Cucumber Vodka Soda.
I mean, it’s like we’re drinking SALAD.
It’s so green that I feel healthier just looking at it. Don’t you?!
I love cocktails with a hint of cucumber. It has to be right though. Because truly, when there is too much cucumber in a drink, I actually think that it does taste like salad. Too much salad.
Eddie LOATHES cucumbers. I mean, absolutely hates them. If he orders a green juice with cucumber in it by mistake, he can barely drink it. That’s how much he hates the taste. Kind of like me with celery.
Don’t bring that stuff near me.
No way, no how. You could cover it with chocolate and bacon and throw it on avocado toast and I still wouldn’t eat it.
Anyhoo. I kind of wanted to call this a cucumber COOLER and not only because it reminds me of drinking Hi-C ecto cooler juice boxes when I was kid on a hot and sunny summer day where we’d spend twelve hours outside. I didn’t even like juice but I wanted to drink that green mess like it was going out of style.
And yes, I realize that I sound 54 years old and completely NOT with the times, but why isn’t anyone ever outside anymore? Because everyone is working and then inside at home on the internets looking up cucumber cocktails? I hope.
THIS here juice (yes, let’s call it juice) is so super refreshing on that hot summer day.
it quenches your thirst,
it doesn’t make you feel terrible like a few beers or one margarita might.
It’s everything your summer wants! It told me so.
Cucumber Vodka Soda
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cucumber juice, you will need 2 to 3 seedless cucumbers
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 to 2 cups cold seltzer water, lime is great!
- crushed ice for serving
- lime and cucumber slices for garnish
- To make the cucumber juice (if you don’t have a juicer), puree peeled seedless cucumbers (probably 2 of them) in a blender with a touch of water. Pour the puree through a fine mesh strainer into a large measuring cup.
- In a large pitcher, combine the cucumber juice, lime juice, vodka and simply syrup. Stir well then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Before serving, pour in the cold seltzer water, starting with 1 cup. Taste and if desired, add in more simple syrup and seltzer. Pour the mixture over crushed ice and garnish with lime wedges and cucumber slices!
- Also, if you really want to UP the cucumber flavor, you can use cucumber vodka.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Look at that glass of health.
78 Comments on “Cucumber Vodka Soda.”
Pingback: Refreshing Green Brunch Drinks to Celebrate Springtime – Bainbridge Today
Pingback: 21 Cooling Vegan Summer Drink Recipes (Yummy!) | The Green Loot
Pingback: 50 recipes for summer parties - plays well with butter
What kind of vodka do you use?
Pingback: 10 Easy Cocktail Recipes You Can Make at Home • 😍 Heard.Zone
I made this cocktail and it was delicious. I highly recommend light and refreshing. I purchased a juicer just to use for this recipe.
Sounds great, but can simple syrup be made with lakanto, swerve, or stevia instead of sugar? Thanks!
Pingback: Ẩm thực – 9 Immune-Boosting Cocktails That Pack Vitamins and Antioxidants – Non Prototype Language…
Pingback: 9 Immune Boosting Cocktail Recipes | Don't eat this | HealthySilo.com
This drink is amazeballs!
This is a really yummy refreshing drink. I love it.
Delicious! We garnished with fresh mint from the garden, very fresh.