1. Dinner tonight? This butternut squash walnut and sage pasta. Clearly my squash sitch is out of control.
2. Last week I went to Target to buy my favorite childhood cereal – Oh’s!, please tell me you know exactly what I’m talking about – and the cashier that checked me out was a boy who was probably only 16 or 17. He looked at them and goes “hmmm… I’ve never seen this before, is it new?” I wanted to be like NO I WAS EATING IT BEFORE YOU WERE BORN! Wah. Sidebar: remember apple cinnamon Oh’s!?
3. Here is another truly incredible post by Andrea on what she learned losing weight the second time around. It resonated with me on so many other levels though – on procrastination and not facing fears. She is my Oprah. I am not kidding.
4. You know how last week there was that bee in my car? Well, I’m obviously still convinced it’s in the car somewhere waiting to pounce on me but yesterday there was one flying around my head IN THE HOUSE while I was working. Pretty much just need to move out now. It took me about four hours to kill it and I wasted four hours of my day having anxiety over a BUG. I am an imbecile.
5. Eddie is having a pizza crisis. Ever since we moved he can’t find delivery/take-out pizza that he likes, so he’s ordering from places far away and driving to pick it up. It is a serious issue that he is seriously upset about.
6. Cannot wait to get my hands on the Idina Menzel Christmas album. No no, I’m not going there yet but come the middle of November I’m probably going to blast that thing until it breaks.
7. Meanwhile, in music land, you know my husband can’t WAIT until Oct. 27th. Two words: Taylor. Swift.
8. Kinda dying that there is a new marcel the shell. Nothing will ever beat the first one but, umm… the sneezes!
9. On my TV list: I felt dirty watching Homeland with Carrie’s storyline. The show isn’t as terrible as I thought it was last year, but each episode drags a little for me. At least until I see Quinn… ha. I’m already freaking out about SOA tonight. I almost threw up watching the last scene of the Walking Dead but gosh, I love that show so much and generally dislike anything about zombies. I hate how quickly Boardwalk has moved on and ended but we still think it’s one of the best shows on TV. (like how incredible is young Nucky!?) And Nashville has me hooked, but I’m hoping that soon we can stop the Deacon-has-a-new-girl-and-now-Rayna-will-freak storylines. OMG, last week I forgot to talk about The Affair? Are you watching it? Thoughts? PACEY?!
10. Pretty sure I say it every year, but dressing up for Halloween? You probably couldn’t pay me to do it. I’m so not fun. Do I have to do this in the future when I have old-enough kids to be a fun mom? My dad used to cut the bottom out of a pumpkin and put it on his head to take us trick-or-treating. Maybe I’ll do that.
11. Ooooh I love this: how to become the person you want to be. I guess I’m feeling deep today. (i am.)
12. Grilled cheese and pickles (on the side) for life. I want to eat about forty of them this week. (with bacon.)
61 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Are you sure you don’t mean Adele Dazeem? I’m pretty sure that’s what you meant.
Yes, someone else who knows the goodness of Oh’s! cereal! I finally found it again at a local store near me (Marc’s) but I can’t find it at major grocery stores. I will have to look for it at Target…like I need another excuse to go there :)
“Life’s a party. Rock your body”- Marcell. She is a genius. Always good for a laugh!
WHY IS AVERY BEING SO MEAN. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS WEEKS EPISODE. and omg. water logged zombies is the worst. and OMGGGG marcel the shell! i watched it this morning when i couldnt sleep at 5am! the sneezes are the best.
aww, poor Eddie! Takeout pizza is serious business! Thanks for the inspirational links! :-)
OMG, Oh’s!! My absolute favorite. Today will not be complete until I go find some. We are so similar in our tastes, it’s creepy.
October 27th is going to be everything. Taylor Swift is my spirit best friend.
The Carrie storyline made me super uncomfortable. I actually screamed.
My husband thinks I am insane.
I missed you in Seattle (I had bronchitis)!!! My friends couldn’t pick me up a book to have you sign, hopefully for your NEXT book I’ll get to meet you!
No lie…tears in my eyes…someone else loves Oh’s! too!!!
My husband and I are going to a costume party on Saturday and because we are just now watching Lost, we have decided to go as Sawyer and Juliet in the Dharma Initiative. My husband actually ordered coveralls online for it.
