Pineapple Peach Agua Fresca.
I might have something that you want to drink more than wine!
And it doesn’t include tequila, rum, vodka or bourbon either. Who am I and what have I done with myself?
It’s been awhile since I made an agua fresca regularly. Back when I was working on Seriously Delish, I was making different versions ‘round the clock in order to find one that I completely loved.
I’ve shared a watermelon and mango version before – and while I always thought that watermelon would remain my favorite, I think I easily have a new one.
Strawberry also comes in at a close second, but only because Edgar’s Tacos in the strip district makes the most incredible version. I’ve never seen Eddie suck down a drink as fast as he does with their strawberry agua fresca. It’s definitely packed with sugar and a wonderful treat to have with tacos every once in a while.
In fact, we had Edgar’s at our house a few years ago for a party and they brought a ginormous jug of the agua fresca, like enough to serve 50+ people. Can you say agua fresca for dayssss?
I can. I did. I want to again.
This agua fresca is SO incredibly refreshing. It’s not super sweet and if you’re a fruit lover, it hits the spot. I even find it to be more thirst-quenching than lemonade because it’s just so light and lacks any tartness or sugary aftertaste.
It’s the best thing ever on a hot summer day.
At least the best thing ever right now, because next week you know I’m going to tell you about the next best thing ever. #millennial
And can we talk about the COLOR?! It’s so bright and vibrant and wonderful. I like to use more peaches than pineapple – the pineapple can be overwhelming and take away from that sweet summer peach flavor.
It’s like you’re drinking peach pie in a glass! But… you know, fruit. And water. Fruit water. With mint and lime!
Okay just break out the tequila.
Pineapple Peach Agua Fresca
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups water
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 cup frozen peach slices
- fresh mint
- lime slices for serving
- note: to make the simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water (such as 1/4 cup each) in a saucepan over medium heat. whisk until the sugar dissolves and simmer for a minute or two, then remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Add the peaches, pineapple and 1 cup of water to a blender and blend until completely pureed. Using a fine mesh sieve, pour puree through into a large bowl or measuring cup, using a spoon to press the last of the liquid out when you get to the end. Combine the juice with the remaining water, lime juice and simple syrup in a large pitcher. Taste and add more syrup if desired. Chill until cold. Before serving, add the frozen peach slices (to act as your ice cubes!) along with a few ice cubes if you’d like it super cold.
- Serve over crushed ice the extra lime slices and mint.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
You can add a splash.
73 Comments on “Pineapple Peach Agua Fresca.”
So delicious! A hit with my family!
Thanks for this useful informative blog to sharing step by step.
Pingback: 25 Summer Drinks - becherished
Quero experimentar todas.