffles.
Sometimes I get in weird moods and make things with lemon.
This is weird because I am soooo not a lemon girl. I’m an I-want-cheesecake, give-me-treats-so-rich-they-make-my-teeth-hurt and I-don’t-even-trust-you-if-you-attempt-to-feed-me-fruit-for-dessert type of girl.
It’s just who I am. And it’s not going anywhere.
And fruit isn’t dessert. Don’t even start.
There’s been a few of those instances though where I end up craving something with lemon for one reason or another – it just tastes FRESH. And what’s even stranger is that white chocolate is never my drug of choice, yet here… it seemed perfect.
And then I went and covered everything in these sparkly sugar crystals and well, heck. Do these have my name on it or what? It’s like candy with glitter. !!!!
Could it BE any more perfect?
- 10 ounces high-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1 drop lemon extract or pure lemon oil
- the zest of half a lemon
- white sanding sugar for coating
- Add white chocolate and butter to a bowl, then microwave on medium power for 30 seconds. Stir a few times, then microwave for 20 more seconds.
- Add heavy cream and corn syrup to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat just until bubbles appear on the edges. This will happen quickly! Immediately pour the cream over the melted chocolate and butter, stirring well for a few minutes until combined. Stir in the drop of lemon oil and lemon zest, mixing to combine. Place in the fridge (or even the freezer) for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and scoop out teaspoon-size balls of chocolate with a melon scooper or small spoon. Roll them into balls and dip in the sanding sugar, coating completely. These hold up great at room temperature but I tend to store them in the fridge.
I think I’m going to start covering all of my food in sparkles.