1. It’s the time of year again when I want to do elf on the shelf for… Eddie and myself. I mean, obviously for Max but he has no clue. I will say that the hate for the elf seems intense this year? I don’t care. I still want my elf to raid the canister of flour. (and then clean it up too.)
2. Actually think I’m making this gnocchi with brown butter for dinner tonight. LOOK at that.
3. I’ve become totally enamored with life captured (thanks to kristen, again!) and am loving their December journaling prompts. Absolutely what I need right now.
4. After a quick decluttering of the kitchen this past weekend, we’re trying to live without things on the counter, like the toaster and a canister of wooden spoons, spatulas, etc. Frankly, this is making my life very inconvenient. Give me back my clutter! (p.s. Eddie is not thrilled that the nespresso gets to stay out while the toaster goes in. HAHAHA.)
5. WOWOWOW The Affair. I seriously think the last 15 minutes of this episode was some of the best TV I’ve ever seen? I was also freaked out and couldn’t sleep. And now I’m flipping over Homeland and afraid they won’t believe Carrie and Saul. Annnnd I’m happy with the outcome of the Walking Dead. No more words since I can’t stop thinking of The Affair. It feels like I’m IN The Affair!
6. Stop trying so hard to be happy. For real though, I’m trying to be more mindful (blah blah since time is going waaay too fast blah) and this may be the key.
7. Do you have any holiday-ish traditions? I want to do the whole Christmas PJ thing and may have bought some, um, two months ago…
8. I continue to be out of control with the holiday season and want to make a neon gingerbread village. Or a rose gold one. You decide.
28 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
might the pj’s be a set of family onesies?? there’s a family vlogger on youtube called the daily bumps and they had the most adorable picture of themselves in red plaid onesies on ig.
My mom always did the Christmas pajama tradition. And now that I am an adult and living on my own, I totally miss it haha. I think it’s a great tradition. :)
I got all caught up on The Affair last night, and I’m losing my mind over it! How is it that they convince you to finally like one character and think their a decent human being, and then all of a sudden that character is literally the worst??? Alison will never be able to do wrong in my eyes though. Pacey too, of course!
I KNOW. omg i hate hate hate noah!!!
I went into TWD episode with major fears about whose heads were going to roll, so I was relieved mostly, but I also found it anti-climactic, ya know?
Me tooooo. Explosion of all things holiday in my house, on my Ipod, and on tv. I love it ALL! Your post about holiday movies was so fun – I want to talk holiday music desperately since i’ve found some excellent albums lately – do a post on that too!! As though you aren’t probably already super busy, but really, it’d be so fun. :)
Go for the rose gold village. How stunning would that be?
im trying to get my sisters into matching christmas pajamas!! which ones did you get?
i just got hanna anderson ones so we could all match, but i think if i were doing sisters, i’d prob do some from victorias secret!
I’m over the moon about Walking Dead!
definitely rose gold.
and holiday traditions: Elf, going to see the lights in the neighborhood, christmas music playing non-stop. Baking/giving Christmas cookies.
Omg rose gold gingerbread village. *grabby hands* Do it!
I always enjoy these Tuesday Things posts, but this one made me smile and get so excited about Christmas :) Have a great week!
My husband and I get each other pyjamas which we open on Christmas Eve. Our first child is due on December 16… hopefully he’s here in time for his Christmas pyjamas!
ahhh congrats diana!! that was close to max’s due date and he was a few days early. you will have a wonderful christmas!
DEFINITELY do the Christmas pjs. My mom has been doing this for my sister and I for our entire respective lives (24 and 27) and i still look forward to it every single year, and can’t wait to carry it on with a family of my own. Merry Christmas!
that’s what i’m hoping on doing! i love that it has made such an impact on you.
Neon is very you, but rose gold is very in and beautiful. You could make rose gold roses and pastel candies and oh it would be so stunning.
Do the Christmas jammies. We did just the kids when Raffi was really little – too little to care. However now he looks back at that photo and excitedly talks about how he wore matching pjs with his cousins!
Lots of holiday traditions…but you mentioned pjs. Every year, my daughter, niece, and nephew get a Thanksgiving gift from me. It is the first Christmas wrapped gift of the season, and it is Christmas pajamas. They get to wear them Thanksgiving night! ( I usually get some, too. And very occasionally, so does the dog).
You need to go on Google and look up who Negan is………OMG what a story turner!
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is supposed to play him.
I bought an Elf at Pier 1 Import last year……much cuter. My daughter tells her friends that she can touch and pick hers up and I don’t have to buy all the Elf clothes that are in the stores. ha,ha,ha,ha!
i’ve afraid about negan – i’ve heard he’s the WORST!
Our (My, let’s be real…) tradition is that I get a new Christmas ornament every year, and force Ben to get nostalgic about the year too, and get an ornament to reflect on the year. I love it, he loathes it because of FEELS. Bless him.
Thanks for sharing our journaling prompts. Jessica!
Homeland is our absolute favourite show – my husband and I look forward to it every week. Hoping like mad that Allison gets busted like she deserves. :)
I started the Christmas jammie tradition with my kids when they were babies. My guys are 19 & 22 now..OMG!!! They STILL love this tradition. They know that after Midnight Mass they get to come home to one package to open on Christmas Eve. My husband even grabs a new pair for me too! You wont regret starting this tradition!
ahhh yess!! love this michele, so going to do it!
I don’t understand why people think having a toaster or a crock with utensils on the counter is clutter! it’s hard enough for me remembering to have all the stuff out when I cook that isn’t normally out. I don’t need to have 10 more things I have to make sure I have out.
hahaha liselle, i hear ya.
PLEASE make a gingerbread house. Every time I take my girls to Target they beg me for a gingerbread house kit. Ugh, disgusting!!!! Show us how to make one that isn’t totally gross …
Side note: My girls are 4 & 3, and we religiously walk up and down every. single. Christmas. aisle. every Target trip. They freak out about it so hard!