1. The sushi burrito still scares me. There I said it. But I’m SUPER into this pokeritto!
2. Last year I wrote about hating iMessage on my macbook, and now I’m so conditioned to using it that when someone doesn’t have an iPhone and I actually have to text FROM my phone and not my computer? I’m annoyed. The worst kind of millennial is me.
3. Facebook is killing me with the Olympic winner spoilers. I’m not actively searching the winners out but if I even bring up Facebook to post something for the blog, I inevitably see something! Killing me smalls.
4. Speaking of, we aren’t watching anything on TV right now except for the Olympics. Eeeep! The gymnastics excites me like no other (omg, except for that horrific leg break, did you see it?!), I’m hooked on swimming and diving, love it all so much. The talent and passion are incredibly motivating.
5. Six habits of champions. Hello, I’m a self help addict.
6. I am absolutely one of those people who wants all notifications off their phone at all times. If I have a text, it has to be read. All emails must be cleared. (< yeah, right.) This does not bode well for instagram stories + productivity.
7. What your go-to candy says about you. This made me giggle – but mine (snickers) is hilariously accurate. WEIRD.
8. Guys! My tomato plants are just not sticking it out this year. The leaves are now turning yellow – what does that even mean? Too much water? Too much sun? Plants just hate me?
22 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
In response to #2, if you go to Settings on your iPhone and then go to Messages, you can set up Text Message Forwarding to your computer! Hope that helps!
omg! life changing!
Wow! I was about to comment that I felt the SAME way about texting/imessaging. Thank you for sharing Megan, game changing indeed!
Seriously!!!!! Thank you Megan!!!! I’m EXACTLY like Jessica in that regard and get seriously annoyed if working on my laptop and have to – sigh – pick up my phone and text. I’m too old to be a millennial but I am clearly spoiled.
why are you scared of sushi burritos? they’re delicious and just as tasty as sushi (albeit behemoths, but that just means a snack for later!).
seems like just SO much. lots of fish and rice?!
the ones that i’ve tried are more than just fish and rice; i had one last week with lotus chips and roasted red peppers and egg, and i twas delicious! some of them don’t even have fish and are vegetarian, or they have cooked fish/shrimp/seafood.
Are your tomato plants in pots or the ground? Are you feeding them? I use fish emmulsion once a week and everytime I water I use plant food . My tomatoes are taller than me, my cucumber plant is up to my neck and now spilling out of the pot onto the deck!
Haha I’ve only had a sushi burrito once from this place in D.C. and it was actually really good. It was this place: https://eatburedo.com. And I can totally relate to the iMessaging on your computer. If I receive a text and look at my phone and see the message, I will put down the phone and actually go to my computer to respond hahah. So jealous you’re watching the Olympics..I’ve been staying at my brothers and he doesn’t have cable! Looking forward to going home and watching!!
I am going to have my first sushi burrito this weekend at a new brick and mortar restaurant here in Nashville, Funk Seoul Brother. The name alone right! ??
I had to explain to my boss last week why his handyman wasn’t getting his imessages (the handyman has a droid) – this then turned into a conversation about what an SMS message was. I started so informed then crashed in a blaze of acronyms.
Ahhh! The spoilers! I legitimately unfriended someone 4 years ago for spoiling gymnastics before it aired. Today I was spoiled by the NBC Olympics Facebook page. So thanks….
Re: your tomato plants, if they are in containers, I’d say that under watering is the likely issue. With the hot summer much of the US has been having, you may need a good deep watering twice a day.
If they are in the ground, under watering would still be my first guess, but I would check for signs of blight or insect damage as well. If that is the case, you may need to head to the garden center for neem oil or another appropriate organic spray.
How well the fruit is forming is another sign- if you’ve got tomatoes rotting on the vine (blossom end rot), they’re not getting enough water. If you’ve got black spots, that’s usually blight.
Hope this helps! Good luck with your plants.
OMG totally agree about the Olympics. I’m obsessed and I LOVE the gymnastics too.
It’s so hard to explain why I love it so much to other people but it’s definitely to do with how inspiring they all are even though I’m not the least bit sporty.
Cannot wait for the athletics to start!
Snickers, yes! But have you tried the ice cream bars?! I kind of think those are even better. But it’s my fave either way. Although there was Kinder Bueno on that list which is really good too.
We have the Olympics on pretty much 24/7 too. :)
I’m so with you. I don’t know HOW people have all of those text/email/voicemail notifications on their phone. Even a little red “1” drives me insane.
What would you do if I told you that you COULD send texts from your Mac? I do it all the time!
If you go to Settings on your phone, then Messages, you can switch Text Message Forwarding on, then I believe it will let you select the device you want to allow it from. I do it on both my Mac and my (wifi-only) iPad all the time.
Seriously so lazy of me.
If my instructions are terrible, just google “send sms from imessage” and one of the first results is a MacWorld article that will walk you through it. :)
Also, I’m the same way about notifications. I have to physically turn them off to give myself peace and quiet.
The habits of champions article was great. Thanks for sharing!!
ugh the spoilers ! i have been off twitter and news websites, etc this whole week cuz i am so behind. and u know…at first it was odd but i sorta like it. maybe the olympics can be my once every 2 or 4 years where i take some time off social media ! we’ll see how long i make it. i even got a bit into handball last night…handball people ! seriously ! its like way funner soccer where they actually score goals a lot vs putting 60 mins of your life into watching something that will end like 1-0. is soccer 60 mins ? i dont even know. whatever it is its to long for me.
#6. Me too. I can’t let a notification go without reacting almost immediately. Hate myself.
LOVE the Olympics. Glued. I was a gymnast for years, so that’s always my favorite part, but I love it all too! So inspiring. Though it also makes me feel like I should’ve done way more with my life! :)
Oh, the Olympic spoilers. I’m still mad at Barbara Walters for spilling the beans that Tara Lipinski won the gold before the competition aired.
I’m not sure if I told you this but I have a grandson in the Olympics. Kyle Snyder will wrestle on 8/21. We leave for Rio next week! Excited and nervous!!