1. I made my mom these marshmallows for mother’s day because I did so last year and she loved them. Of course, trashed them up with chocolate and copious amounts of rainbow sprinkles. Which are still all over the floor. They are impossible to clean up.
2. Insanity. This cheddar buttermilk waffle BLT is going to be our dinner tonight. Shut the heck up.
3. ‘Tis the season for summer happy hours and gigantic swirl ice cream cones. I’m dying for my first of the season.
4. Remember when I bought that orchid a few weeks ago and immediately killed that orchid within about 12 hours? Well. IT HAS BLOOMS. I hadn’t tossed it yet out of pure laziness, I have not moved it, yet I noticed it has blooms. What does this meeeean.
5. Yesterday while cooking, I might have had been listening to the En Vogue pandora station (one of my serious faves) and found myself choreographing dances in my head like I used to when I was 10. Then I wished I had a sister.
6. Can’t.stop.giggling. 18 reasons that everyone should embrace their inner basic bitch. #3 and #10.
7. I’m in that mood again where I want to learn how to golf. But just because it seems like something fun you can do. Kind of like how I wanted to learn to like coffee a few years ago. If you get me out in the blazing heat and I’m forced to wear a collared shirt, I might throw a massive tantrum. It’s probably not a good idea.
8. I’m kind of on pins and needles waiting for the Nashville finale and, like… do you think Rayna will accept the proposal? I actually think that she will because it would be too easy to throw her and Deacon together. And I’m already hating on the Grey’s finale this week because obviously they are killing someone or something and they always do this and it’s gut wrenching and awful. I guess I just love to hate-watch it.
9. Also, I’ve been rewatching old episodes of true blood on HBOgo (like season 3, aka the best season ever) and while I’m excited for the new season to start, am sad at what a complete trainwreck the show has become the last 2+ years.
10. Um. Mean Girls pencils. Hello, necessity.
11. Thunderstorms at night: freak you out or relax you? I’m a child so I spent all last night hiding under the covers.
33 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Thunderstorms at night are the scariest, especially since I live in Oklahoma a tornadoes can just drop from the sky at any moment. So on stormy nights, I’m under the blankets with my dog.
Yes to the mean girls pencils! And holy butter that waffle BLT looks drool worthy.
Holy crap. If you haven’t watch The Following (Fox, Kevin Bacon) you need to. I just finished season 1 on Netflix and was reduced to violent freak-out-session that season 2 was not also available. It’s good ish. Like, I had a hard time believing THE. WHOLE. TIME. that this was network television. So good.
LOVE that show. I am currently in the middle of the first season. Can’t believe I had never heard about it before.
I just rewatched True Blood too and omg you are so right about the last 2 seasons. Season 1 is still my favorite though because I’m a nerd and read the books and season 1 is really the only one that stuck to the book. And Erik with long hair…..mmmmm
I’m right there with you about Nashville! I really, REALLY don’t like Rayna and Luke together, but the dynamic of the show would change drastically if Deacon and Rayna would just live happily ever after. And Grey’s… They can’t kill off another main character! Um, hello!?!? That’s how they wrote George out of the show… I guess we will have to wait and see what this week brings!
Love thunderstorms (as long as I am not home alone!)
Uh, dont do the golf thing. My parents tried to get us into it as kids, but we grew up on the beach-NOT spending my summer/weekends on the course when my social life is on the sand! But my husband is not a beach person, so I talked him into taking up golfing (so I can hit the beach!) I went with him a few times to get him motivated and I remember how much I dislike it. Hit a ball and chase it -to hit it again? No thanks. the only good thing about it is getting sun. And beers. And that is what I do at the beach, so duh!
I already have my thoughts about Grey’s, but sometimes Shonda throws a complete wrench in your thoughts about what will happen! I love the show (and can’t stop watching) but kinda can’t believe they were renewed for ANOTHER season.
I hate thunderstorms, period, but night time is particularly awful. Then I’m scared AND awake. Lose lose.
I’m iffy on thunderstorms. I kind of like the darkness/lightning/sound of rain with the windows open but only if i’m not home alone.
I’ve been thinking about those BLT’s all day and I’m really sad that I don’t have a waffle maker yet.
I might be a little biased because I’ve been playing golf since I was a wee kid but you should totally try it. What do you have to lose? It might end up being a fun new hobby for you. Its fun driving the carts, your favorite beers can always tag along, and there are some really cute womens golf clothes and accessories. The brighter the better!
I sleep better during thunderstorms, but I’m a wreck if I’m awake.
The marshmallows are utterly adorable.
#5 Listening to 90s hip hop/ pop like En Vogue & Salt-n-Pepa is my happy place. I created a station on Pandora and listening to it when I go for jogs or walks around my neighborhood. It totally reminds me of the routine I worked out to TLCs What About Your Friends when I was a kid but never performed in the talent show because I chickened out. (It was mostly a bunch of rapid fire high knees) In retrospect, that would have been so sad, ha! I wished I had a sister too.
