1. Me: the most boringest pizza eater ever.
2. I have a million appointments to make but am such a product of the internet generation that unless I can make them online, I just procrastinate and whine about making them. Like, I don’t even want to call and order that pizza. Horrible, horrible millennial. I wish I could just force myself to grow up.
3. Not really sure that I can deal with these chicken and waffle melts. I terribly want that for dinner.
4. We’ve already covered how my iPhone really enjoys autocorrecting things to the word “duck,” but this weekend it hit a new low when it autocorrected “naked” to “makes.” What? Since when is naked a horrible word that is not in the iPhone vocab? P.S. if you watched True Blood then you know exactly what I was referring to anyway. Completely innocent…
5. Super excited for football season because of the… food. Duh.
6. Regardless of how old I get/how my palette matures, I will forever be able to inhale funfetti desserts. And when I say funfetti, I mean straight from the box.
7. Oh my gosh. So much TV stuff to talk about. I’m annoyed with Dexter, even more annoyed with True Blood and speaking of TV shows that should have ended years ago to prevent the current ruining that is going on – did you see that Sandra Oh is leaving Grey’s Anatomy? Will this finally be the end? What awful, unrealistic, insane ending will they give her?
8. This is one of my all-time favorite meals. Truth: I made it last week and ate it four days in a row.
9. Since I’m perpetually stuck in the last decade, I’ve blown through so much of the West Wing that I’m now on the last season and will probably fall into a serious depression once I’m finished. The best discovery in the world was that there are actual (fairly newer) twitter accounts for the characters and of course, I lost like an hour of my life looking at them SINCE THEY ARE REAL PEOPLE AND ALL. Oomph. This is pretty awesome though. You know, the actual real people.
10. Okay, one more I’m-stuck-in-the-90s thing. Apparently Jane cosmetics is making a comeback which totally gave me a blast from the past because I used to beg my mom to take me to Hills where I would sit in the cosmetic aisles for hours and play with makeup. Yep… addicted since I was a kid.
11. Err…. I lied. One more: 31 things you desperately need from the 1996 delia’s catalog. If you’re a girl and around my age, please look at this. Pretty sure I was dying for #21. And that’s where most of my platform flip flops came from.
12. Don’t even talk to me about pumpkin for another month… unless of course you can manage a way to get me an iced pumpkin latte from Dunkin’ Donuts rightthisverysecond. Best friends forever.
81 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
OMG, I forgot about Delia’s! I would pour over the catalog, begging my mom to order me things…which she never did! In hindsight, it was probably a good thing :)
That Delia’s thing made my day. Dexter is also annoying me like crazy because Hannah is RUINING him. Harrison needs to just kill everyone already.
oh my gosh i loved jane! a little scary but i might even still have an electric blue eyeshadow that i NEVER wore… why is it always blue eyeshadow that seems to be the first makeup purchase?!
oh and same with true blood and dexter.
i keep watching and watching and always end up pissed.
I actually still have a couple things from delia’s that I kept from high school. And I’m such a big nerd that I wore one of the maxi skirts to the Smash Mouth/Sugar Ray concert this summer. Gotta keep everything period appropriate! (Also, it sort of still fits. And that warrants celebration.)
Um, I’m now obsessed w that West Wing Twitter feed. And am currently watching WW reruns. Yeeeep.
Pingback: Charred Hatch Chile and Corn Enchiladas
There is nothing wrong with being a boring pizza eater. I love a good old ham and pineapple pizza.
Regarding #9, have you ever watched Brothers and Sisters? I Netflixed that one and loved it!
yes! watched that one while it was on, love rob lowe and sally field!
funfetti boxed cake mix is the bomb.com also let it be known there is a delia’s store in a mall in northern virginia. use to be obsessed with the catalog, store not so much. i am old now.
Ohhhhh man…ok first, Hills?! Omg, totally forgot about that place! Second, Delia’s, I freaking loved it. I totally had the rainbow Roxy flats. I miss the 90s…
oooooooh delia!!!!! I got in so much trouble with that catalog… used to beg my mom for things out of there… no lie… i still own a pair of flip flops that I bought oooooh 13-14 years ago… talk about durable hahaha… and hills yeah right up there with greengate mall :)
Jane cosmetics totally owned by Estee Lauder.
#2…um, yes! I get annoyed if I can’t pay bills directly online with a credit card too. Sure, if I have the address for a place I could bill pay them using the online checking account, but my husband (who is also our age mind you) says that is impersonal and i should go in an hand deliver a check to some of these small businesses that are in our town of 900 people. Please, let me cart my 2 kids and 7-month-pregnant-self into a store to talk to the owner for 15 minutes just to pay a bill. No thank you. Online-only it is!
alexander skarsgard + full frontal = made it a little easier watching him burn up!! LOL
ugh, YES on the appointments. I get so annoyed with my doctor’s office that I actually have to call, and hold for ten minutes, and speak to an actual person. Just give me a calendar where I can click on a date!
and funfetti – I WISH I had more opportunities to eat funfetti cake. The Best.
Pictures of pizza should not be allowed on the internet. I WANT THAT PIZZA.
Christina opts to leave Seattle Grace because she got married and pregnant. No? Yeah, I don’t think so either!
Regarding pumpkin? I don’t love it that much in the first place but within a few weeks I’ll probably hate it.It is not even in the category of ‘too much of a good thing.’ It belongs in just the ‘too much’ one.
That is most definitely Leighton Meester in the purple Delia’s outfit for #1. I had that same weird, short haircut when I was in 11th grade. Which was in 1996.
Omg that Delia’s catalog! When I was in middle school, I was so obsessed with those catalogs that I used to draw fashions inspired by them and then mail them to Delia’s. I think one time they sent me back some stickers and thanked me. Those scans are the best discovery ever. Also, that green lentil soup!
Can I just say that I watched West Wing when it was on and just recently watched the whole thing all over again (and this was 6 months agi before it was on Netflix and I seriously paid for it on Amazon) and loved it!
But what I really wanted to tell you was, if you like West Wing, then you should be watching Newsroom on HBO. Its AWESOME! Just saying :)
Totally remember that exact catalog! LOOOVED Delias, My favorite was the mushroom Roxy dress (#7), the frou frou dress (10) and I had those turtle shorts!!! Delias sucks now…my daughter gets these catalogs now (Shes 12, ack!) and its not the same…so sad
I, too, freaked out when I saw the buzzfeed about Delia’s, although I think the catalog the featured was a newer one than I remember seeing. I tried to restrain myself and only circle one item per page in the hopes that my mom would also recognize my restraint and buy me all the items i circled!
And The West Wing! My hubby and I just found it on Netflix and have been ripping through it! Most of my coworkers at Trader Joe’s make fun of me, but then there are the few who are also watching it and we have in depth conversations about the characters, as if they were our real friends. Love it!
Ha, I love that the Press Secretary tweeted CJ about The Jackal.
PS if you haven’t read Rob Lowe’s autobiography…do it, really good book!!
Did you know True Blood was going to end at episode 10? Umm.. what happened to our 15+ episode seasons? Is it coming back? Can you tell I’m having a conniption over this? And Eric’s naked body – OMG!!