1. It’s that time of the year where I have to remember not to go crazy on buying school supplies considering that I, um, DON’T NEED THEM. But they are so lovely… #lisafrankforlife
2. You know what other season is approaching, a season besides school supply season that is equally as terrible for the wallet and wonderful? Autumn candle season. No, I know autumn isn’t close but the candles are out and as a crazy candle lady, I will support the economy.
3. Really interested in making this heirloom tomato pie with parm for dinner one night this week. Especially after my (not-so-shocking) pie fail last week.
4. I deleted over 40K photos from my computer this weekend (on purpose!) and it FELT SO GOOD. It felt like a great sneeze.
5. Remember when I spent 12 hours organizing my pantry at ten months pregnant and then spent 35 seconds destroying the organization? I’m thinking of doing one of those whole one project a day for a month things. It obviously couldn’t be something big (like pantry organization in one day because hello baby + work) but maybe something little so I can stop living like an adult child.
6. Ending thoughts of True Detective? I read a bunch of recaps online and agree with them: WHY? Why did that all happen? I did kind of like the very last scene though. We were all sick this past weekend so on Saturday night, Eddie and I binged on Ballers and watched every episode so far. We really liked it, but agreed it’s a good show to binge on – maybe not get every week? It’s like a sports Entourage. Also, why do I love Ricky Jarrett? Ha.
7. All of the politics-already-starting + debate stuff going on has me itching to rewatch The West Wing. (Probably also because Allison Janney was back in Masters of Sex this past week, love) Who’s in? I think we should have, like, a West Wing book club, but, um… it’s a show.
8. I found this via shutterbean last week and it is SO perfect: how to get stuff done. These tips! Do it.
9. I knew this, but I just horrifyingly remembered that you can go back and read EVERY SINGLE Tuesday Things post (all 200+ of them) by clicking on the little “tuesday things” tag at the bottom of the post. Major cringe time.
41 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Ummm….can we please start a West Wing Book/Show club?! Ha love this and the link for how to get stuff done!
OMG those peaches. They cost like 8 million dollars in Brazil, so I’m counting down the days until we get back to the states to start binge eating them until they’re out of season.
I just started watching West Wing for the first time, so I’d be all in! :)
Tuesday Things is my favorite! For serious! I shall never cringe. Also, re: photo deleting: But what if you need them!?!?!
oh they are backed up! multiple places – 2 clouds, 2 externals – i’m just so bad about deleting them all off the computer (and it’s been worse since max was born!)
Speaking of Max I keep waiting for pictures. We all went through your pregnancy with you and now you are now sharing the results. How about at least one picture a week. Please?
maralyn! I know. I’m so sorry. I’ve totally sucked at updating the baby page. The good news is that I have a post scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, so one will be up! :)
Oops! I meant NOT sharing the results.
I was literally just talking to my sister yesterday about watching West Wing. I’ve never seen it, and she says thats a crime.
omg. you MUST! it is so good. it’s funny though, when i watch it now i can’t believe how old everything looks, like cell phones and whatnot. so dated!
Can you please do the one-project-a-day thing so I can do it along with you, and also try to be an adult?
I think I help you support the candle economy. I can’t get enough of the Cinnamon Apple candles all fall and winter! MMMMM!!
I am so jealous you deleted that many photos… i think my hard drive would love me if i took the time to do that one day soon. Maybe on a football Sunday this fall! #lifegoals
We are likely the same person since my husband and I started re-watching West Wing the day after the debate last week. Obviously, started at the beginning of Season 2 since Season 1 is corny/weird. I love that the show caught on film the approximate 10 year lifespan of pagers.
Also just wanted to say that I’ve been silently following your blog for years and I absolutely love your recipes (and cookbook!). I made the summer chickpea salad for my parents and in-laws this weekend and everyone LOVED it – since you talked about how good whipped feta was with it, I just added crumbled feta to the salad itself, and BAM. It was awesome. Keep doing what you’re doing – it’s amazing!!
Ricky Jarrett is awesome! Plus, the actor that plays him is Denzel Washington’s son. What’s not to like?
I need to purge photos but it is daunting. Any tips?
xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com
WING WING SHOW CLUB! I’m so in! I’ve watched the entire series twice this year (oh hi frigid winter and not ever going outside and working from home) and would watch it again in a heartbeat. I just dropped my sister off at the airport to return home and said “I love you and I’ll only collect you from the airport at Christmas if you’ve watched West Wing”
Oh god I went into Yankee and Bath and Body Works on my lunch break today and about died smelling all the candles. Fall is the best time ever for candles. Or more like… mid-summer release fall candles. Since once October hits it’ll be all mistletoe. GOTTA STOCK UP NOW.
