1. I will never stop eating my desserts like a five year old. Meaning, color overload. That being said, I usually only consider froyo to be a SNACK.
2. So a few weeks ago I was on a run around the neighborhood and almost had a heart attack when I noticed half a leg hanging from someone’s mailbox – you know, halloween decor. I jumped so high and the worst part was that there was a car behind me so I’m sure they got a good laugh. It felt like my heart actually stopped. BUT. It happened to me again on Sunday. Same house, same leg. I will never learn.
3. Remember that time when my husband asked me to make some chocolate chip cookies with leftover dough in the fridge, and I made two dozen and then he ATE EVERY SINGLE ONE before I got a chance to have one? That was last weekend.
4. Totally craving these chipotle shrimp tacos. Holy crap. Also: this bacon fried crunchy french toast. That may have to be dinner this week.
5. When it rains, it pours. Last week our air conditioner broke. This is a pretty huge deal if you’ve been reading and know how I like to freeze us out of house and home because I’m always so hot. Yesterday afternoon within one hour, I broke the lid to my crockpot (it was cast iron/ceramic), a bath and body works candle (like dropped from four feet, completely shattering) and then… the dyson vacuum. So I should just stop touching everything?
6. Related to that, I am seriously devastated at the loss of my crockpot. It’s been my most consistently used and probably longest used appliance. It appears that I have a very unnatural attachment to it.
7. This is pretty much the coolest halftime show I’ve seen. The 4:15 mark is where it gets really good.
8. The excitement I have over Anchorman 2 is also unnatural. I didn’t even enjoy the first one until like two years after it came out, but now it’s one of those movies that I can watch 10 million times. Joining the ranks of Dirty Dancing, Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect.
9. I saw an article last week that Candy Crush makes $400K a DAY. I hate that game. It’s like a drug.
10. All TV has redeemed itself for me. Homeland! You tricked everyone, right? No one saw it coming? I did not. Margaret is back on Boardwalk so now I’m not so bored. Nashville kills me every week because I’m in love with it. And the Walking Dead? Well I have a system now. I actually watch the Talking Dead first, then I watch the episode with my hands covering my face. I do not like to be surprised (read: devastated) by happenings on that show. Whyyyy am I so attached to them?
11. And even though this is obviously the BEST time of year, it’s also the worst because of: freaking horror movies and commercials. I’m hiding under the covers for the rest of my life.
12. We are back to having wild Saturday nights and by that I mean watching Suze Orman. I want a ten colorful leather jackets. This has been all about me. I’ll stop now.
75 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Why is it that everything breaks at once? And lightbulbs, they all go at the same time. And all cleaning products run out in the same day. I just spent $40 on cleaning products because everything ran out in one cleaning. :)
Aa far as I’m concerned, ice cream is a vehicle for rainbow sprinkles.
Oh yummy! Love me some frozen dessert…ironically – I ALSO had a Tuesday post yesterday regarding a last minute ‘healthy’ dessert that incorporated frozen yogurt! It was absolutely delish, and I’d love to share it with you too! : http://breatheeatlive.com/2013/10/23/tuesday-twist-healthy-banana-foster/
P.S. I have not even temped myself to TRY candy crush…it doesn’t sound all that exciting…but when GUYS are hyped up about it…it scares me a little bit!
I was in Nashville for a conference this week and they were filming Nashville in our hotel! Scarlet, Abery and Gunner were all there. I’m still catching up on season 1 but it was pretty awesome. Also, I will only watch Walking Dead in the daylight. Hard and fast rule. And Carrie and Saul, heart!
I’m new to you blog, but totally love your style. You write what I’m basically thinking my whole day, with a side of beautiful recipes and inspiration for my own cooking.
The mailbox incident. Hilarious! My daughter keeps leaving a small toy lizard around the house and I scream every time! Once it was perched on the microwave and scared me twice in one day! I might be getting Alzheimer’s.
Okay, I’ve been reading your blog forever and have maybe commented once and I know I’m a week late, but I always 100% agree with your opinions about shows, namely Dexter and Homeland. (Hi, run on sentence.) Anyway, after the third episode of Homeland, I was like “I’m seriously not watching this show again until someone tells me it gets better.” So, I just wanted to say thank you and I’ll be catching up tomorrow! (also, a very belated thank you for the Jimmy Fallon “Jesse and the Rippers” reunion. my coworkers and I actually screamed when Aunt Becky came on stage. I may have cried.)