1. In love with this twice baked acorn squash. Totally want it for dinner!
2. I am the worst kind of millennial, because last week I had to spend over two hours on the phone with my insurance company to get something covered and by that point, I was ready to just go spend the $300 and pay for the product myself. Seriously, I am what is wrong with this generation.
3. This past weekend I FINALLY saw Gone Girl. I thought it was pretty good and maybe the closest book-t0-movie adaptation I’ve seen? I read it so long ago that I forgot a few parts that happened. I thought Rosamund Pike was perfect in that role. I also thought she looked like Bev, so during every scene I’d be like… OMG that is Bev, what is she going to do?
4. Um, I really want to wear flash tattoos – well at least AFTER I’m pregnant – but isn’t that, like, against the rules for someone who is 32? Ridiculous?
5. Last week I raved about my love for the Taylor Swift album and this week I am thisclose to getting the Nick Jonas album. What? I missed the whole Jonas brothers thing because I was little too old, but I keep previewing the songs on iTunes and loving them. This is weird.
6. As someone who was seriously obsessed with all things American Girl back in the 80s (this was long before the retail stores existed), I am dying over this. My Samantha doll is still sitting in my childhood bedroom with tonssss of accessories.
7. So I basically wait all week long for The Affair. I have no idea how this show has sucked me in so much and I go back and forth on hating and loving both characters so much. How about last week’s SOA? Insanity. I really liked the episode but can someone agree with me that the Abel child actor is like the worst ever? Um, OMG. Also, Walking Dead – please give me all the Daryl and Carol episodes you can. You know I’ve been a staunch supporter of that hookup for 3 years or so. Make it happen AMC! I don’t care if the show isn’t about that. Can’t they just, like, kiss? Homeland was good too. I almost had a heart attack during it.
8. On the same note, Eddie has been watching the Voice if he stumbles upon it because he has had a lifetime crush on Gwen Stefani. Like seriously, it’s probably his longest crush ever. He estimates it at 20 years strong.
9. If you’ve been reading along, then you know I have a wacky fascination with US history and especially presidential history. I’m kind of loving the Bush/Clinton bromance and especially these tweets. HAHAHAHA.
10. If you want to laugh… going from basic to bad in 30 days. Dead.
39 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
SOA was seriously insane! I can’t believe it’s almost over. As for Abel… I just keep telling myself that he has been through so much and seems almost dead inside and void of emotion, to deal with the bad acting. It’s what gets me through it.
Sooooo much YES on Daryl and Carol!!!! And how are there only two episodes left already??? Killing me!
HA!! She looks like me when she has that awful brown hair and the bloated jowls.
Hey, let’s start a band called the Bloated Jowls!
You know what, let’s not.
I love flash tattoos! I have 35+ year old friends who love them too. Be prepared to wear them through several showers or get ready to scrub. Those suckers last!
yessss! totally wearing them then.
I needed # 10 — this tuesday is a tough one … I needed a good laugh!!
OMG need to check out those tweets. Which reminds me, I caught Allison Janney Live with Kelly yesterday, and she’s just as wonderful as in her West Wing glory days. :)
ah i saw bits of it too!! LOVE HER.
OMG I’m so happy someone else agrees that the boy who plays Abel is the worst child actor ever! I thought I was the only one who picked up on it. I say it every single episode, it’s terrible!
i wonder if they purposely want him to be that terrible? i mean it’s crazy.
A friend and I were just talking about this the other day. We were wondering if Abel’s acting is so “off/bad” because maybe he has mental issues from his mom doing drugs when she pregnant. Or because of everything he has been through?
I liked Gone Girl too, but think it is a hard book to translate into a movie. On an unrelated note, I got a reminder of your DC book signing on my phone about an hour or so ago! Wahhhh.
Abel is HORRIBLE. I don’t like child/toddler actors anyway, especially ones that speak (don’t get me started on kids in commercials), but he makes me happy there are only three episodes left sorry to say.
I loooved Gone Girl and I thought it was very close to the book, which I always appreciate. One of the better movies than I’ve seen in a long time anyway!
Not a huge fan of the Carol/Daryl, I’m sorry to say! Lol. That was a good episode nonetheless though!
No Daryl and Carol!! I like their relationship as is – it’s more of a brother/sister relationship IMO.