Did I mention when we went to an 80s cover band concert he bought a Teen Wolf costume?
Oh my gosh Andrea is my Oprah too, could not have expressed that better! She is too amazing.
OMG. Oh’s! are the absolute BEST. I also adore Andie Mitchell! Oh and Nashville, I couldn’t agree more about Deacon, getting really sick of it and also I just want Avery and Juliette to work it out already.. We get it, Avery is heartbroken..
My sister-in-law and I watched Homeland this week together and were both screaming at the TV/Carrie. Ugh, she’s so gross and her story line is making me so uncomfortable. I love Quinn but he is clearly too good for her. And…i don’t understand why Carrie chose to keep her baby if she was just going to abandon her after?
Also, I have watched the first two episodes of The Affair. I am sucked in, but mainly because I want to know WTF happened. it’s reminding me of True Detective a little in the way the have it set up. I had never seen Ruth Wilson before and have decided that I love her. I think she is gorgeous.
Oh Carrie. She makes me so uncomfortable. And I had an anxiety attack all through Walking Dead!!!
I love Oh’s too! :)
i’m done with Carrie. it’s just so unnecessary!
Hmmm. I never knew Oh’s went away? They are one of my favorite cereals too!
Can I just say… try the grilled cheese with the pickles on it. Surprisingly delicious!
I love Oh’s and can only find them at Target too. :) I have been eating them since I was a kid but now they are an occasional treat! I hope you guys find a pizza place!!! :)
ummm, i love oh’s! and will have to buy some asap. Although I’m not a huge fan of the film it leaves in my mouth, but it doesn’t turn me off from eating pretty much the whole box in one sitting! whooops.
Idina Menzel’s christmas album is at my house already, courtesy of my mother. I haven’t lisnted to it though…..although some christmas stations have made it into my shuffle on pandora!
mmmm grilled cheeeeeeeese and pickles…now i want to go to friendly’s!
Umm, yes I still eat Oh’s and it’s probably my favorite cereal. Maybe it’s a 90s kid thing?
So I’m only watching The Affair for Pacey. I die! And the shots of his ass (his or a double, whatever..I’ll pretend it’s his) are glorious. Haven’t watched this week’s yet, hoping it’s as good as last week’s!
I just bought Oh’s! They are SO hard to find but worth the hunt – FO SHO.
LOVE Oh’s! Definitely a favorite childhood cereal that I buy all the time. Except it tears up the entire roof of my mouth…but I still love it! Haha
If you’ve finished a bowl of Oh’s! and your jaw doesn’t hurt from violent crunch-chewing …. you’re doing it wrong. Haven’t had those in forever!!
We must discuss The Affair as much as possible here (PaceyPaceyPacey) – I really think you should do a weekly TV post instead of cramming it all into one looong bullet on Tuesday. Too many things to discuss! Totally squicked by Carrie and the kid… super gross and uncomfortable. Actually loving Nashville so far this season, but please get Avery sober so we can move the story along!
PS – we moved a year ago and still drive over to our old neighborhood to pick up the best pizza in town…#1stworldprobs
I think you can be a fun mom without dressing up for Halloween. Me, on the other hand, I LOVE dressing up and will probably never grow out of it. And when my kids get older they will be really embarrassed by me. :)
Ummmm, we may be food twins. I have been obsessed with Oh’s forever. When I first moved to Boston after college, that cereal may or may not have been my sole food group for like a year. You’d think I would have gotten sick of them, but I did not. They’re still my go-to comfort snack food. Cheap and delicious are all you need sometimes.
it may just be a nostalgia thing, but OH’s is still my favorite cereal!! Safeway carries it about 85% of the time and its hard to resist eating it for 3-days straight. Am I the only person that actually likes Rayna with Luke and hopes Deacon can find another love interest and leave them alone? And Scarlett used to be one of my favorite characters, but lately they have written her character into a hot mess. BUT, the new girl, Sadie is interesting.
I LOVE Oh’s!! They cut the crap out of the roof of my mouth though.
lol Brynn! right?! So true!
Jessica – yes I feel the pain of no good takeout or delivery! We moved in July into a delivery dead zone!
Oh’s!!! So good! Now I feel the need to get myself to Target and stock up.
