1. A few weeks ago when I made these trashy chocolate chip cookie s’mores, I gave my mom the leftover marshmallows so I wouldn’t eat myself to death. She has seriously been talking about them ever since, even asking at once point if she thought I could make coconut marshmallows? So that’s what I did for Mother’s Day: coconut marshmallows dipped in milk chocolate and toasted coconut.
2. There has been a long running tale about this sandwich on my dad’s side of the family for, well… as long as I can remember. Long before I came along. I think my grandpa still eats one every now and then. So glad we’re aren’t alone.
3. I got a new phone on Saturday afternoon and by Sunday morning it was already doused in flour and half destroyed. I also am very curious with how much I talk about food – WHY does autocorrect insist on changing every single “food” to “good?” I’m sure it’s some subliminal message but it’s annoying as heck. In other news, I have developed actual feelings for a piece of technology. Oh and someone please tell me about cute iPhone cases. I not-so-secretly want the gold brass knuckles one but is that trashy? Uh huh.
4. I was half tempted to rename this Tuesday TV Things. First up, I’m losing my mind over Nashville and this darn show better be on for 10 seasons. Can they please dress Scarlett in something cuter and not rip her and Gunnar apart already? Also, I don’t care if you love or hate Hayden P-Ican’tsayyourlastname but she rocks that role. And I’m still on a mission to make Connie B my BFF. And I’ve watched last week’s episode every day. PEOPLE! There is only so much music you can listen to when you’re working all day long by yourself.
5. Now on to Grey’s Anatomy: I hate you and you suck. You’ve been ridiculously terrible all season, but OF COURSE AS USUAL you are going to have the universe explode in the season finale and I am undoubtedly hooked. Secretly I just watch because I want to run my hands through Patrick Dempsey’s hair.
6. Finally, I still watch Mad Men every week because 1. I want to be cool like everyone else and 2. I hate going to bed on Sunday nights but seriously? I DON’T GET IT.
7. 43 things that will make you feel old. I really just like #37. Additionally: Luke Perry for life.
8. I know my buffalo chicken infatuation isn’t that far removed from the blog, but I’m actually getting concerned about it. I ordered buffalo chicken pizza from the same place three times in the last week. The good news is that it’s really easy for them to find my house now.
9. Can’t even take these little macarons. She makes is look so easy! I’d definitely have a nervous breakdown making a batch. And I don’t really love oreos by themselves, but I freak out over all things cookies and cream. Want.
10. Yesterday I made this three times and the same thing happened almost every time. Is that the definition of insanity? I am great at following directions! Not.
11. This is the 99th Tuesday Things. I can’t believe I’ve been annoying 99 weeks in a row.
73 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
JESUS those marshmallows look so freakin good I can’t stand it.
those would be AMAZING in a cup of hot chocolate. OMG does that make me a genius? Probably.
Oh my gawd I am peeing my pants with laughter right now! I absolutely love Tuesday Things! It just puts a huge smile on my face!!!!!!!! Your marshmallows look divine and I could eat them for breakfast…which is totally bad but I will blame the human parasite inside of me for that one ;)
I LOVE my iPhone cases from getuncommon.com even had a custom one made for my husband with one of our favorite photos of our children.
#100 should be the best Tuesday Things ever!!! The All-star version of Tuesday Things!
Umm… can you make those coconut marshmallows dipped in milk chocolate and toasted coconut tasty treats for my wedding favors? I am serious and I would pay you.
What about the cute, bunny, jelly, phone cover that Jess has on New Girl?
I love the 43 Things!!! My favorite is number 13, the Lizzy McGuire tv show. I still have the movie and now I must watch it this weekend!!! Thank you for bringing back the memories!
Love Nashville! You just watch- Avery and Juliette are gonna get it on.
Coconut marshmellows?! YES PLEASE!! Seriously, I need that recipe ASAP.
Did you see that you made this list??? Most perfect foods in the universe! You are #16 on there!
Keep up the amazing recipes and wonderful stories! My days would be so boring without your blog! :) (sorry for the incessant exclamation points… I have a problem).
You are so damned funny!!!! Plus, I love your blog! Thanks
Not annoying at all! I look forward to your Tuesday things every Tuesday! lol keep it coming!
My husband loves Mad Men, he loves it! I am with you, I just don’t understand the appeal.
43 things-so funny!
I am so confused watching Mad Men too! Thank goodness I am not alone. Can we please go back to the early 60’s? Less drugs, more dresses. Also, yes. Why, WHY is Scarlett always wearing crocheted socks with ridiculous shoes (that belong in an off-OFF Broadway rendition of Oliver)? She looks like she’s won a “look how much of my wardrobe I can wear at once” contest. Cause, yeah, that’s a real contest.
There. I feel better.
Oh ya, Luke Perry! And #34 blows my mind!!
im super late on this post but if you’re still in the market for a good phone case.. society 6.. they have everything you could possibly imagine x 10. chevron? they have 100 pages with 20 on a page.. kittens? endless possibilties.. you get tthe picture.. i wasted a whole afternoon at work on that site one time because narrowing down to just one case was near impossible.