1. I know my obsession with fall has practically overtaken this blog, but I think this has been one of the best autumns of my life ever. The colors have seemed to last forever and stuff… is good.
2. Flipping my lid over this bbq bacon ranch chopped salad. It’s like everything I love in a CHOPPED salad! The only way I really enjoying eating salad. Salad salad salad.
3. You know how I always talk about my dumb mistake of chopping jalapeños and then rubbing my eyes? I’ve been doing pretty well… until last night. I had chopped jalapeños earlier in the day, obviously washing my hands multiple times but not using my lemon juice trick. Last night in yoga I’m all sweaty and RUBBED MY EYES. With my contacts in, still having to drive home… oh man. It was baaaaad.
4. YES. Hoped it was coming last week: Jimmy Kimmel has parents tell their kids that they ate their Halloween candy. I still don’t think anything is as funny as the first year.
5. Remember how I broke my crockpot? Really, my life has not been the same since. Major first world problem. Please link your favorite crockpot below. I have tried two brand new ones and guess what? Both were defective and had to be returned. They just don’t make things like they used to. Oh hey, I’m 75 years old too.
6. Only two more days until the annual Sephora sale and um, can you tell I’m just a wee bit excited about this? Do you really want to see a Sephora sale wish list?
7. Walking Dead! I am so annoyed with Rick right now. Seriously, that show gives me anxiety. And Homeland? Could my heart break for Saul anymore? I don’t think so.
8. Freaking love this: 24 quotes to inspire you to write more.
9. I may not be ready for Christmas music yet, but am pretty darn thrilled that the pier 1 commercial is back where the little penguin says “my foot’s smooshed in a cupcake.” Dying of cuteness.
75 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
OMG I know where you took that picture, I am in that township every weekend (I travel from WV) to see my guy.
Two things. First, have you seen this? http://www.tvovermind.com/full-house/a-new-full-house-is-coming-starring-dj-and-stephanie-tanner-223330 DJ and Stephanie back with a new Full House?
Second, we received the Ninja 3 in 1 Crockpot from my in-laws when we got married in May. I’ve only used it once, to make your crockpot chicken and dumpling soup (HUGE hit btw), and it worked wonderfully. Very easy and much more high tech than my old $40 Hamilton Beach one.
Yes! I would love to see your Sephora Sale Wishlist. My shopping cart is already full – I can’t wait!
this is apropo of nothing, but girl, have you tried salted almond toblerone? omg. so delicious, little salty bits and sweet (the almonds are honey roasted) and chocolate. yummy!
Jessica.. Sephora wish list-YES!!!!!
Do you watch “Sleepy Hollow” on FOX Monday nights? it is a really good TV series. Tom Mison is really great as Ichabod Crane and hot to boot!!
One day I dream to be rich enough to have a salad bar installed in my kitchen. I literally could not think of ANYTHING better! Well, maybe a Hello Kitty or tokidoki (look it up if you wanna D I E from cuteness overload) themed salad bar! OMG
Yes to the Sephora wishlist!
I just got this crock pot as a wedding gift. I haven’t tried the little dipper yet. This thing is nothing short of amazing.
#3 I have always had the same problem, until my husband started buying latex gloves. We use them whenever we have to chop any type of pepper because we both wear contacts. After a few, I feel like my eyes are burning out of my head moments, we finally realized that gloves would do the trick.
those writing quotes are so good!
wait, WHAT is the lemon juice trick?! I always have this problem and have ruined so many pairs of contacts this way, I just wear nitrile gloves when I chop peppers… but they get all bunched up around my fingers and it’s so annoying!
I got it as a gift. However, if something ever happened to it, I would take out a small loan to replace it. I love it! I use it at least once every week and a half (only becasue my husband says we can’t have a “crockpot” meal every day.)
Get a Ninja crock pot. It is the best ever. It is a crock pot and does a million other things. So. Good.
I always look forward to your Tuesday things! love it!