I love you in a crazy, unnatural way. Thank you doesn’t even cut it. ooxxoo
Apple O’s! That’s amazing, I had forgotten all about those tasty little morsels.
I used to hate dressing up for Halloween too until I started dressing up like my favorite TV characters. I’ve done Boy Meets World, Veronica Mars, The Office, Daria. It’s so fun!
This is a fun post idea! I have to check out Nashville. I feel like everyone is watching it but me! Also, your flats & tights combination looks very cute. I like how they cover the tops of your feet. Happy Tuesday :)
Aww no, please don’t kill bees :( We need them.
I hate dressing up too! It’s sort of fun to dress my kids up though…so far, I haven’t felt the need to be fun and dress up with them. We’ll see how that goes, but I’m holding out.
Usually I wait until Thanksgiving to start blasting my christmas albums, but when I saw Idina Menzel’s new album I had to buy it and I couldn’t help myself, I play it alll the time. It’s soo good. You’re in for a Christmas themed treat!
Idina Menzel’s Christmas album is going to be the *BEST* Christmas album ever. Aside from my all time favorite mixed one I made which has my all time favorite, ghetto fabulous version of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town by B2K. It’s impossible not to squeal with delight, bust a move, and laugh hysterically while listening to that song. Seriously. Listen to it at home when no one is see if you don’t dance. It’s awful and fabulous all at once. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8_dNuymHPE
My Lucy Goose thinks every bug is a bee. There was a fly in the car the other day and she sobbed uncontrollably, yelling, “BEE!! BEE!!”
Also, Sons last night was awful. I heard that a major character dies in the next episode, so I’m dreading it huge. Unless it’s Gemma.
I love Homeland this season because it’s finally back to being intriguing and drawing me in…but the Carrie thing made me feel majorly dirty. WHHHYYYYYY does she have to go there?
Love the photo Jessica!
The end of Homeland this week was hard to watch!! Carrie has just gone bat sh-t crazy!! It was bad enough when she tried to drown that poor baby!
I’m going to give The Affair a couple more episodes. It seems a little slow. The only reason I’m watching is b/c of PACEY!!
Happy Tuesday! I made a butternut squash, sausage, sage, and spinach pasta dish the other night and was delicious – perfect for this time of year!
I love The Affair so far. It is so fascinating to see a story told from both perspectives (he sees her work outfit as short/revealing, she sees it as frumpy/long, her hair the same. Who remembers saying what, etc.) plus… PACEY!! swoon.
Um, I have never even heard of Marcel the Shell, so THANK YOU for introducing me! How adorable!
Confession time: I enter Walmart SOLEY to buy Oh’s. (Seriously, it is a one-item purchase. Ok, it’s more like a three-item purchase because I buy in bulk…) They’re always stocked and cheaper than cheap. I’m sorry. I am a horrible person (with just really excellent taste in cereal). Sigh.
Halloween? I don’t love it but I dress up every year for the kiddos and it’s easy. One black cape, a black turtleneck and some black pants. Add one witch hat and it’s easy and warm. And yes, the kids love it. Wait til you have a kid; everything will change and you’ll do things you NEVER thought you would. Sometimes it’s a great excuse for acting like a kid again…even though you seem to have that down pat…and that is good!
Oh yes to grilled cheese. I have been eating them non-stopped lately too. My favorite is with avocado.
OH’S! God Bless, I love them still! :)
I LITERALLY went into Target today and was in the cereal aisle and looked at the Ohs! and had a sentimental flashback to my childhood and was thinking about how much I freaking loved that cereal. Yes! Apple cinnamon Ohs! Rocked my world. Anyways, I thought about buying them, then remembered I’m trying to be healthy and lose weight and all that crap but now I’m totally having the opposite of buyer’s remorse.
Finally watched SOA last night (thanks DVR) and pretty much shrieked, whined and guessed my way through the whole episode! “Ohmygosh Nero is going to show up and shoot everyone…. no, wait, Gemma is going to shoot him…. Oh Jax is definitely going to kill that guy… wait wait, I got it, Able is going to tell Wendy… no, wait…” — I think my fiance is thiiiiis close to watching it on his own ;-) Edge. Of. My. Seat.
No. 11 is just what I needed. Thanks for posting! =)