1. Above is my new favorite meal. My cousin made me this pumpkin ravioli with caramelized shallots and garlic and spinach and brown butter and parmesan and a whole lot of amazingness. I am in love. This is like… me. I then made it again with some butternut squash ravioli and goat cheese this past week. I’m never eating anything again.
2. I talked about it on the How Sweet Facebook page but it should come as no surprise that I freaking loooove the Pistol Annies. It’s just that they make me want to burn stuff down and drink straight whiskey. They make me want to be so bad ass. I am so not.
3. Despite today’s recipe I’m still in a bit of a cookie rut. The only thing standing out to me are these phenomenal little flourless chocolate drops. Ummmmm. They look like little bites of fudge! I can’t stand it.
4. Uh… Homeland? I’m dying. Wait, can Homeland even continue now given the events of Sunday’s episode? I hope it doesn’t go off the deep end. Additionally, I find Abu Nazir weirdly hot. I hate myself. Let’s discuss this.
5. So therefore: the stages of getting addicted to Homeland. IT IS AN ADDICTION. I fear for how I will live after next Sunday. I don’t know what I’m going to do for like, 359 days. Besides think of nuzzling Saul’s beard. omggggg.
6. Every time I see a preview for Les Mis I feel like my heart and face are going to spontaneously combust. I’m proposing we give up this whole christmas day thing and just go sit in a movie theater so I can stare at this perfect mess. Alright I’m done talking about TV and movies.
7. Last night I had a dinner trifecta: grainy bread, burrata and prosciutto. If I didn’t wake up this morning I think I would have been okay going out like that.
8. I spent this past weekend with my friend Jessica having a legit sleepover and doing things like playing with makeup and just generally acting like a 13 year old girl. Oh except for the wine. No wine for this 13 year old.
9. Are bermuda shorts really supposed to be a trend in spring 2013? Is this a thing now? Are we really doing this? No. Just no.
10. Oh look: it’s like the only way I can eat vegetables, ever. Hello lover. I am definitely frying brussels sprouts the next chance I get.
11. I am still having the most difficult time getting in the Christmas spirit. It might be because 1. it’s warm outside and 2. I’m old now but I haaaaate it. Put me in the spirit, please. Ooooh, but what is helping is the whole Blake Shelton plus Michael Buble’s new version of Home. What? Life = made. Is this what heaven sounds like?
12. Number 9. That is all.
13. Wait. I wasn’t going to share any more Thought Catalog stuff about being in your 20s except I still totally feel like I’m in my 20s. Heck, I feel like I’m 17. And not just because I want to wear glitter eyeshadow 24/7. But I definitely do want to do that. So indulge me. And let’s have some of that drunken majesty that is eggnog. They are right, it does sound better when you learn that it’s spiked.
48 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
OMG that 24 link. It’s like they crawled inside my head! Why is that show so good and what are they going to do to keep it that way after this last episode?!?!
And by 24 I obviously mean Homeland, which has filled the gaping hole that was created in my life when 24 ended. ;)
oh my gosh homeland don’t even get me started!! I dont know what I am going to do with my Sunday nights! Good thing Downton Abbey returns January 6th!
My parents always made Christmas so magical. I have a hard time amping myself up for the same excitement as an adult. So I cheat by trying to see Christmas through my kids’ eyes :)
Bermuda shorts? Hmm…
Do you have a recipe for the sauce for the pumpkin ravioli? I just picked up some pumpkin ravioli at Trader Joe’s & was looking for a sauce for it!
I LOVE BERMUDA SHORTS!! and not even in the hipster way. please don’t hate?
well, at least don’t hate because of that. you can for the fact that I have never watched Homeland.
*cringes and ducks*
I have a few cookie recipes to share! Go Greek! Melomakarouna, kourambiethes, koulourakia!! The possibilities are endless. xoxo
I still think my life will turn out like friends…except I have a cat and live nowhere near my girls. Dang!
I watched Homeland last night and was FLIPPING. OUT. And um, did you guys watch Walking Dead yet?? Ugh. PS- thanks again for hosting our sleepover <3
Wait, did you say Blake Shelton AND Michael Buble singing Home? Pardon me whilst I faint onto my keyboard. I know Phillip Phillips is the new end-all-be-all, ya da ya da ya da…but B.S. and M.B. together on one track might Actually solve world peace. GAH!!! *slides out of chair*
And I too, have an odd fascination with men with beards. Ben totally hates it and think I married him just for his bear growing capabilities.
I love brussels sprouts! I happen to have some in the fridge, but I just finished 3 finals today and it is delivery pizza for me, they will be on the menu tomorrow. The thought catalog post is insanely funny and quite accurate.
Tracy’s fudge cookies had me mesmerized last week or whenever it was I read that post —mmm, I want one now. And I want a sleepover, girltalk, complete with plenty of wine…and chocolate!
I HIGHLY suggest making these cookies. Insta-Christmas spirit.
They’ve been a staple the last couple Christmases :)
Speaking of Saul’s beard, did you know that the actor who plays Saul is the same actor who played Inigo Montoya (you killed my father, prepare to die) in Princess Bride?! My dad pointed it out to me yesterday – MIND. BLOWN!!
I will ditch Christmas Day to go see Les Mis with you. Totally serious.
i think i would commit crimes for that ravioli.
Les Mis… I think i die and come back to life about 50 times when i watch the preview. I just can’t.wait.any.longer. Also bermuda shorts? where did this come form and who said it was ok??
your favorite meal looks so much like mine… i got sweet potato and hazelnut ravioli from my farmer’s market and now everything else just tastes second best…
UH YES! Lets discuss Abu Nazir. Totes hot! Lets be straight girls love beards and secrecy.
