Homemade Potato Chips with Sriracha BBQ Sauce and Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese.
Well this is pretty much the only thing I want to eat on a Friday.
Total Friday food!!
If you eat an acai bowl for breakfast you can have alllll the chips that your little heart desires. Because I say so.
This is sort of a copycat recipe… but.
I didn’t even try them myself – Eddie ate them a few weeks ago at Flipside before my book signing in Cleveland and truly won’t shut up about how good they were. He’s been asking me to recreate them (especially the BBQ sauce) and the minute I got home, I did. I was totally game. Obviously – homemade chips are right up my alley.
Over a year ago I made these sweet potato chips with homemade BBQ seasoning and could.not.get.enough.
But the blue cheese yogurt dressing? YESSSSS. And the sriracha BBQ sauce? Takes it over the top. Even me, who isn’t a heat or spice lover was super excited at the thought. I used my base recipe in Seriously Delish for vanilla bourbon BBQ sauce and went to town with the sriracha.
AND HERE’S THE THING. You don’t even need to do chips. I actually think this combo works just as well (maybe even better?!) on oven fries. I suggest using this recipe and getting the potatoes super crisp – then serving both dips on the side. Lower maintenance and no frying involved.
Making the homemade chips is totally worth it too though – find yourself a big pot and throw the thin slices in for a few minutes. Drench them in coarse sea salt while they’re still warm and it’s the ultimate indulgent perfection.
You should most definitely make them and have a beer for me.
Homemade Potato Chips with Sriracha BBQ Sauce and Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese
- 4 russet potatoes, sliced thinly with a mandolin
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- sea salt for topping
- 3 tablespoons freshly snipped chives
sriracha BBQ sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup light beer or ginger ale
- ½ cup honey
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
greek yogurt blue cheese
- 6 ounces blue cheese
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the sliced potatoes to a bowl and cover them with warm water. Stir in the vinegar. Let sit for 30 minutes. Remove the potatoes and place them on a towel, covering them with another towel on top. Press to absorb as much of the liquid you can. Continue to dry off the sliced potatoes with the towels while the oil heats.
- Heat a large pot of vegetable oil over medium heat until it reaches 325 degrees F. Once the temperature is reached, add the potatoes in batches and fry until lightly golden and crisp, stirring with a wire spider, for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with the spider or large slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain. Cover in sea salt!
- To serve, drizzle with the bbq sauce and blue cheese. Cover in a sprinkling of chives!
sriracha BBQ sauce
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and whisk to combine. Heat oven medium heat and bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Let sit at room temperature until it cools and thickens.
- Store in a jar or sealed container in the fridge.
greek yogurt blue cheese
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and stir until combined.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
because, like, how do you say no?
61 Comments on “Homemade Potato Chips with Sriracha BBQ Sauce and Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese.”
Pingback: Super Blues and A Blueberry Chive Blue Cheese Ball #BigGameCheese
Pingback: 34 Deliciosas recetas que puedes hacer con papas | Impacto Actual
Pingback: Hair Health, Fight Night Edition: 10 Recipes to Try for MayPac Fight Night! - Miss Jessies Blog
Pingback: 34 Delicious Things You Can Do With Potatoes | A multi-disciplined Graphic Designer and Art Director based in Bristol with a passion for technology and digital design
Pingback: Sriracha Snacks for People who love HEAT! - Live Laugh Rowe
Pingback: 60 Crowd Pleasing Tailgating Recipes | I Heart Recipes
Pingback: The Cutest Way to Serve the Best Pumpkin Beer - Cravings Happen
Pingback: Bring Your A-Game This Football Season with These Delicious Tailgate Recipes – DIY
Pingback: Mina Harissa Chicken & Butternut Squash with Mint + a Giveaway! – PaleOMG
Pingback: Interesting Recipes Involving Potato Chips | Awareness