1. When you speak such fluent emoji that you must carve your pumpkin into one.
2. I’ve had Hotline Bling in my head for FOUR straight days. Like I can’t hear anything else, nothing else will stick. And if you sing it out loud, you can’t use your regular voice. You have to use a slightly whiney Drank voice.
3. The annual Jimmy Kimmel tell your kids you ate all their halloween candy video. Ha.
(I totally love the idea of donating extra candy to the troops too.)
4. I keep a lot of pointless daily info (including to-do lists) in the Notes section of my phone, and I’m obsessed with going back and reading the old notes. So much so that I don’t even delete old grocery lists. What is with this weirdness? It’s like the 2015 version of looking through my old school planners.
5. Don’t want to be this person but I’m ready to start listening to Christmas music. I barely listened at all last year because my “Christmas music” was the 1989 album. Which is still in my car, by the way, one year later. Won’t get old.
6. I stole this from Tracy last week: when you feel behind in life. SO good.
7. Holy cow The Affair. Every week the show changes my thoughts, one second I hate Noah then I love him. Then I hate Allison, then I love her. Um, I always love Cole obviously. Let’s just say after that episode, Pacey is not in Capeside anymore… Also thought Homeland was great. Eeeep the last five minutes, yes yes yes. Not loving what they are doing on Nashville, bah. That ending though! Those shows are clearly my only priority at the moment since I still need to watch last week’s Walking Dead, Empire and Scandal.
8. Daylight savings time: there is nothing worse for food photographers ever. It’s like scrambling all day to get the light and vastly shortens my work day. But I LOVE the morning light.
9. I made this pumpkin bread over the weekend and whoa – it is so simple and so delicious. Maybe the best pumpkin bread recipe I’ve tried. Dooooo it.
33 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
The Hotline Bling struggle is real. Tom and I keep singing it and doing the silly dance. We tried to start a dance party to it at a halloween party we went to this weekend, but everyone just looked at us like we were crazy. Fail.
I need to catch up on the Affair and Homeland, but you have me very intrigued. I’m pretty bummed about Nashville too, it just hasn’t had the same zing lately.
I do that with my notes on my phone too! I have the most random things in there and I won’t delete them and go back and read them on the regular.
That’s a horrible song to have stuck in your head.
I have old-school Nsync in my head at the moment, which is pretty awesome.
I save super old notes too! I just looked and I have really pointless ones saved from 2013..including grocery lists..I don’t get why I do it either but it’s interesting to look back! Also, hotline bling is so catchy haha.
A couple weeks back, the kid at the deli counter was singing Hotline Bling during my order. The convo went something like this:
Him: “I know when that hotline bling. Can I help you?”
Me: “Could I please have a half pound of provolone?”
Him: “That can only mean one thing. Half pound?”
Me: “Uh, yes…please.”
Him: “I know when that hotline bling. Anything else?”
Him “That can only mean one thing. Okay, here you go!”
No deli counter experience will ever beat that.
I never comment on blogs, but your comment made my freaking day.
Haha – and YOUR comment back just made mine! Thanks for that, Katherine – may someone sing at you, sometime soon :)
I do not know this song of which you speak, but this conversation that you had with the deli fellow made audible laughter emanate from my person. Haahaahaa! You know that I must now google it.
Google it, you must – and like Jessica said, imagine a whiny/nasally voice singing it.
This is all kinds of awesome!
THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE BEST THING I’VE READ IN WEEKS.
as are the comments.
We shop at several different stores: Target, King Soopers, Trader Joe’s, Costco, so I keep a running list for each store on my phone. When we run out of something I add it throughout the week. Then, when I go, I add anything else to my already-made list. It has vastly cut down on trips each week-especially Target!
I do the same thing with my notes section!
I’m glad I’m not the only one who likes looking back at old lists! It’s so weirdly nostalgic but it’s like a little snapshot into what I was up to at that time. I just heard hotline bling for the first time yesterday and I can definitely see it becoming one of those can’t-get-it-out-of-my-head songs.
Thanks so much for the when-you-feel-behind link; I needed that.
I tend to keep to-do lists and notes on whatever post-it scraps/envelope backs are handy, which makes for some pretty entertaining desk cleaning when I get around to it. Like I just found one that says “Lily Tomlin feuds w/1D singer” and also has a bunch of times written all over it.
Your halloween pumpkin was everything!! And Max looked ADORABLE!
Also, hot line bling — PLLLEASE listen to the erykah badu version! I love drake – but erykah kiiiiillled it – in the best way possible.
I’m not ready to deal with Christmas music yet, I LOVE it — but I’ve got to wait a couple weeks. My husband asked me, the day after Halloween if I was ready to put up our tree … if created a monster!
I don’t think there was an Empire last week, because of the World Series??? Freaking out!!!
Pumpkin bread is my favourite! And I don’t think it’s too early to start listening to Christmas songs, I’m getting really excited for December! x
Was somewhat down with the direction of Nashville, but did NOT see that ending coming at all…hoping that it didn’t just jump the shark.
Also thank you for posting that Jimmy Kimmel video…it’s one of my favorite things & I totally forgot to look for it this year!
GOSH…COLE….i don’t even have words..i love him…and I’m having a hard time liking Noah at all
I think The Affair is my favorite show at the moment, period. I can’t WAIT to see it every single week (thank you for convincing me to watch it last year!!!). No clue how Noah is gonna get out of this one…
I agree losing light so fast is such a struggle! It keeps raining here where I live so its very dificult!
xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com
I look at my old notes too!! I only add things there every few weeks when I don’t happen to have a paper and pen, so whenever I go there I think, “o yeah here’s that old corner of the attic that I can look through for hours!”
I love old lists, and old receipts even more! Especially Target ones, because let’s just admit it, they’re mostly all Target.
Hi Jessica! I love your blog and recipes but I reeeeally love your beauty product posts. I’ve tried so many new products from reading your posts. I got my Sephora VIB sale coupon and catalog in the mail yesterday and I naturally though of you! Can you do a quick post of your favorites or what you’ll be buying this year? I want to try a glam glow product and stock up on my Fresh cleanser and moisturizer. Thanks!
hi! here is what is in my cart right now. i’m struggling because i’m not wearing as much makeup these days, BUT, lots of skincare things! i want…
the glamglow lip mask
the glamglow powermud
benefit gimme brow (use this every day!)
nars smudge proof eyeshadow base (another produce i stock up on here)
a viseart eyeshadow palette
tom ford noir pour le femme
some sunday riley skin care (not sure exactly what yet)
FRESH cocoa body exfoliator
elizabeth and james dry shampoo
tatcha dewey skin mist
GAH. obviously i can’t get all of those things, but that is my major wishlist!
So, I went to watch last week’s Empire and freaked because it want on my DVR. I mean, I could have watched it on OnDemand, but why would I do that since I can’t fast forward through the commercials? I know. But! Come to find out, it was on hiatus for a week and I didn’t miss a thing. Phew! Crisis averted!
yes yes! i didn’t realize until after i wrote this and then looked. it’s sooo good.
I listened to 1989 so much last December that when I ever I listen to it now it kinda feels like Christmas music. And I like it.
THIS. yes. not kidding, i feel the exact same way.
I’m late to this post but OMG go download Ellie Goulding’s song On My Mind. It’s ruining my life and I love/hate it. The chorus has been running through my head for days and I can’t stop won’t stop!
I’m such a list girl…always love your Tuesday posts…and #4?? Gah! That is SO me!
If you like lists, try out The List App. I’ve become obsessed with other people’s lists now.