1. I learned the hard way that Eddie broke the top off of our salt grinder. I was adding some sea salt to the above cookie dough mixture when the lid fell off and ten million crystals fell into the dough. I went with it hoping for a heavy sea-salt vibe but ummmmm no. They are pretty much just salty cookies. Not in a good way.
2. These chipotle beer cheese oven fries. They remind me of these and I want them immediately.
3. I’m totally toying with doing my pregnancy/baby updates buuuut I sort of need to find the time and do I shove it under the crumbs section or make a whole new section? It’s not to replace anything – so have no fear. It’s in addition to the other junk I ramble about so in a nutshell, it would be an extra annoying dose of me.
4. Speaking of cookies, I probably should have just bought this cookie mix. I pretty much want to order 17 containers.
5. When we moved, we switched sides of the bed. It’s very disturbing and makes me feel all out of whack.
6. Last week I REALLY underpacked my suitcase. This is new to me as I often overpack, but being pregnant means I can’t wear all the things sooo… well today I totally overpacked to the point of ridiculousness. I want to show you a picture but I’m horrified. Like I can’t even carry it?
7. In TV news, so many good things! We watched the Boardwalk premier but I was doing some work and need to watch it four more times before really getting it – does it have to end? You know I harbor the creepiest crush on Steve Buscemi. While I liked Masters of Sex I think next week the previews seem even better and why can’t they just madly profess their real love for each other? Michael Sheen kills me even though he’s kinda an a-hole. And the Leftovers? Seriously WTF. Does anyone get that?
8. I feel that this deserved it’s own point in itself – I am FREAKING OUT about sons of anarchy starting tonight. Like real anxiety about what is going to happen and straight up sadness that it will be over soon. WAH. What do you think is going to happen?
9. How you eat on instagram vs. real life. It’s true.
10. Last night the most gigantic spider to ever roam the earth was in our living room. I’m ready to move again.
37 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
omg YES I was praying you’d mention Sons today!!!! FREAKING out about my beloved Jax and how crazy this season is going to be – Total gang war in Oakland/Stockton, Gemma & Juice trying to cover up everything up, it’s gonna be soooo good :)
We switched sides of the bed when we moved too. I have no idea why we made that decision, but it only lasted about 2.4 nights. We were both totally out of sorts and not functioning properly AT ALL. We put the kabosh on that real fast!
Pregnancy section! Yes, please. I’m always fascinated about these things. “Bumps & Babes” perhaps?
PS I just read the intro to your cookbook and it’s seriously so amazing. You are awesome!!
I’m literally getting anxiety thinking about Sons tonight because I keep replaying the last episode in my head. Such an intense show but I’m so sad it will be over :(
We switched sides of the bed for a few nights while we were traveling last week. It felt so weird!
I don’t even know what to do about Jax. I skipped the entire 5th season as I can’t deal and read ahead so found out what happened, refused to watch the entire season because of it.
I think I’ll need wine.
my husband refuses to choose a side! he wants to switch every couple of nights. Sometimes he wants to sleep with our heads at the foot board. he doesn’t believe me that this behavior is not normal.
OMG that instagram vs real life link is the best thing that’s happened so far today. And I’m excited to read pregnancy updates wherever you put them! :)
So excited for SOA, but we always record so that we can fast-forward through commercials and promo stuff…we don’t like to see scenes before they havppen.
I would love pregnancy baby talk- no matter what you decide to put it under.
Spider advice: They hate peppermint…so get yourself a bottle of peppermint essential oil…put it in some water and spray it everywhere!
Um i watch TV when I’m doing computer stuff all the time, and I have watch episodes about 10 times before I absorb them (and that includes episodes of real housewives, so thats SAD).
I want baby updates!!!
I don’t usually comment but I wanted to say thanks for making me laugh.
I don’t even know where to start about Sons being back tonight–!! Is it really a two-hour premiere too?? Besides the fact that I told my fiancee last night they are basically asking me to a 10 pm movie on a Tuesday (I’m too much of an old lady for that), I’m seriously pumped.
I am equally pumped for any and all preggers and baby updates! Put ’em wherever! Also – two points to you for getting the jump on the next royal baby. Kate better know she’s got nothing on Baby How Sweet.
PS – Can’t wait for your signing in Philadelphia!
Love your blog! I’d love any pregnancy talk. But I’ll read anything you write, regardless of where you decide to post. I like your crumbs post as much as I enjoy your recipes.
Awww. One time I found out the hard way that our pepper shaker was broken when I was making dinner. It’s devastating when that happens!
That cookies dough … YES
Eating in real life vs. instagram – – I literally just LOL-ed!!