YES to giant swirl cones! And thunderstorms = so relaxing.
Orchids are SO hard to keep blooming. I’ve heard if you have two so they can cross pollinate, it’s better. I don’t know though! I use to have one in my office and my boss swiped it when it started to look horrible.
I don’t even know how many times Grey’s ripped me into shreds for killing people! It’s just what that show does.
omg those pencils!!!
I generally like thunderstorms, unless they get to be extra loud.
I grew up on the edge of town and my Dad used to wake us up to “watch the show” when a big thunderstorm rolled in. I love them now as I always think of sitting on my Dad’s lap when I hear them rolling in.
My husband is a huge golfer and would love for me to get out with him. I’m with you I need to learn to golf and not blow up!
Out of all the articles I’ve read about the Grey’s finale, they’re NOT KILLING SOMEONE OFF. Plus, they’re giving Christina the proper send off she deserves. So it’ll be happy…kind of. Minus the fact that Christina is leaving. She was my favorite.
Thought catalog is the best!
those cheddar waffle BLTs look AMAZing! and I can’t wait for nashville! i’m so nervous she’ll accept the proposal- eek! (b.c it’s real life and all)
You should totally learn how to golf! I took lessons last spring/summer with a friend of mine, but she has since decided that she doesn’t really want to do it and is selling her clubs. I need another girl to play with! :)
Also, I love storms at night, but the ones last night were INTENSE.
I feel the exact same way about True Blood… I kind of feel like they should just pretend the last 2 seasons (or at least the season before last) never happened. I felt like last season was a mass effort to undo all of the previous damage.
Thanks to you, the BLT waffle sandwich will be our dinner tomorrow night. With the leftovers being our Friday morning breakfast. You’re such a bad influence! ;P
My grandparents are orchid enthusiasts (seriously, it’s a thing) They say that most people think they’ve killed an orchid when they really haven’t. They hibernate and go through periods of mot blooming. Just let them be. Maybe water it every once in a while, and give it sun and it’ll bloom again when it’s ready. They have an entire house full and take them to orchid shows and everything – so I guess they know…
Love the marshmallows!! I just made some a week or so ago… I will wait to post them for a couple of weeks or so… :-) I always worry that I’m breaking some blog etiquette law when I find that I’ve posted something similar to other people. I know that it’s all in my head…and with the thousands of bloggers, it’s bound to happen… I just can’t help my worries…
Thunder and lightning. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love to snuggle in when there’s a storm, but it’s still scary. Last night was a whopper of a storm, and my 1 1/2 year old black lab named Sophie and I snuggled nose to nose while it was going on. I think she was comforting me more than I was comforting her.. :-)
have a lovely day..
Ha ha – I just found a sprinkle from CHRISTMAS on my floor last week. It was sad. I suppose I need to get better at cleaning.
Those marshmallows are adorable! I think I’d cover the entire thing with chocolate and keep them in the freezer for when I need a quick treat. YUM!
And that orchid? They are crazy. In my experience, no matter what I do they just want to die. It’s just their goal in life – to make your like confusing and to die. I have the best luck when I mostly ignore it, and remember to water every now and then.
As a child I was terrified of thunderstorms and would get into bed with my parents. Now I love them if I’m at home
Heavy rain. Thunder. Lightening.
I don’t do anything for summer anymore. It’s the worst season for me.
I’m a pensioner. I don’t work but I get happy when the weekend comes. Can anybody explain that?
Jessica! You are so adorable! I love your blog! Can you say “girl crush”!
Not in the creepy way. In the cool person way!
Orchids do that. I know this because I kill all flowers and am too lazy to throw them away, too. They die a second time, though :/
Golf…it’s hard. Just mini golf. You can wear a halter or tank for that AND get a tan. Two birds, one stone.
Nashville – I am for effing real on this…if they do not put her with Deacon I will burn things. That other dude (whose name I apparently can’t even learn) is NOT right. Rayna + Deacon 4eva.
True Blood – all I know is Sookie needs to be with Eric or I will also burn things. I am not at all dramatic.
Sweeping up sprinkles is so not fun. And I’m soon to be decorating my kitcehn with some sprinkles. And I like storms at night – more reason to snuggle with the mister.
True Blood has completely jumped the shark. I am not even really excited about the new season (even though I am totally looking forward for it to start). haaaa
I say go for the golf! I played all through high school, but since college I have barely picked up a club! This summer I plan on giving it another go! The only thing I have trouble with, and you may too is the heat…I have zero tolerance, but the solution if play early in the AM or in the evening!
Love the thunderstorms when they are at a distance, but once they get close and are so loud that the house shakes is when I am done. Can’t handle it.