The whole Nick Jonas album is on Spotify. And I’m embarassed to say its fantastic. I mightve listed to it 3 times in a row the other day. So listen for free, or go ahead and buy it from iTunes, whatever your preference on that issue is. But you should def listen to it.
Love Carol and Daryl’s friendship and storyline, but I’m all about Daryl and Beth!
i had an inkling of this at one point too… but then i remember that beth is only supposed to be like 16?? i always forget that and then it’s kind of weird!
I might’ve gasped loudly twice during Homeland this week. Crazy.
And now you have me wanting to catch back up on The Affair. If you’r enjoying it, it must be good, right?
I have Samantha tooooooo!!!!!!!!! I want to get her out now and play with her hair ;)
omg! I was obsessed with American Girl dolls. I still have my first doll, Samantha and hopefully will be able to give her to my own daughter one day :) I also had felicity, and my sister had kirsten and molly. We gave them to my cousin when she was younger. :(
I’m am currently wearing a big Flash Tattoo necklace and LOVE it! (I’m 39, btw) I get so many compliments when ever I wear one. Super fun to play with; it’s brought a whole new level of flair to accessorizing. They last for almost a week but you can use baby oil to remove them if you need it off sooner. Get some…you’ll dig it!
this is awesome!!
Your Tuesday Things just make me so happy! :)
Ha! I am so with the Daryl and Carol thing too!! I was like “are they finally gonna kissssss?!” ; )
You are NEVER too old for a tattoo. I got my fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh tattoos last year – permanent ones too – and I’m 38. I say go for it and don’t look back!
I still have my first PC Samantha doll in her box with every curl still in place! I’m thinking it may come in handy someday when one of our girls needs to go to college or get married. Crossing my fingers that it’s worth a fortune in another 10 years :)
I did not read Gone Girl, but LOOOOVED the movie, deliciously fucked up! LOL!
I thought the same thing about Gone Girl. They stuck sooo closely to the book and only condensed a few things for the sake of time. Also flash tattoos are good for everyone. Visual chicken soup for the soul. Do it.
Cracking up over the #41 tweets haha
yes to flash tattoos, yes to american girl dolls, yes to horrifying experiences on the phone with whatever customer service, and finally YES to ridiculous taste in music. you’re going to think this is ridiculous, but try the new one direction album (it’s on spotify). it’s an 80s throwback in the best/worst way. :-)
Bahaha my 35-year-old boyfriend also has a lifetime crush on Gwen Stefani. We both think she might be a vampire, though, based on how she still looks 25 and amazing. Seriously what gives?!? She’s awesome though.
Also, I feel you on the flash tattoos… I’m 26 but even so I just think my personality/style is such that I could NOT pull them off. I would look silly. But they’re so cool!!! I might get some for my 21-year-old, super hip little sis.
If #2 is referring to a breast pump, I totally feel you! One of the best pieces of advice two of my friends gave me was to call a durable medical equipment supply company that was covered by my plan. Wish I would have known that BEFORE spending hours on the phone getting nowhere!
I have Samantha pre-Matel! And ALL of her things! There’s no way I could get rid of it all (thus, it’s in my parents’ basement waiting for me to have a girl).
I want to wear flash tattoos too. I debated it all summer. And still never did. And now I’m just older. Ugh.
I might have been too old for the Jonas Brothers but I owned several of their CD’s in college…and yes now I feel very gross about finding Nick Jonas’ songs very sexy. Love.
Completely agree about the twice baked acorn squash. It’s happening.
THANK YOU for the Abel comment! My fiance and I debate it every. single. time. a scene with him comes on… “this scene is so intense but WHAT IS WITH THAT KID”. He certainly has lots of reasons to be screwed up, but is it that he’s just not a great actor? And the worst part is that its a set of twins that play Abel! So – two kids acting like that. Nuts. We’ve also started identifying kid actors in other shows we think would be better – if there is a good kid in another show, we immediately point out that “see, he would be a better Abel”. #allthingsSOA #onlytwomoreepisodes?!
Totally not too old to wear them. A bunch of us girls (30-31) wore them on a recent beach vacation, we got lots of compliments and they are sooo fun. Doo it!
YES Abel’s actor is THE WORST. Every time he has a scene, my husband and I say “here comes bad acting aaahh!”
Gah I love you.
I felt the same way about Gone Girl. I had forgot parts too b/c I read it a while back and read it fast. My brain doesn’t retain info that way. Ha!