1. Even my froyo demonstrates how I manage to cover everything in sprinkles and sparkles and pink. I don’t even like those frosted animal cookies (iced are where it’s at… duh) but I see something hot pink and can’t turn away. Also: can we agree that marshmallow topping is the best ever?
2. Our fridge has decided to start freezing everything. I mean, EVERYTHING. No settings have changed or anything. I think it’s possessed. Does this mean I need to defrost the whole thing or something because I definitely don’t have the patience for that. Frozen chicken stock? Check. Frozen almond milk? Check. Actually, more like chunky almond milk. I poured some over cereal the other day and almost died.
3. I know I just talked about chocolate avocado pudding yesterday but I have to tell you about the real reason I started making chocolate avocado pudding. I… sort of… have an obsession… with those jello pudding cups. I have spent very large portions of my life eating one (okay… two) every day. I love those things. Especially the half chocolate and half vanilla? Oh man. So good.
4. I’m also involved in a severe cinnamon toast obsession at the moment. You know… buttered toast sprinkled with cinnamon sugar? My grandma always used to make it for us and well, it tastes like 1986. Delicious 1986.
5. Setting my weekly bad example: current Kate Spade sample sale! You know you want to. Someone needs to buy all of these so I don’t purchase one.
6. Flipping my lid over this chocolate fudge coconut cake. Whaaaaaa?
7. My husband recently got an iPhone and spent no less than 45 minutes trying to take a “good” picture of his watch on Saturday morning. Whatever that means. Regardless, I think he is taking my fake job a little more seriously now.
8. Being a female that indulges often in both Homeland and Sex and the City, I got a little giggle out of this “are you a carrie or a carrie” article. I’m a… Carrie?
9. Just going to put it out there: the Girls episode that aired this week was my most favorite episode in the history of the show. Ever. I’m pretty sure that if you’ve been a female in her 20s within the last 10 years, you could relate to something in there. I sort of even cried at the end… almost. And I cry at nothing. No really, I have a heart of stone.
10. I had a dream one night last week that I had this incredible kitchen with a built-in nespresso (very specific here, people) machine. Yeah yeah, espresso is not something I drink (unless I feel like being cracked out) but I was infatuated with it and legitimately wrecked when I woke up that it was not real life. I haven’t stopped thinking about it since. I’m also in love with the idea of a lovesac sactional couch. Mostly because I just love walking around and screaming SACTIONAL. Does anyone have one?? Add these to the list of ridiculous items that are so not needed in my life. PS: I’m really fun to live with…
64 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Curse you for telling me about the Kate Spade sample sale…just bought a bag and a bangle. Kate Spade is my weakness!
SACTIONAL. I can’t stop laughing.
Tuesday is my favorite day because of you & Tuesday Things!
My frig was doing that too.
Your drain in your freezer might be stopped up. I have a side by side and once I defrosted my freezer my frig was fine. If you wait too long though it blows part of the motor. And yes, mine is a self-defrosting so why would I have to defrost it?!
I’m googling “Sactional” right now. LOL
I do not recommend the sactional, no matter how fun it is to say. We got one and ended up taking it back. It is sort of oddly shaped (a little too deep or something, hard to explain!) We still have a good ol’ lovesac that my kids and dogs and cats adore!!!
HI – Short time reader… (perhaps) first time commenter!
cinnamon toast – I LOVE IT. I stole the cinnamon bottle that my mom had carefully marked “+sugar” when I got married. 15 years later, that bottle still gets refilled and used frequently. I love that my little boy knows his Grammy (who died long before he was born) put cinnamon and sugar on my toast from the same bottle. With butter of course, lots of butter, so the cinnamon turns dark. Yum.
Re: the refrigerator thing – ours LG fridge started doing the same thing – freezing everything – frozen lettuce sucks. Finally, the lightbulb burned out. When we took out the bulb, it solved the freezing problem. There was some sort of issue with a short somewhere. Having a dark refrigerator is much cheaper than having a repairman come and fix it. We’re slackers like that.
This made me laugh out loud! Seriously, you seem as random as I. As for the Sactional, truly, what is not to love about it? Memory foam cushions? Yes, please. A bajillion different combos to fit ANY freaking home, including my personal favorite– the Play Pen? Where have you been all my life? Then add in the Beaver Phur cover options and I am sold!
You might enjoy this: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/04/the-right-way-and-the-wrong-way-to-make-cinnamon-toast/
It gives you a new perspective on cinnamon toast. I stopped eating butter on toast a solid 15 years ago, but it looks pretty darn tasty.
There is a wallet-ish version of that bag….if you were looking for a more economical option ;)
xoxo from one shopaholic to another
We have a SACTIONAL!!! My husband calls it our lego couch. It’s awesome
You have to check out the sprinkles at William-Sanoma!!!!!
Was Mr. Clooney involved in that Nespresso dream?! ;)
Jessica, I’m absolutely DYING to know where you get your froyo. Is it Sweetlix? Razzy Fresh? It always looks so much better than the yogurt I get in pgh!!! Maybe I’m just not doing it right…
Because almonds are naturally very nutritious, almond milk doesn’t need to be fortified. You can make almond milk yourself at home, and it will have the same nutritional value as the almond milk available commercially.