1. In a weird turn of events, while the summer feels like it’s FLYING by it’s also passing as slowly as possible. Is this a thing?
2. Completely losing my mind over this falafel pita. Can’t even stand it.
3. We got the cake above (oreo cheesecake from the cheesecake factory, yes we did it – Eddie has a fascination with all things cookies and cream) over the weekend and it’s a sad day when you really don’t even care about cake. I don’t even know me.
4. BUT. Yesterday I think I might have made my first recipe inspired by a craving. I have to wait and see because it’s either really awesome or incredibly atrocious.
5. No toaster toasts bread dark enough for me. It is a curse. Every toaster we’ve owned – my bread has needed nearly two toasting cycles on the highest heat. I know we’ve discussed this when it comes to bakeries offering bagels. DOUBLE TOASTED! I realize this sounds sickly trivial but when you love toast as much as I do… #firstworldprobs
6. This is so very much my instagram life.
7. TV TV!! I still have a hard time believing that episodes of True Blood drag on for me, but they totally do. It’s getting a leeeettle better but maybe just because we are coming to the end? The show would be nothing without Lafayette and some of the occasional Pam and Ginger moments. I still have a feeling that they will find a cure for what’s going on but if not… maybe we’re getting a book ending. And! To those of you who linked this blog about the Leftovers in last week’s post – it’s make me get some of the show. I still need to watch it twice or so but… I don’t mind looking at Justin Theroux.
8. 25 things target makes you feel better about. This should just read: EVERYTHING. I actually go when I need to get out of the house and clear my mind. (and then I come home with like thirty chevron paper straws and two dresses I’ll never wear.)
9. This weekend we were adults and bought a new bed. I feel so old because it was a thrilling experience.
10. Can we discuss dishwasher loading? Because both of us here things the other does it wrong.
34 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
OK but isn’t your toast BLACK after toasting that much?! You like burnt toast???
no! that’s the problem! no toaster we buy gets the toast black… i know it sounds ridic. (but i do like it very very brown and toasty.)
I can totally relate to the how I instagram post. HA!!!
We need to be grown ups and buy a new bed. The whole process scares me! I may just by the first thing I lie on in a store out of awkwardness, but boy what I wouldn’t give for a king size bed.
My husband cannot load a dishwaher efficiently! I have to go in behind him and rearrange everything.
Oh my god! I LOVE that bustle article–too hilarious, and so true. On occasion, I have busted out a tile/cutting board to take an IG picture on and Connor always groans and makes fun of me.
I’ve only had luck at Target with like two dresses in my life. The mirrors in the changing room are atrocious–major pity parties going on in there.
The Leftovers is a book! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10762469-the-leftovers. Mind=blown!
I sent the same dishwasher link to my husband yesterday. He insists I do it wrong, so I am the one relaxing on the couch, not a bad system :)
I tried to be a grown up and buy curtains this week. I purchased the largest size Target had. Who knew some windows could be 100″ long? Now I have to special order curtains?! Being a grown up sucks.
Loved the instagram article. So true.
I think my husband created that comic. He does it with everything. I swear he purposely does things wrong so I won’t ask him to do them again. !!
I just bought the new Shabby Chic sheets in blue at Target……………………………………….. And they had $10 off if bought them………….. Most excellent!
I starred at this cake for at least 7 minutes. (Cravingss…)
#1 = my life. I’ve been studying for the bar exam all summer. It’s one week away and it feels like it was JUST 2 months away…but it also feels like I’ve been living in this hell foreverrrr.
#10: same problem! When we first started living together we would each reorganize the dishwasher. Now, he loads the top rack the way he wants, and I load the bottom rack the way I want. So we both have a hand in the dishwasher loading and are both at least 50% happy.
I didn’t recognize my tastebuds either when pregnant as I would turn down my favorite mud pie from Cheesecake Factory the entire nine months except for one time…I totally go to Target some afternoons just to clear my mind.
I feel you on Target. I go there for Cardio…for me AND my wallet. yikes!
#5- invest in a toaster oven (life changer)
Also you can cross off taco emoji from you list : http://www.brit.co/taco-emoji-new-groupme-emoji-set/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social
HAHAHAH, my entire instagram life IS a lie…but it’s not even a very good lie. It’s like lying and saying that you’re 1 inch taller than you actually are. Just, not worth it at all. AND I just jumped on a plane to come and make pitas at your house.
You would LOATHE the toaster I currently have. Holy un-even and terrible toasting. That falafel pita!!! Still haven’t watched True Blood which I cannot believe. We just can’t do it this season. Totally into Masters of Sex but not through the first season just yet. Also, Ray Donovan started back up [I forget if you watch that one] and LOVING it. We load the dishwasher pretty much the same, except I put plates one direction and he goes the other. It all fits the same though, so I don’t complain! haha
Haha that Oatmeal comic is so good. My boyfriend and I moved in together about six months ago and it has been an extraordinary lesson in choosing one’s battles.
Target! #19 made me die laughing!!! Thanks Jess
I’m dying over those falafel pitas and that bustle article…but wait! Did you get a king sized bed?!
Do you watch the People’s Couch on Bravo? I feel like you would love it if you don’t I’m obsessed with it! Anyways they did something on The Leftovers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMunwfWQl6s
(They also did one on True Blood earlier this season)
Yay! I’m so glad you read Kelly’s blog recaps!
My pet peeve is when you order a bagel and ask for it to be toasted and they say “But it just came out of the oven.” What does that have to do with toasting? I get things toasted so they are crunchy … not to make them hot! Do they really not get this? And if I’m missing something I hope someone out there will explain this to me.
Yep, first world problems, indeed!
Thanks for the link for The Leftovers. I’m an episode behind, but when I watch it, I just don’t fully get it. Yet I feel I need to watch it cause I will one of these days. It drives me insane. And True Blood is not catching my attention like it use to, but I have to watch it cause its the end.
Did you finally get a king sized bed????? I only ask because you’ve lamented your queen for so long, lol.
I thought buying a bed was fun :)
First of all, toast. Have you put your toaster on the bagel setting? When my old toaster was on the fritz and would not make anything toasty enough for me, I would use the bagel setting. I would also pop up my bread halfway through to flip it around, since one side always seemed to be toastier than the other if I didn’t do that.
…and then I finally got a new toaster.
Secondly, dishwasher loading. My main rule is that things can’t be piled on top of each other. There has to be enough space between everything for water to flow through. My other big rule is that bowls and cups and everything concave need to be facing down. Water pooling = worse loading job ever. Also, every dish has to have a secure spot so that nothing falls to bottom and sits there through the whole cycle. I’m a dishwasher freak, obviously. You’re probably doing it right and Eddie’s probably doing it wrong, because men suck at dishwashers.
That Instagram post is too perfect. So true!
How i love number 10. It made me smile.
thinK you’ve got a typo in the last sentence there :)
I think you might be my toast soul mate – I also need toast to be very toasty and as far as I am concerned – bread is raw and inedible until darkly toasted. If I was forced to choose, I’d rather eat burnt toast than not-toasted enough toast.
I agree with Eddie. I like everything cookies and cream too. How was the cake?