1. These passionfruit margarita pie parfaits… yes yes yes. What are you making for cinco de mayo?!
2. The whole “when it rains, it pours” thing? I’ve never seriously experienced it but in the last two weeks we had to replace our hot water tank, my computer, our TV and we still need a new fridge. What is this insanity?
3. I CANNOT get over the whole promposal thing. I read an article last week where a boy asked his date to the prom by buying her a plane ticket to Hawaii. What?! It wasn’t like that when I was in school – what started it? Was it Laguna Beach? I remember them doing it on the show. Crazy.
4. In an attempt to take this instagram photo, I wasn’t paying attention and Max shoved his hand down inside the smoothie. I had no wipes, no napkins, nothing with me. And an hour later while walking through the grocery store, I found a piece of granola on my cheek. This is horrifying.
5. Slightly odd things all book lovers do might describe me perfectly. I stay up embarrassingly late reading.
6. Umm… I’m not watching any TV right now, except for the stupid Grey’s that I can’t stay away from (I hate the Callie/Arizona storyline, stop it, just be together). OH! I am watching the Catch and still love it so much. Also, I DID watch Game of Thrones to “support” Eddie and all I gotta say is that I was not surprised. But I also live on the internet and saw so many possible spoilers.
7. On suffering from professional envy: I love this line: “envy is the death of learning.” So good! So true.
8. Speaking of that! Super excited to tell you that I’m part of the food entrepreneur summit that Nicole is holding. Oh my gosh. There is SO much info packed into this and my session is about how to avoid the comparison trap and continue to create content when you’re in a rut. More coming soon.
9. Best dressed at the Met Ball?? Go! I liked Emma Watson and Cindy Crawford. And Blake Lively!
28 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Spending all day editing summit videos and I can say…they’re SO GOOD!
i can’t wait!!
My daughter is a senior and one of her classmates rented a horse for $300 for his promposal. He dressed as a cowboy and waited outside of the school and then asked his date to prom. Ridiculous. I have no idea how this became such a trend.
what! that is insane.
The book list was made for me! But #10 totally applies to a book blog I used to read. The blogger called one of my favorite books ever a “loser of a book”. I quit her blog then and there and haven’t been back since.
ha i’ve totally been in a similar situation!
1. Did you check the reset button before you purchased new appliances? Allow my stupidity to be a lesson. 2. I had a dream last night that you (the blog) sponsored an HBO Backstreet Boy concert. You wore a very futuristic outfit and two pigtail buns in your hair. I was very upset that you didn’t clue me into this so I could attend. So that happened. Youre welcome.
ugh we did… oh i remember that. ;) and that dream would be a dream come true.
Yes to everything on the book lover’s list! Also, you bring five books to read just in case on a weekend away.
Thank you for the cool links
Where did you get your phone case??!! LOVES!!!
hi ashley! it’s zero gravity:
When it rains it pours? Google “mercury in retrograde 2016”. That could have something to do with all of your woes! :)
everyone keeps telling me this!
I can’t wait to hear your interview with Nicole. I really liked Claire Danes, and as much as I hate to say it… Kendall Jenner looked good too!
i also thought kendall jenner looked gorgeous.
It makes me so happy that you watch Grey’s. I can’t stop! But why can’t everyone just be with their soul mates and be happy?! If Meredith can’t be, everyone else should. Episodes now require a cocktail.
Sooooo excited to hear about the food entrepreneurship summit! I am definitely registering :) can’t wait!
What ever happened to being so nervous that you would actually get asked to prom. It’s just like those meme’s that show 13 year olds that look like 25 year olds. What are these teenagers doing right that I clearly missed??
The promposal (and some of the dresses) are just RIDICULOUS….. it needs to stop. There was nothing wrong w/ the way it use to be ‘back in the day’ Can’t wait to see what they come up with for their actual proposals hahah!
I’m loving Catch! And I thought Clair Danes dress was pretty awesome!
Love your quote about envy. One of my favorites is “Comparison is the thief of joy” -Theodore Roosevelt
I may be 32 but if a man (boy??) shows up at my door with a ticket to Hawaii; sure, I’ll be your prom date, dude. In the grand scheme of things, this is awful and I am so happy my group of friends and I went to prom, dateless, together. So much fun, no fuss.
Big sigh for the Grey’s train. I can’t get off either. Really hoping it ends in 2017 because let’s face it, I’m going down with the ship. (so many transportation metaphors)
Where did you get your notebook?!?!
I must have one! <this also means that a handful of high school juniors might also want one because they love everything I reference from your blog. Seriously, if you were to ask one of my classes what I read daily they would know to answer "howsweeteats" without a second thought!
Mercury went retrograde last Thursday and will come out of it on May 22nd… (This impacts electronics, contracts, and communications the most.)
It is true!!!
I am not that old but hello wasn’t it excited just to be asked!?!?