I will give up Christmas with you to see Les Mis! I need to see this movie the second it comes out. I’ve had I Dreamed a Dream stuck in my head for the past few days. I love. Can you tell that I’m obsessed??
Try these cookies. They turned out amazing and they’re so easy!
I’m pretty excited for Les Miserables, too. Every time I hear that song “I Dreamed a Dream,” it feels like my heart is crying. No matter who sings it! That chocolate cookie looks pretty incredible, I need to hurry up and buy some coconut so I can make it for my gluten-intolerant friend who loves chocolate.
I’m dying at the thought of eating that pumpkin ravioli.
Hey Jessica! I stumbled across your blog and was literally peeing my pants because you and I not only blog similarly, but are struggling with being in our late 20s. I just turned 28. I stil feel like I’m 17 (and look like it too). I’m a dental hygienist (who noone respects because I look like I’m 17). And right now I’m doing a series of blogs on trying to come up with 10 different outfits for a blazer I just bought- the thing is I am living in London for a few months, out of one suitcase, and, well, that’s not ideal for a fashion blogger. So some of the outfits have been hilarious. Anyway, I just thought if you needed another blog to laugh at (and with), you can come visit. Keep writing!
@IAmInfluenced – Twitter
ok so I totally agree with the les mis thing…totally came out of my seat the first time I saw the previews in theatres months ago. Don’t own bermuda shorts and don’t plan to. And I wanr the recipe to the above mentioned ravioli…had mushroom ravioli for dinner that was oh so disappointing but it was frozen so what do you expect…gonna have to doctor it with some brown butter and mizithra cheese next time!!
From #9:Angsty girls on the radio weren’t Taylor Swift. I laughed out loud…..yeah, Alannis was a little more angry than T-Swift :)
It is our Christmas tradition to see a movie on the 25th, and Les Mis is definitely IT. This is one of my favorite musicals– I’ve seen it 3+ times on stage, and I can’t wait to see the movie!
Crazy how much we have in common. My boyfriend acts like I’m so weird when I say the things that I say, then I read your blog and see you saying the same things (Abu Nazir is weirdly attractive! AND I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched the GIRLS s2 trailer!). That being said, love your blog.
Now that we’re back living close to my family we make it a point to have my Dad over at least once every other week for some italian cheese, meats, vino and bread. So what if i break the bank buying the stuff or think my fingers will fall off the next day due to all that sodium in the meats. For that evening, I’m in heaven. Until a transportation device that is quicker and cheaper than airfare is created (Skype doesn’t count), we’ll continue to do this. Last week we even called up my Uncle in Italy and had a virtual dinner. Weirdly interesting, but amazing at the same time!
How in heck did I not know about Pistol Annies?! I have a major girl crush on Maranda Lambert. I will do nothing else but listen to them today.
Bermuda shorts are going in be in style!?! NOOOOOO!!!! They are evil for short people and make my legs look about a foot long.
Oh Homeland, totally taking over my life. Sunday nights I am so anxious watching it I must re-watch it on Monday night and probably again Thursday to get ready for Sunday…I can’t believe I’d ever like Brody, but I’m totally rooting for him now. And OMG hate David Estes! Holy scared/nervous/excited/sad for this next episode !
Pumpkin Ravioli! YUM!
I had a panic attack during the latest episode of Homeland. Not just because of the crazy twists and turns, but because I thought it was the series finale next week. I was so relieved to see that it’s just the season finale.
ALSO, deep fried brussels sprouts?? YES.
OMG! I just saw a picture of the actor that plays Abu Nazir on Instagram. He was wearing a friggen Christmas sweater and you know what? He did look hot! You aren’t alone…. He has nice bone structure and a good smile.
I NEVER get into the Christmas spirit. I can’t wait for it all to be over. I know, Bah Humbug. Can’t help it, I just don’t feel it no matter what I do.
have you read any of sloane crosley’s books? something tells me you would absolutely love them…a whole lot of 90s nonstalgia. hilarious. http://sloanecrosley.com.
NO Bermuda shorts……pleeeeaaasssse!
In 10 yrs and after 2 kids, you’ll be PRAYING bermuda shorts are a trend.
And #10 … wow and yum.
Did I miss the recipe for the ravioli? Looks tasty!
From #9, I’m from Cincinnati and a major BSB fan. We were not forced to like 98 degrees, and it isn’t that special to see them around town.
Where is the pumpkin ravioli recipe? Temptress!!
1- I am ten years older than you, almost, and I totally have the same glitter eye shadow issue as you.
2- I’ve been forcing my kids to listen to Broadway Showstoppers on Pandora in preparation for Les Mis. Yes, I am that mom.
3- I missed the cheese this week,
4- Thankfully it snowed here in Colorado, for like a mili-second, thus forcing me into the holiday spirit.
Would love the recipe for your new favorite recipe!
Um…the fact that you mentioned Blake Shelton & Pistol Annies in one post? Can’t even handle it. Love, love, love them.
I am sure many have already asked but please, please, please share the recipe… that looks amazing!!!
Love the stages of getting addicted to Homeland! That was totally me! LOL at “nuzzle in Saul’s beard”. I am seriously concerned though about how the story will continue! So much goodness!
I’m not sure how I’m going to survive until tomorrow night for Homeland – I need the finale NOW. and Dexter – I’m also addicted to Dexter, except more. Yes, that’s two hours every Sunday without moving.
Love your blog!
YES!!! Abu Nazhir is HOT! Take away the beard and I was all of the sudden like “Oh HELLO, Nazhir!”
I’m really not sure how my life will go on until season 3. Weeks just flew by as I was counting down the hours til Sunday. Sigh.
Love your blog.