Am I the only one who ugly cried at the end of True Detective? I’m talking full on shoulder shaking, sob mode. It’s not like I was that invested after only 8 episodes with the first half being soooo slow and the second half spent just trying to figure out what the heck was going on – but – the scene with Velcoro’s dad segwaying into the one with his ex-wife got me good. Sigh.
OMG I’m so glad you just mentioned Lisa Frank! My husband had NO idea what I was saying when I referenced her recently. He’s 31 so I deduce that he was definitely in the presence of her psychedelic rainbow cat/unicorn art at some point in his academic experiences. I was aghast!
West Wing Show Club is genius. I rewatch it at least once a year. Just finished it a few weeks ago actually.
I so did not care for the entire season of TD, but I did love that last scene. I just, UGH a show should not be that hard to follow and I even went through the trouble of reading that ridiculous Slate article. It was maybe a great storyline but not presented well at all.
We are devote True Detective fans and every Sunday my husband would make me watch Ballers right after TD. Thankfully Ballers doesn’t require much thought to watch so it was a good way to wind down after trying to figure out what was happening on TD for the past hour.
Yes to Lisafrankforlife. You and me both!
Yes. To a lot of that. But mostly, the peaches. Just got some local peaches last week. Friday had a frustrating day (can we just say, dramatic people suck the living hell out of you?!) and first, walked up to my boyfriends gun shop and went down to the range and shoot my revolver for a bit. Darn did that feel good. But also – it was the first time I’ve ever shot a gun without adult supervision (Yes, I am a aware I am 30). So I was really proud of myself. Then I came back home and make my very first peach pie EVER. HOW HAVE I NOT BAKED A PEACH PIE BEFORE??!?!? So good!!
#1 – YES. Oh man, I miss Lisa Frank school supplies.
LISA FRANK. The best. <3
Okay — you can totally have a West Wing Book Club. Hold it every Friday night and binge-watch four episodes with friends. Wearing sweatpants, of course.
First off, totally down for the West Wing club. Second, I DID know you can reread your Tuesday Things posts because I finally watched season 4 of Homeland, and then decided to go back and reread your comments on each week’s episodes from last fall. Is that odd? … Have you seen the tailors for season 5 that are all over the web right now?
true detective! I didn’t know what the heck was going on the whole season. I read the finale recap and was still shaking my head, like “What?????” Lol!
SO up for West Wing book club. With snacks, naturally.
I’m totally in for a West Wing (it’s not a) book club. It’s my favorite show, and to be honest, whenever there isn’t a decent marathon of something on I’ll just watch that. Over and over and over. #aaronsorkinisgenius
Considering that when I met you at your book signing in Houston I identified myself as a huge WW fan, I’d say I’m definitely in for whatever WW club you want to start. #BartlettforPresident #Josh&Donna4ever
I’m always on board for The West Wing!
My little baby is 5 months old but I am still planning on a back to school shopping trip. Pens galore please!
Getting things done with a toddler in our household equals “one extra thing per day” that extra thing could be little like cleaning a toilet (so glam) or major like organizing a pantry. We pick our task based upon our energy levels and come weekend it doesn’t feel like a mad rush to get it all done.
“It was like a really great sneeze” = SUPER FUNNY!! This is a great line and I’m totally stealing it! (If that’s okay ;)
Would Love a West Wing video club … one of the best shows ever on TV! Love the Get Shit done article too!
West Wing is on my list of shows to re-watch binge style during my maternity leave this winter. Along with Gossip Girl and Sex in the City. Because really, what is life without goals….
Been a West Wing fan since it was on for real the first time. My favorite characters are the ones that show up randomly…the various White House lawyers, the random ambassadors, the newsroom guys. I love watching them smack people down…like the time CJ took the new girl reporter apart at the seams. Or the scene when Sam didn’t know that Leo’s daughter was the teacher. I started again after the debates, but I’m trying to pace myself. The election is a while off!
I love your “tuesday things” and “favorite things” posts! you have such a great voice – it’s so fun to read! also, love your snapchat!! :)
I’d happily join in on a west wing watch club! I need an excuse to watch it! Bi-weekly tweetup maybe?
Yes, let’s start a West Wing Book Club / Binge Watching Club. I’m in. Finally, I’ll be able to meet other people with the same passionate love for the best writing of Aaron Sorkin’s career. I’ve been looking for y’all for a long time. Shall we start at the beginning Jessica?
Seriously, Fall has the best candles!!!!! Thanks for the Tuesday Things tip…perfect for a binger like me!