No-Churn Sugar Roasted Peach Pie Ice Cream.
More peaches please!
How oh how oh how is this my first ice cream recipe of the season? I’m majorly slacking on ice cream inspo so I’m pretty psyched about this one and hoping you guys will bring some ideas to the table below in the comments. I’m thinking nutella and potato chips and fresh mint but not TOGETHER.
Do not worry.
(But maybe worry.)
Are you obsessed with watching shark week? It’s time! Is it just me or is this shark week a leeeettle bit better than the last year or two? Do you remember losing your mind over shark week ten years ago when it was super legit and scary and awesome and terrifying?
To me, shark week meant the real start of summer, most days spent outside and coming in to watch shark week shows all night with my brothers. And ice cream. TONS of it.
Like this one? I don’t even know where to begin.
Sugar roasted peaches, swirled in ice cream, with big chunks of graham cracker crust pieces. YESSSSSSSS.
This is my summer lifeblood.
I went with graham cracker crust because you guys know I’m a huuuuge graham crust fan. Not only is it easier but I think it tastes so much more delicious. Feel free to use regular old pie crust if you like – you know, maybe you just happen to have some hanging around?
Never. All the crust gets eaten always. By me, always.
Best part about this ice cream, besides the sugar roasted peaches and the crumbs, is that this is NO CHURN! I’ve made a few no churn recipes before – blackberry chip no churn and peanut butter cookie dough blizzards with vanilla no churn (i know, omg) – and it is so, so good. AND EASY.
I will forever love a thick, custard-like ice cream (think Jeni’s) but sometimes I’m lazy, impatient and totally forget to put my ice cream bowl making thing in the freezer 24 hours before. Real life.
What are your 4th of July plans? We have a few parties, lots of fireworks, but obviously the food is the most important right? I’m thinking some trashed up hot dogs, these goat cheese guac burgers, white pizza dip and an XL pitcher of rosé sangria.
And since dessert is always needed, before and after, daily ice cream cones until Tuesday. Work it.
No-Churn Sugar Roasted Peach Pie Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the peach slices out in a single layer and sprinkle with the brown sugar and salt. Roast until golden and caramely, flipping once or twice during roast time, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- While the peaches are roasting, stir together the graham crumbs and melted butter. Use your hands to clump together chunks of graham crumbs. Spread the mixture out on parchment so the butter can dry, even if the crumbs are still, well… crumbs.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and bourbon until combined.
- Place the cold cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the mixture – constantly folding over and over until everything is combined. This will take a few minutes! Fold in the sugar roasted peaches, reserving a few for the top of the ice cream. Gently stir in most of the graham chunks too. Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined loaf pan or a freezer container. Freeze for at least 6 hours (or overnight) for best results.
- When serving, top with extra graham crumbs or granola if desired!
Calories don’t count on holidays.