Hahaha, #9 KILLS me because it is so so so true. Also, #2, I love Beeroness, and definitely pinned these for the football season!
Yes! Yes! to pregnancy updates. Like others have said, I’ll read anything you write but since I’m pregnant too I am a huge sucker for hearing about others’ pregnancies.
1) Yes please to pregnancy updates! I’m a week or two ahead of you and it’s nice to not feel alone. :)
2) the creator of SOA was on my local radio this morning. They were totally interrogating him about what’s going to happen to Juice (i.e. how many episodes does he have left before Jax takes him out for his betrayl)
Now I want to eat cookie dough. These are perfect, did you use an ice cream scoop? They’re perfect for the job!
So sad about the cookies! Can ya just dip them in chocolate? : )
With all the talk about SOA, I’m tempted to start. I just started Friday Night Lights and got immediately hooked, which I wasn’t expecting.
Yay for pregnancy/baby updates!
My husband and I have switched sides of the bed every few weeks since we started dating. We don’t have a side at all. Anytime someone starts to get uncomfy (him), we switch. It took me a looooong time to get used to this, but I like that we are different. People give us the weirdest looks when we tell them this. That comment above from Stephanie is the first Ive ever heard anyone else doing it! I say try it!!
I can’t imagine switching sides of the bed — it would be too weird!!
love these posts! I have to comment on the first one. The EXACT same thing happened to me! I was making a honey maple cinnamon greek yogurt salad dressing and wanted just a pinch of salt, so I grabbed the salt grinder and a million huge chunks of pink himalayan sea salt went everywhere! Time for a better grinder I think. Especially since that was the second time that happened… when will I learn?
Are you still living in Pittsburgh or some other city?
yes still in pittsburgh!!
I’d love some pregnancy updates! I’m also kind of dying to see the kitchen in your new house! Any “house tour” plans in the future? OMG. I die over spiders. My husband gives me the typical ” there are spiders in EVERY house” and I’m all like “but not in THIS house!”
Pingback: on life lately… like book tour life! | How Sweet It Is
The Leftovers is the most depressive show ever but I can’t stop watching it. I have no clue how they are going to keep that storyline going but I’ll be watching.
NO! OMG the biggest spider in the whole world was in MY house! My husband was yelling “it’s an ANIMAL!!!” hahaha I was screaming, so I shouldn’t laugh at him ;)
You can stuff the preggo updates under Crumbs…just make sure you do them bc I want to seeeeee!!! #babyfever
MASTERS! OMG I love that they skipped ahead 2 years and yet it WORKED! Isn’t that just crazy?! And I want next weeks to be here because I finally think that Libby will be upset. Killin me.
We switched sides of the bed too when we moved this month. Its weird. I stayed up for nights thinking about how the bed was on the other side of the room in our apartment and we are all switched around. So disorienting.
When we went on vacation in Vegas recently my husband and I switched sides of the bed. I slept so much better, but I have an irrational fear of sleeping next to our bedroom door so at home we will not be switching.
Oh my goodness, Sons of Anarchy! So many thoughts/feelings. I feel like Gemma is going to have to pay for her sins at some point. How that happens? Who knows. Other than that… I got nothing. I really think Jax could go either way. No matter what, I’m sure I’ll be biting my nails until the very end…
Love your Tuesday things, now I’m totally going to have to go buy like 100 of those cookie mixes lol
Hi Jessica I have been secretly following your blog for years (randomly commenting as i don’t have a true website myself) and I adore it. It’s my daily reference multiple times a day at work or at home, as a “Pittsburgh-er” myself i relate to everything you publish and find myself laughing at how accurately you depict life! I think you are fascinatingly talented and i’m so glad you have published an amazing book I’m sure everyone loves! I had a quick question about your Philadelphia book signing as I am going to be in Philly that weekend visiting my brother, I was wondering how typically long you are at each signing because i wouldn’t want to miss out in my travels to Philly. Well enough of my rambling if I don’t catch you there hopefully I can make something work locally, anyway best of luck to you and congratulations as well on your “bun in the oven” what a joyous time, sorry for the lengthy post but i have years of blog reading and love to share lol all the best! Christine
Awwww, you like my fries! You’re the best. Plus babies totally love beer cheese fries, it’s a fact.
YES YES~~do pregers updates!! Hehe!! I love all those shows u mentioned and the SOA is the one about to kill me as well!! Oh well–all good things must come to an end….NOT!!
I love Steve Buscemi in Boardwalk, because he makes you believe he is an attractive man.
I want to see a preggers update, too!
Pingback: on life lately… like book tour life! | Support Paula Deen